my rendition [sketch]

But to get to 1440cc's you would need more that just 84mm pistons wouldn't you ? You would need the cylinders bored and the heads ported to accept the 84mm pistons wouldn't you ? Or an entirely new cylinder head bought after market . And you can't stop there . What about new Rods ? Can't run a bigger head and pistons with the same stock Rods now can you ? How much money do you think thats amounts to ? Thats why I was so upset about the 08 . They spent more resources to make it look different when the power plant only got an increase in compression stroke of 2mm's , dual injector on each cylinder and so forth . They could have retained the same look and focused more on what really counts... power and performance.
a while back Quasar recommended that I go to 12:1 stock bore (81mm) pistons to compliment my yosh drop in's . I was looking at about the same numbers you are getting for the new 08 . About 178-180 RWHP . At the time I felt the cost didn't justify the increase . The cams new cost around $600 , used around $400 . The pistons are around $500 . Then to get them installed and the cam properly degreed another $1000 to $1500 . So now I'm looking at $2500 for an increase of 14 -16 RWHP , not bad but at the time it was a brand new engine still under warranty and I saw Carpenter Racing was offering a $3300 package that would put me over the 200 RWHP mark .
Come on guys do some research . The bikes we have are capable of so much more than you think. They put out a figure like 198HP and everyone thinks thats the bomb . But I feel cheated . Cause thats at the crank
Okay I admit it doesn't look that bad in blue but your still gonna have to throw a bunch of loot into it to make it the Monster it could be . And for those of you that would respond that it's not about power and going fast , that its just about friggin riding . Then go buy a scooter , ride that and get back with me on how thats working out for ya .

P.S. It may not be a Liter bike but its got a seat straight off one .

Back