Would you like this...

Good job TRU! People like you are the reason why the world is bearable....sometimes!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Unless they knowingly over served him and were worried about that problem, it seems odd that anyone would want to have someone in their establishment in that condition.  There is nothing good that could come of it.  If he's passed out drunk chances are good that he's going to PUKE at some point and possibly cause a bunch of othe problems.  Worse case if he's drank alot in short period of time, he could die.  If he wasn't drunk and was unconsious, that's probably an even bigger problem.

You did well by calling 911, err on the side of saving his life.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112775746 -->

Great job TruWrecks! I'm glad to hear people still care about Life in this country. I wonder if the lady on duty would want someone to help her in like situation?

Well done.

Did you get a receipt, just in case heaven is like the IRS?
smile.gif

A side note, A Paramedic friend of mine was golfing a few years ago and saw a woman in distress. She was obviously choking (hot dog) and he went to assist. He performed the hemlich maneuver on her and dislodged the meat. She was alive but ended up with a cracked rib. She sued the crap out of him and ended up winning a $10,000 judgement.

In hindsight if he would have asked her, "Would you like me to help you?" He would have been covered. He lost the case because he didn't obtain consent prior to acting. However if he would have waited till she lost consciousness he would have been covered also. Because a "reasonable prudent person" would want to have their life saved, thereby waiving the consent issue. Food for thought.

Chris

jump9.gif
I can picture going out to a nice restaraunt with the wife and some dude's slumped over his plate while they're re-filling his pepsi all non-chalant! Ahhh...I won't be having what he's having! Sorry...Too bad more people aren't like you, TW. It just seems nowdays you get sh!t on for trying to help people.

Back