XM radio installed

you could put a switch on it to cut power during the start up if you were really worried about it.

I got the inline power adapter, has a fuse and all and have not had any problems so far. I also dont turn the unit on until after the bike is running
cool.gif
I also use a 1gig mp3 unit at times, basically same setup, just no power/antenna for the mp3 player
wink.gif

you never sieze to amaze me Zuk............lol I you sure your name isn't the Electronic Wizard.....thinking the Pentagon could use you man...
laugh.gif

thanks Creek! I might have a few new surprises up my sleave for the bash... kinda depends on cash flow but I'm toyin with a few things
cool.gif

And we'll have to chat up there about some ideas I have for the bike
smile.gif

has anyone used external speakers .think it would be nice around town not having to worry about anything in your ears???

Rhythm has a kick ass sound system on his bike
cool.gif
good to about 80mph and its very nice .... all depends on how much you wanna put into the system but I do like my ear buds
cool.gif

cool.gif

Anyone else installed one of these?
rock.gif
Just trying to figure out a few options around other models... I am thinking I want to upgrade to one with the memory feature but have not seen if they can mount without their little base thing

I carry my Xm in the pocket of my tank bag facing me. Works well enough.

Just curious, but why didnt you just buy a myfi? I have been an xm addict for 3 years and have 6 units in various vehicles. I have been wanting to incorporate one into the bike and happened across this thread. I dont know much about the myfi's but Like I said,just curious.....Jay

myfi_pop_1.jpg

<!--EDIT|carolinadoublej
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141420020 -->

Just curious, but why didnt you just buy a myfi? I have been an xm addict for 3 years and have 6 units in various vehicles. I have been  wanting to incorporate one into the bike and happened across this thread. I dont know much about the myfi's but Like I said,just curious.....Jay

myfi_pop_1.jpg
Hey Jay,

just noticed this reply to the thread... sorry for the delay
smile.gif

I didnt go with the myfi for a few reasons. First the built in antenna I hear isnt quite as good as the external one, second was the cost. I actually got this unit for a bday present but have bought others since for other applications. This thing works pretty good and seems to do the trick for my application. I guess you could use anything, its personal preference. I also run my MP3 player off this setup, though its battery powered but I use the same audio lead.

Yep, I need to print this one off...I did buy that Roady2 for Mike, then my best friend bought one for her hubby, decided to get him the full XM ready stereo instead, so now I have a Roady2 as well...can't decide whether to put it in my Mustang or the Busa?
rock.gif

cool.gif

put it in both
wink.gif
I take the roady in and out of the truck/bike all the time. Takes about 10 seconds to unplug from either and hook up on the other one
cool.gif

Just get the thing hard wired in the mustang and on the busa and you'll never look back
biggrin.gif

I have a Sirius Starmate reciever and looking to put it on my bike. Are you using an amp to power the headphones? If not, does the reciever put out enough power to hear the music clearly.

yep, the unit does just fine for the single person headphones. I saw somewhere that best buy sells a little power amp that runs on AA batteries and will power up 2 or 4 headsets ... think its like $40 or something
cool.gif

Have the my-fi also, works great and you can always record 5 hours of music to take with you. I use a chatterbox x-1 which is mounted to my bike, xm radio is in tank bag, this way I can listen to the music, talk with my passenger and if my friends will invest eventually talk with them as well. also able to answer the cell phone...

Thanks zukracer.... Just bought a roady xt thru an Opie and Anthony promotion to put on the bike. Thought I would also share the link in case someone else is thinking of doing the install. ...Jay

RoadyXT - Free
RoadyXT + Boombox - $99
XM Commander - $49
Myfi, Tao, & Airware - $99
Skyfi2 Car Bundle - $49
Skyfi2 Car Bundle + Boombox - $59
Polk Reference Tuner - $119.99

Catch - must pre-pay for 3 months service ($38.95) and a 6 month committment. This is a promotion from Opie & Anthony.

http://partners.xmradio.com

use code OPIANTXM6

Back