Your 1 stop post for all the info...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Thought this might be easier to keep things together. Details so far..
1. Meet-N-Greet to coincede with the Cyclefest event at Copper Mtn Resort. August 20th thru the 21st, 2005.
2. Lots of folks planning on camping post your thoughts on the best places to pitch a tent here..
3. Lots of folks wanting all the comforts of home via Hotel, Motel, Lodge, etc... Post your thoughts here. Loboboy is on vacation but promised to check into this with myself as soon as he returns. He is a veteran at the Cyclefest event. Stay-Tuned....
4. Any thoughts you have be it a concern, suggestion, or just looking forward to finally meeting some of the folks off this site. Post up.... Lurking prohibited!

Somethings we need to concider.. How to tie our event into the weekend of Cyclefest? Should we put one day on either side of the weekend or two at the front. Maybe two after the fact? If four days isn't enough post up. If its to much post up, what's everyones thoughts...?

We need someone near Copper to suggest a good campground for the campers. That way we can all try to stay together near the same site for the late night bonfire!! Same should go for the hotel people. Try to keep 'em together. And I am in for 4 day ralley. I would think show up the Friday before and leave on the Monday after.
biggrin.gif

Man -o-man, I'm going to have to find a dual line oxygen tank/back pack, one for me and one for the busa. I just returned from the high country, we need to talk to someone about turning some AIR on up in there. I'll bet the bike is going to run way different. From 1200' to about 8200'. If a guy was thinking about boost, this would be the time to do it. Good thing about August, the road crews should have all the sand and gravel off the roads. Only thing we will have to worry about is the deer.....and the occasional Summit county deputy sheriff....come on summertime!

I live in Denver about 1 hr east of copper mountain on I-70, elevation 5,280'. I took my 03 to bike week in Myrtle Beach SC this year and wow what a difference. My bike won't even power wheelie at all in Denver unless I chop the throttle in 1st. I'm not much of a camper, so I don't know too much about camping out here, but I know there are plenty of hotels at Copper Mountain. Only problem is they fill up quickly for Cyclefest, so reservations need to be made as early as possible. I've currently got an 05 LE on order and can't wait to get it as my 03 caught fire and was totalled on July 4. Lookin forward to meetin ya'll, hope to see a good turnout.

Could someone get the hotel names so we could possiably make reservations. Also is anyone passing by ST louis so i can meet up with them. Also is anyone riding there bikes over 800 miles?

Is anyone coming from oregon or washington. I live in Idaho and would like to ride with some folks there.
Kelly

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:3.52
Location: Belleville IL Posted: Dec. 31 2004,00:flamethrowing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could someone get the hotel names so we could possiably make reservations. Also is anyone passing by ST louis so i can meet up with them. Also is anyone riding there bikes over 800 miles? [/QUOTE]

Over 800 mi ? Yep , and I'm only stoppn for gas.

I'll be do'n a pitstop in Maryland Ht. (suburdz) St. Louis for a couple hour to rest before I head out to the Co.

Give me call later on today Playa, I dont have my cell right now.

Did some surfing the other day: found that there is a lake (Lake Dillon) approx 15 miles from Copper Mtn.. 4 camp grounds listed: Heaton Bay, Lowry, Peak One, Prospector.. cost looks to be between $15 and $20 a night depending on which one. They don't all offer the same amenities, such as pwr, wtr, etc... went thru ReserveUSA.com for info... just an FYI for the campers..

I agree we should try to be in the same camp ground or at least close by for nightly get togethers around a fire...

and for those of us that dont go rving

I will be RV camping if campgrounds have paved roads. What ? You might want to ask about that before you make reservation. Some are not paved. Wont bring RV or Busa off road. Just a thing I have.. Anyway the hotels are nice and condo rentals are all over. I will stay 7 or more days. Looks like the week before & leaving the following monday..

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be RV camping if campgrounds have paved roads. What ? You might want to ask about that before you make reservation. Some are not paved. Wont bring RV or Busa off road. Just a thing I have.. Anyway the hotels are nice and condo rentals are all over. I will stay 7 or more days. Looks like the week before & leaving the following monday.. [/QUOTE]

Ditto, no fuggn dirt roads, it will be bad enough that she'll be covered from windscreen down to rubba with bugz and road grim for rd trip.

Back