Would you like this...

TruWrecks

Banned
cussing.gif

Last night I went to dinner with my wife.  We saw a man (late 30's-early 40's) slumped over the table like he had just passed out.  He was dressed like he had just come from work at a mechanic or tire shop.  His hands and face were flush red, and he was having difficulty breathing.  I asked the manager if she had seen him.  She said he looked like he was drunk when he ordered his food.  she tried to wake him up a few minutes ago, but couldn't.  She then went back about her job.  I was concerned, so I went over to check on him.  I couldn't wake him, but he was breathing and did have a pulse.  I didn't smell any alcohol, so I don't think he was drunk.  I asked the manager if she had called for help.  She said "No".  I told her to call 911 and get the police or fire department to come and check him out.  She called her supervisor at home.  I got mad and called 911 myself.  She saw me on the phone and decided she better call 911 also.  I gave the medics the details that I knew.  They sent a fire truck and paramedics to the scene.  They called for an ambulance to transport the guy to the ER.  He had to have been there for about 20 minutes.

Someone could die in that place an they wouldn't care!

I have now officially used my Red Cross training to assess a situation.  Washington State has a "Good Samaritan" law that requires you to try to help if you see something happen.  The law also protects you from being sued for doing the right thing.

If I looked like I had passed out, and some couldn't wake me, I would want them to call for help ASAP!

Thanks for letting me rant!  
rant.gif

The bottom line:

Treat others how you would LIKE to be treated!  (Drunk or not!)

Doug

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112653426 -->

Well its just like the guy who rode the train for 8 hrs after he died....people just dont care about each other

Let's just tell everyone that only cares about themselves to "Go follow the other non-caring lemmings of the cliff"! May they get what they give!

That should help thin out the population a bit!

lemming.. hehe I love that insult.. too funny.

pretty weird just ignoring somebody obviously haven probs no matter what they did.. hehe I guess if some dude was shooting up drano beside me I'd atleast call 911 for his stupid ass.

Nice job Doug. As this country moves further away from the Judeo-Christian ethics on which it was founded, the "good samaritan" also evolves from scripture to good advice to fable to forgotten. What's wrong with people anymore?

Wow. Can't believe that somebody would just let them be. Even if they thought he was drunk, that can still be a serious situation. Just don't understand some people anymore.

Wow. Kind of surprised of the actions of that manager. As David Spade once so aptly said, "Hello. I'm Earth. Have we met?"

Proud of you for standing up for what you believe in and helping a fellow in need. Well done.

Jason

You just saved someones life, you did the right thing Bro.

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112664318 -->

Whats judeo-christian?
rock.gif
The Old and New Testaments of the Bible (basically) The Jewish faith is based on the Old Testament, while Christianity acknowledges this and builds on it with the New Testament. Islam adds the Koran in addition to the others. This is a loose explanation, there are obviously more differences than just the Holy Books of each religion.

glad you did the right thing. If he was just drunk and passed out oh well but you may have very well saved a life. His or someone else if he had managed to get behind the wheel of a car. Good Job
cool.gif

I checked with the fire dept. and the ER today. They couldn't tell me his name (HIPA), but they did say they didn't loose anyony in the ER last night, so I guess he's okay. If he was drunk, I'd rather see him leave in the ambulance BEFORE an accident occurs!

beerchug.gif

Washington State has a "Good Samaritan" law that requires you to try to help if you see something happen.  The law also protects you from being sued for doing the right thing.
Great work, it's the one time no one checks that it's a real emergency and there is no second chance.
thumbs-up.gif

Remeber that WA states good sameritan law does not require you to help and it also does not always protect you from acts of kindness. Example: you can't try to give a guy a traceotomy to open an airway when you have no training to attempt such a proceedure, wether it could save his life or not. The only time you are required by law to act medically is if you are a medical professional (EMT, Paramedic, DR.)and there is no risk to your personal safety in doing so.
smile.gif

Washington State has a "Good Samaritan" law that requires you to try to help if you see something happen.  The law also protects you from being sued for doing the right thing.
Great work, it's the one time no one checks that it's a real emergency and there is no second chance.
thumbs-up.gif

Remeber that WA states good sameritan law does not require you to help and it also does not always protect you from acts of kindness. Example: you can't try to give a guy a traceotomy to open an airway when you have no training to attempt such a proceedure, wether it could save his life or not. The only time you are required by law to act medically is if you are a medical professional (EMT, Paramedic, DR.)and there is no risk to your personal safety in doing so.
smile.gif
The law is true as long as I stay within the limits of my Red Cross training. You'er right about stepping over the limit of your official training. I could get sued for doing open heart surgery if I'm only trained to do CPR. As long as I stay in the limits, the Red Cross will support me legally. (I've had that very discussion with them before).

You are to be commended, I would write a letter to the editor of your paper and give the whole story, basically i would tell anyone that would listen about this place and its employees.

Right thing to do. No one else in the place did anything
rock.gif

Did you ever find out what was wrong with him?

Good grief! Could the employees at the restaurant show any less compassion or concern? Society's pretty pathetic...but, glad you stepped up and got the man some help...

I hope he'll be okay...

You are to be commended, I would write a letter to the editor of your paper and give the whole story, basically i would tell anyone that would listen about this place and its employees.
I agree, any place that is that uncaring about people can not be a place that adheres to health codes.......If you push hard enough, you'll bring some negative attention that direction. Oh yeah, on behalf of the guy who's life you saved, Thank You. I'm sure you will never hear it from him, but thats the least you deserve in my opinon.
beerchug.gif

TruWreck... Right On!!! some people (using term loosely) just don't get it... you know, being a "Human Being"... Proud of ya man!!!  
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112737949 -->

Back