You either hate it or you haven't seen it

The look is growing on me when done tastefully.

Nice work.
beerchug.gif

In a weird, perverse sort of way, I like it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

--Wag--

I like naked bikes too. But it just looks like he took the plastics off, that's it. Is it custom?, no. Can it be a cool streetfighter? Yep.  It's how you do it.  
Your heading said you wanted comments.  IMO, atleast put the tailsection back on. it would even the bike out some till you can craft up a real streetfighter style rear. The green fighter shown with the 45deg seat and tail way up would be good for either a 5 minute ride or when your carrying the frontend. Maybe if i was still 21 i could deal with it.

I think that if you start with a bike that was designed to have fairings, you are dealing with a machine which little consideration was givin to making it look good and organized underneath, so it's more of a battle to re-engineer all that stuff to be acceptable with the plastic off than it would be if you had a bike which was meant to be half or completely exposed. You got hoses & wires all over the place and have to protect and hide the more fragile parts and the unfinished parts of the bike. Sounds like you got a plan, though. Post when it's finished.

(GSXR4EVER @ Dec. 24 2006,11:12) I think that if you start with a bike that was designed to have fairings, you are dealing with a machine which little consideration was givin to making it look good and organized underneath, so it's more of a battle to re-engineer all that stuff to be acceptable with the plastic off than it would be if you had a bike which was meant to be half or completely exposed. You got hoses & wires all over the place and have to protect and hide the more fragile parts and the unfinished parts of the bike. Sounds like you got a plan, though. Post when it's finished.
+1. I also agree there are plenty of naked bikes with great potential to create the streetfighter style. I personally don't want this style of bike, but I do appreciate the thought and work put into individual creations. I say post pics as you make additional changes.

Remember, if you only make minimum payments on your credit card, it takes, ohh, 200 trillion years to pay off. Hurry and pay it off so we can see the finished product!  
poke.gif

If you can clean the Busa lines to be SIMILAR to the Speed Triple, that would be sick!

speedtriple_2007_gallery1__Small_.jpg

(GMbusa @ Dec. 24 2006,12:35) Why not Speed Triple bodywork on the Busa chassis?
I'm sure it can be done. There's not much. I also like that single-sided swing arm..........Darn, maybe a new toy in the future?

Why not put the tail back on? Because a snowbird obliterated it.

It's fine to ride how it is, I'm not a perfectionist.

To each his or her own. Since you're looking for naked, it will be interesting to see what it looks like when you're finished.

(DC TONY @ Dec. 25 2006,12:19) I WOULD NOT BE SEEN ON THAT BIKE IN THE DARK !!!!!!!!!
It's a good thing other people's opinions aren't so important to me then... in the dark
wink.gif

Back