Will you sell your bike for a house?

LOL... So I guess the question now is "who wants to buy it? :laugh: Will take pics when I get home and post in the classify section...:thumbsup:

Thanks guys....I know I'll have to let her go... :( but i know it'll be for the better.... so any ideas what will be a fair price to sell her for?

"If you love something, set it free." If it was meant to be, it will return to you again. If not, you have lost nothing. Well, except for, in this case, the best motorcycle the world has ever seen! ;)

Best of luck!

I just purchased my first home 3 weeks ago. I currently have my bike up for sale so that I can have more of a driveway added on, garage built and a security gate added. After thinking about it more I think I'm going to just continue to enjoy my bike and have all this work done over time. The cost of my driveway, garage build and gate will always be the same or close....the money I would lose on my bike could not be gotten back. I figure if I got all that done then I would go straight back to building another turbo bike anyway

A bike is easy to come by.... they get cheaper every year with the depreciating value. A home is something that will only increase in value over the next 10-20 years! You cant beat the value of residential market right now. The only thing I would caution you about buying a home is your current job. If you have that bad feeling inside about how the company is doing DO NOT BUY A HOUSE. The last thing you need to do is get in over your head if your job isnt stable. I bought a house and got laid off 3 days after making my first mortgage payment. I had a stable job until oil prices came tumbling down 8 months ago. Good luck on your new home purchase!

Anyone know of someone looking for a lean manufacturing, project controls, engineer (process, mechanical), architectural designer?

Last edited:
Welll...best of luck with the sale, but even $6000 is high this time of year and you have to remember you never get your money out of the mods..so better take em off and save em for the next Busa!

If you gotta sell it in the next couple weeks be prepared to take a price much closer to the trade in value....

How sure is the job outlook to commit to a house right now??? But if you can swing it you never know when a bike deal will come by. My friend just bought a 06 CBR 1000 RR for 500.00 We run into these deals a lot in the towing business the bike was a stolen recovery completely disassembled but all the parts were there in the box.

We purchased our first home this year and I can say that it's a bigger accomplishment for me than the BUSA. As much as I love riding and enjoy the bike, there is nothing like coming home to YOUR OWN HOUSE... :thumbsup:

You can always get another bike.... :beerchug: ...but there are always more things you want to do with your home also. Heck, I'd have a 600HP TURBO BUSA right now but owning a home and having a family is more important to me... :cool:

P.S....you might qualify for the $8k home buyers credit so you could probably keep the bike if you really wanted... ;)

Yes

Nothing beats home ownership. I just finished selling my '03 R1. It hurt. Next going up for sale is my '09 R1. I'll be taking a beating on it. In the short term I'll be losing my shirt on the deal.

BUT I'll get the $240 a month back on the payments I am currently making. Plus, it lowers my income to debt ratio when getting my home loan.

Look at it another way. Let's say your rent check is $1,000 a month. Now lets say your soon to be new house payment is $1,000 a month. The difference is in 20-30 years you'll own the house. Vs thowing away $240,000 if your rent check was to stay the same amount which it won't. Next year your rent will go up and each year after that with nothing to show for it. Your house payment will always stay the same. And eventually, over time you'll be paying back those $200,000 to $400,000 thousand dollars with money that is worth less due to inflation.

Sell your bike and buy your house. You'll find room in the budget for another one! Where there is a will there is a way.

I look at selling my babies as a small sacrifice to be able later to afford better ones later after me and my family have take the proper steps to secure our future.

Homes typically appreaciate. Cars, boats, motorcycles, and other such things always lose value over time.

Do the smart thing endure the comments about putting your priorities in the right order. I'll bet most of those people telling your to keep the bike at the expense of getting into a house are NOT home owners....or they are just plain crazy and or not serious.

-Gilman

Last edited:
Been in your shoes before.... sold toys to get a house! Worth it in the end! Once your are more stable you can get the toys back... and have a garage for them too!

You know once you buy the house you'll never be able to justify another busa to the misses. She'l be saying we could put that money on the house and cut the interest.
Your gunna miss it ..... :whistle:
Hey, I like tuna !!!
Get a better paying job ??
Theres no denying the busa is a money pit !

each to their own, good luck whichever way :thumbsup:

:rofl: How true, Hobo. The rule is,,, toys beeeeefore the misses,, that way she can't dictate what you buy because you already have it.

Got the misses already? Well,, the book will have a different story. :laugh:

When you have a girl,, the hunnie-do list is just a bit more demanding,, and constant,, and unnerving, and late at night runs to the store, and dirty looks in public because she thinks you checked out that hottie, and being accused of sneaking more ice cream than she had, and drinking beer before dinner,, and, and, and, and,,, :laugh:

When you have a bike,, it loves you like a puppy dog all night long for that $1800.oo exhaust system.

AND,,, IT DOESN'T TALK BACK! :rofl:

go and apply. then you know where you stand.i had a car loan, student loan, best buy card, and was supporting wife and kid when i got my house loan. have since got another truck and the busa. alot depends on the mortage company. i had very bad experiences trying to loan the money through my bank. i went through a mortgage company and got better fixed interest and the loan term i wanted.

Back