winter powdercoating special

Tmpowdercoating:

If you don't mind me asking some questions. Is there a powder coating that could be used on Crome headers ( my stock pipes on my 87 ZL1000). I did my Kabusa's cans with no problems, but they don't get as hot. I was thinking of doing my fork tubes for the same bike. Do you think I can powder coat them, or do you think the seals would leak?[/QUOTE

there are some high temp powders out there, but i wouldnt reccomend putting it on headers. i would look into ceramic coating. fork tubes would be fine but they would have to be completely disassembled. i would mask the area where the seals go.

Made a little extra working specials over Christmas, expect an email soon ........ dam bots :laugh:

:whistle:

PC1.JPG

Those blue wheels look like a match for my 2002. Since I don't know what goes into getting that blue, how much for powdercoating mine blue to match my bike?

Can you do calipers??I want to do the rear to offset the chrome arm and wheel.Its a bently blue is what I am going with.

So in need to pop the pistons and seals out then??I can get new seals for these right??Do i need to split it half as well??

You can do it that way, I split my calipers and used a pair of c-clip pliers to grab them and twist them out. Dont grab on the outside, though

The before and after pic look good from what I can see.
How's the color matching, is there any noticable difference?

Back