My XM satellite radio and GPS mount

PsychoZ

Registered
as you can see I have mounted a XM SKYFi2 radio and Garmin 60CS on my Busa, I will soon be fabricating a mount that will attack to the same platform to hold my radar detector,  I got all the mounting gear from CycoActive.  If you look on the little dash above the gauges you will see the antenna, the power is hard wired in, the GPS runs on AA's which last a long time.  When I finish the mount for the radar detector I will show that and if anyone wants I can attach the XM radio and GPS and post a pic of that on Monday.

IMG_1191.jpg

I also chopped the rear fender and swapped out all the signal lenses to clear, integrated the tail and turn signals but kept the factory signals for safety reasons, and I also put on the XENONKING HID kit 5000 kw, and that thing is the best

IMG_1184.jpg

Looks nice, Psycho! Does the mount interfere with visibility when riding, particularly tucking?

no interference and it is totally adjustable, the only reason it is as high as it is, is because my tank bag is big so I adjusted it up higher. adjusting only takes a few seconds

How is the signal strenght with the antenna up front? I have an Xact Communications Sirius setup and have the antenna on a mount on the rear grab bar as well as one one my tail trunk when it's mounted. Are you using head phones direct or some other type of amp?
Thanks, Ed

How is the signal strenght with the antenna up front? I have an Xact Communications Sirius setup and have the antenna on a mount on the rear grab bar as well as one one my tail trunk when it's mounted. Are you using head phones direct or some other type of amp?
Thanks, Ed
reception is great, the only time I have lost signal was going through real tight hilly areas, and the lose was for a mere second or so. I use a a chatterbox which provides near stereo quality, I also had to use an inline amp which is what I use to control the volume level, its a little smaller than a cigarette box

Back