Your 1 stop post for all the info...

Man you told me you were going to the MS STL is MO
laugh.gif

Well guys I can't wait fro this trip, Ks and I are getting together this week for some brainstorming on places to stay and phone numbers for reservations. Once we have some definite plans and ideas for lodging we will post up the info for all to see. I am also going to try and find some camping and RV info for those of your who do that, I don't believe there are camping faclilties at Copper Mountain but I will find out for sure and let everyone know.

Its Condo for me and the wifey and we are going up on Tuesday or Wednesday before and will come home on the following Monday so if anyone else is going that early we can meet up and get together. Also don't forget the Super Moto racing going on during the weekend it is definitely worth watching. WE will talk to you later and give more details as they come available.

Well here is the latest from my side...I set up an info page and soon to be live registration page for this event here MHBOA  click the 2005 hayabusa.org gathering button on the left. I posted some links that might be helpful for lodging and rides. Also, I will call my buddy at Copper and get info on a place where we can all meet and maybe have a party BBQ. Also, I am talking with the regional Suzuki rep who is working on getting their product manager to come talk to us about the Busa's future and new products....he is also working on a bunch of goodies for us.

Once we get everyone registered, we can start keeping track on who will be there and making sure everyone has a place to stay

<!--EDIT|5280Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104874239 -->

THIS JUST IN!!!!

Email just received from the editor of Super StreetBike magazine:

"Yes, it looks like we are going to be doing Cyclefest again. It would be awesome to do something with the magazine in conjunction with the Busa owners, maybe a huge (and much better organized--meaning I'll be in charge of it this time!) Busa show, or a ride, or something. And of course, have a photographer come over and shoot all the bikes and do something in the magazine on it. I'd be all over that.

Do you have the flyer prepared already? Send me one (or at least send me all the pertinent info) and I can post something on the events forum on our Web site, and maybe put together a small announcement for inside the mag.

Next issue drops officially on February 1st, so you should start seeing them on newsstands the last week of this month. As usual, there's gob-loads of Hayabusas in there, features on two Busa customs, reports from the AMA/Prostar World Finals (including three pics or your boy Korry Hogan) and the MIROCK finals (all Busas!) and more...

A "

smile.gif

The smart thing would be to itemize the number of hotellers and campers. then find one hotel and negotiate a group deal....block a certain number of rooms that people would call in and confirm by a certain date. Do the same for the campers. Then you have most everyone at the same 2 places. Plan a couple formal get togethers/rides, etc and perhaps some optional ones. Talk to the Cycle Fest people and see if they are willing to include this as part of their event....providing a meet-up, post-up or display area.

Just some suggestions. I am going to try to make it to this event. What is the number of attendees so far?

I am in.
Lots of time share stuff out there I can trade for.
I will start working out the trade and let everyone know what I come up with.
I will be leaving VT alone and looking to pick-up riding mates for the journey out.
I will head as far South as needed to either I-70 or 80 to meet fellow riders.

I got an email into the Cycle Fest Folks...I also talked to the guy from Fay Myers who runs their part and he is working on seeing what he can do to get us some space to host our gathering and park the Busa's...Fay Myers is the primary Suzuki dealer associated with CF at Copper.

Also, I was wondering who would want t-shirts for the Busa gathering...I might be able to get some coop money to help cover some of the printing costs.

Trying to plan my trip to this event. I haven't traveled this part of the state and wondering which roads/rides are recommended in the meet and greet area?

Probably be in the area a day or so early and leave a little later so I'm looking for good roads in general. I'm familiar with all the must sees on the Western side like San Juan Skyway, Million Dollar, Gunnison etc, just don't know anything about the Copper Mtn area.

Any tips appreciated.

Looks like things are started to really shape up. I know we have a lot of work to do but, I believe we are heading in the right direction. I agree Thinker... 5280, Loboboy, & myself are going to get together (5280, I'll call). This away we can come up with one central plan. I apologized due to the storm this week I've lost some precious time for making this thing happen. Thanks to everyone for keeping things moving will I dug out.  
smile.gif

I am in.
Lots of time share stuff out there I can trade for.
I will start working out the trade and let everyone know what I come up with.
I will be leaving VT alone and looking to pick-up riding mates for the journey out.
I will head as far South as needed to either I-70 or 80 to meet fellow riders.
Hey are you going to be passing by IL. If so i can meet up with you. Was trying to meet up with Rhythm but he doesnt know what state St. Louis is in
eek2.gif

Probably be in the area a day or so early and leave a little later so I'm looking for good roads in general.  I'm familiar with all the must sees on the Western side like San Juan Skyway, Million Dollar, Gunnison etc, just don't know anything about the Copper Mtn area.

Any tips appreciated.
BUMP

On my way, I was thinking about jumping off of I25 onto SR165 near Colorado City and heading up to SR96 to SR67 N to CR126 N to 285. Anyone familiar with these roads and can provide any insight as to road conditions or what to expect?

Thanks

Sweeper:
If you have the time you may want to jump off I-25 at Santa Fe, take the bypass 599 around to 84/285, head North on 84/285 till spits and follow 285 to 17 back to 285 and then up to 24 and take 24 up to 91 and that will take you Copper Mtn area. Slower route but not has boring as riding I-25 all the way up. Only long straight stretch is when you take 17 thru San Luis Valley. Just an idea  
thumbs-up.gif
. What day you planning on heading thru Albuquerque?

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105291087 -->

I was planning on picking up I25 at Raton Pass after heading NW from Amarillo, TX. That's kind of why I had asked about the other roads. I really didn't want to spend much time o the superslab. In fact, I may even detour on Loop 12 from Trinidad to La Veta as I really like that road and it will eliminate much of the I25 stretch.

Looking forward to meeting up with a gaggle of busas.

Back