Yeah, I'm kinda bragging

Pashnit ride still on my bucket list...

Mine too...especially after jealously watching your big ride with Uncle Steve throughout the West from the sidelines...

Last edited:
It's always cool to see the big bikes out there. It's been a while since I've seen a busa on the track. What tires you running?

Normally on the track I use preheated slicks. Since the Stampede group all rode their bikes to the track (about 40 minutes from downtown Reno) I had a standard Pilot Power on the rear and a Pilot Race on the front, only because I had them and need to wear them out so I can run Pilot Pures in the future. BTW, the standard PP is a terrible tire for a warm track day, its only asset is that it's pretty predictible. (gets greasy and "steps out" quite easily)
Doyle

don't mean to question, just being inquisitive, as I am always learnin, and definately are not pro rider. but in a couple of the pics(3 thru 6)it looks like your body is crossed over the bike, do you think you could have gotten a better corner with a little less lean angle and had your upper body leaning off on the same side of the bike that you were turning on? great pictures though!!

Respectfully, Mr. Anderson, I don't understand your inquiry, every pic I posted has me off the bike on the side of that particular corner apex. The whole purpose of getting off the seat is to allow the motorcycle to remain as vertical as possible. If the bike is leaned way over AND I'm off the seat, it indicates how fast I'm navigating that corner (or any other rider one looks at in that situation for that matter).
I hope that answers your question. Doyle

I agree your lower body is off the seat but your upper body is crossed over to the opposite side of the bike, at least it appears that way in pictures 5 and 6, could be the angle of the picure though. I was just thinking you could have used a little less lean angle to get through the corner and had your upper body off to the same side as your lower body. I was thinking your head should be inline with the right rear view mirror. in the picture your upper body looks like it is crossed over to the left side of the bike kinda defeating the purpose of getting your rear off the bike. am i wrong?

Last edited:
yep "you definately cant get the busa to handle like a small bike in the curvy's"
Think i'll have to show em those pics, impressive man you got more balls than i do!!!! i'll stick to my straight line racing!:bowdown::bowdown:

I agree your lower body is off the seat but your upper body is crossed over to the opposite side of the bike, at least it appears that way in pictures 5 and 6, could be the angle of the picure though. I was just thinking you could have used a little less lean angle to get through the corner and had your upper body off to the same side as your lower body. I was thinking your head should be inline with the right rear view mirror. in the picture your upper body looks like it is crossed over to the left side of the bike kinda defeating the purpose of getting your rear off the bike. am i wrong?

Well, right and wrong! I see what you are saying, I would just add that....my contact relationship with the motorcycle is what should be accessed, that is 1)pressure on pegs with balls of feet 2)pressure on the tank with inside of leg 3)gentle monitoring of clip ons and throttle 4)how much weight is being transferred by butt onto which part of seat
And finally, one's third contact with the tarmac....the inside knee. I remember those particular corners and I recall feeling really balanced and strong doing them. I guess what I'm saying is that, if Ben Spies was beating me by just one bike length then I'd probably hire a pro coach and strive deeply for perfection but since I'm just a 220 pound 63 year old that seems to ride adequately safe and plenty fast, I think my body positioning is OK.
I'm not being sarcastic, it's just kinda where I'm at! Doyle

don't get defensive about the body positioning thing Doyle. That track is nothing but back and forth from one side to the other. It seems as though every corner was a late apex, really late apex or a combo corner, where during one corner you're really setting up for the next one. Not alot of time for setting the body up and over the side. Besides, even among the pros styles change from rider to rider and from track to track. You look great in those shots and Lamb shats off to you. It was fun chasing you around that place. GOOD TIMES!

Looking very good Raydog...It was a blast for sure.....And a Pleasure to ride with you and the others there.....And they said no racing speed.. boy did they fool us..as someone said [can we go out again] When we got to go out the 3rd time.. thats when all H__L broke loose. Slippin' and sliding and no place to rest..25 plus turns... WOW 5-6 laps... :bowdown:

don't get defensive about the body positioning thing Doyle. That track is nothing but back and forth from one side to the other. It seems as though every corner was a late apex, really late apex or a combo corner, where during one corner you're really setting up for the next one. Not alot of time for setting the body up and over the side. Besides, even among the pros styles change from rider to rider and from track to track. You look great in those shots and Lamb shats off to you. It was fun chasing you around that place. GOOD TIMES!

Yeah, I agree....as I'm up on a ladder on my deck installing windows (about 30 ft in the sky) the thought occured to me how one's hiney is ALWAYS sliding back and forth on that track AND a still shot is just that....a quarter second point in time only!
Anyways, Ralph and Lamb, thanks for you both making my day so fun! Doyle

MF1A3618.JPG

Back