WOW that blows 2k11 zx10 recall

I owned a 2005 gsxr1000 and there was no recall. If you can prove any of that as fact, I'll apologize for what I'm thinking of you right now...
I'm a big guy and I wheelied the crap outta that thing and it never had an issue. If you believe everything you read on an internet forum, you are going to lead a very very paranoid and also boring life... Now take that back!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Your 05 was recalled. Google it.

Your 05 was recalled. Google it.

I stand corrected. I have no problem admitting I was wrong. :bowdown:

"Recall # is 2A08 dated 01-21-09"

I never saw this in the 3 years I owned my '05. By the time this recall came out, I was riding around an M109R and thought my sportbike days were over...
It is for selected VIN numbers though, wasn't a mass recall. (this doesn't make me right, just saying ;)

My Nikes got recalled, they were supposed to make me faster but they were so comfortable I fell asleep~!~

"Having suspended the public launch of the much anticipated 2011 Ninja ZX-10R to
investigate a technical issue, Kawasaki Heavy Industries have now revealed the
cause of concern and the countermeasure to solve the issue.
It had been discovered that when some examples of the new 2011 Ninja ZX-10R
were operated at high rpm under unique riding conditions - such as operating on a
racetrack - the intake valve springs could surge. Should this rare incidence occur it
could cause one or more intake valves to seat improperly, resulting in poor engine
performance.
Having examined the very small number of machines which exhibited this surge
phenomenon, the Kawasaki factory engineers have designed and fully tested a
countermeasure which solves the problem without affecting any facet of the new
engine’s outstanding performance.
On the limited number of machines produced so far, the camshaft, valve springs and
spring retainers for intake valves are being replaced to prevent the valve spring from
surging. The same design update is automatically being incorporated into the
ongoing production run of the newest and most powerful Ninja yet produced".

Idk how it is were you guys live but here in NY they don't sell the 2011 models till spring ish. How do people have them already?

Idk how it is were you guys live but here in NY they don't sell the 2011 models till spring ish. How do people have them already?

Here in Oklahoma we get the new models towards the end of October or when they are released to the public. We don't have nearly as bad of winters as you guys do so that might play a little bit into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was quite normal to get them at the end of the year ?

I picked up my K8 B-King, 2008 model on Oct 31st, 2007.
2011 models ? You guy's are only just getting the rest of the worlds 2010 models !......:whistle:

Last edited:
Yeah like September or so of 06 when the 07 gsxr 1000 was released to the public, I went to the dealer to buy one. It didn't come into the dealership till late April of 07. I rode it home so it was warm out and I picked it up 2 days after they got it because they had to prep it. I know that's hoe Suzuki is around here and I'm pretty sure every other brand is the same. I HATE NY!!!! There is nothing good about this state lol.

Yeah like September or so of 06 when the 07 gsxr 1000 was released to the public, I went to the dealer to buy one. It didn't come into the dealership till late April of 07. I rode it home so it was warm out and I picked it up 2 days after they got it because they had to prep it. I know that's hoe Suzuki is around here and I'm pretty sure every other brand is the same. I HATE NY!!!! There is nothing good about this state lol.

The hot dogs aren't bad at Yankee Stadium! LOL!

Here is Official Release.

Kawasaki2011ZX10.jpg

i cant see them doing a mass buy back on the bike for just that....wouldnt it be cheaper just to fix em?

i cant see them doing a mass buy back on the bike for just that....wouldnt it be cheaper just to fix em?

What do you class as "mass".

Most country's havent had them released yet,
and how many were on the road in the US ?

You do have a point though,
why wasnt it just a recall for the new parts ?
unless the new parts weren't available and they wanted to
save face in going head to head against the S1000RR ?

Last edited:
If they were 2011 models, none would be on the road yet. Pretty sure the delivery starts around February for the new models here in the US.
I ordered my '05 1k in November, and took delivery on it the second week of March in 2005. I've heard of people waiting even longer.
All of the race teams have them already, but I'm sure they aren't using the parts in the recall anyway, and I'm sure Kawi isn't gonna make them send those bikes back..

If they were 2011 models, none would be on the road yet. Pretty sure the delivery starts around February for the new models here in the US.

Or you might be wrong.
There are bikes (2011 models) registered and on the road in the US
some have been handed back, others have not.

Last edited:
On the zx10 site there is members with the 2011 zx10's, some already turned them in, one did not and is getting a new motor.

Back