Will you sell your bike for a house?

BoricuaBusa33

Formerly "oneilldn"
Registered
Man....My dream always was to buy a Busa...and my Busa is my baby, but my other dream is also to buy a house. I already have a car loan as well so I know the bank will tell me get rid off it....:banghead:

I know that selling the bike is actually the right thing to do right now but still sad tho.... I really dont want to be eating tuna everyday with the mortgage, car, and bike loans/insurance....

So I guess I just answered my own question....:whistle: but still wanna hear what you guys think, I'm sure im not the only one that has passed thru this... I guess I could by another one in the future....

My other question is, what would be a fair price to sell it for, KBB says $7,370.

Description below....
2004 Suzuki Hayabusa LE (Limited Edition), Cristal Pearl Red
Miles: 12K
Clean, never dropped and not a scratch on it.
Mods:
Full Leo Vince Titanium 4:1
Power Commander III
Small Air Box Mod with BMC Race filter
Pair Valve Removed
Four Shorty’s Velocity Stacks OEM
Custom Map by local reputable shop
BT 016 tires (70%)
1â€￾ raise in rear (dog bones)
Powder coated black OEM rear sets, passenger sets and levers
Hotbody undertail
Tobin seat
Custom tank bra
Front smoked turn signals
Scorpion Alarm
Smoked DB Windshield

Sell the bike man then when you settle in buy another. I love my Busa too but if it's the difference of getting something like a house which will eventually go up in value or keeping the bike (which lost monetary value even as you typed this post) then go with the investment get the house sell the bike IMHO of course. Doesn't mean you can't visit the org. and it's a lot easier to get another bike than another house. :beerchug:

yea what he said :goodidea:
is the busa your only bike? if so thats ok. just sell the bike, buy the house, and search for a $125 beater to zip around on for a while.
Scooter

:beerchug:

Thanks guys....I know I'll have to let her go... :( but i know it'll be for the better.... so any ideas what will be a fair price to sell her for?

not down grading your ride or anything, but it isnt a one of a kind. All you have is boltons. SELL IT!!!! You can always get another one like that, or find another with extra mods...???

Definitely get the house. You can always get a good deal on a bike somewhere, but you don't know how long the housing market will be down. Now is a good time to buy.

You know once you buy the house you'll never be able to justify another busa to the misses. She'l be saying we could put that money on the house and cut the interest.
Your gunna miss it ..... :whistle:
Hey, I like tuna !!!
Get a better paying job ??
Theres no denying the busa is a money pit !

each to their own, good luck whichever way :thumbsup:

I suspect $7370 in the current economy, with winter fast approaching, would be a bit much to expect. I guess it comes down to how badly you want to sell it.

If I wanted to sell it within the next couple of weeks I'd offer it at $6500 and be willing to take $6000. That's easy for me to throw out there because I don't have the emotional attachment to your bike you do, but remember, neither will many perspective buyers.

You didn't mention how much you still owe on it.

Even if you sell at a loss to secure the opportunity to own something that is more likely to increase in value over time you'll be ahead. If you qualify for the $8000 first time homebuyer credit, or what seems like will soon be a $6500 "move up" credit, that "free money" will more than offset any loss you may take by selling your bike a little below market value.

Like everyone else has written, you can't live in a motorcycle, and a motorcycle will not likely help improve your net worth over time.

House first, toys last... I too think you might be a bit optimistic on pricing.. With Gen2's going in the 7's? might be a tough sell...

Good luck with the house.. At least you can ALWAYS buy a bike.. they are for sale every day.. :)

I think everyone has said all of my thoughts. Go for the house, realize you love riding and it then gives you another goal to work for...

BUT DON'T GO AWAY! You don't need a bike to stay here and hey! When I finish my bike build, you can come ride with me.

Nah, I'd just grudge match it for the down payment~!~ :whistle:

J/k ... has said before, gotta get settled first then get your toys~!~

Get a part time job, or do some side work for $ and have both, I do work on the side to afford extras. Good luck.

:thumbsup: haha... you guys crack me up.... I'll definitely be selling it within the next few weeks... I'm thinking anywhere around Low $6... I'm single so I don't have a wife to stop me from buying another one in the future...:laugh: well, at least for now :whistle:

Man....My dream always was to buy a Busa...and my Busa is my baby, but my other dream is also to buy a house. I already have a car loan as well so I know the bank will tell me get rid off it....:banghead:

I know that selling the bike is actually the right thing to do right now but still sad tho.... I really dont want to be eating tuna everyday with the mortgage, car, and bike loans/insurance....

So I guess I just answered my own question....:whistle: but still wanna hear what you guys think, I'm sure im not the only one that has passed thru this... I guess I could by another one in the future....

My other question is, what would be a fair price to sell it for, KBB says $7,370.

Description below....
2004 Suzuki Hayabusa LE (Limited Edition), Cristal Pearl Red
Miles: 12K
Clean, never dropped and not a scratch on it.
Mods:
Full Leo Vince Titanium 4:1
Power Commander III
Small Air Box Mod with BMC Race filter
Pair Valve Removed
Four Shorty’s Velocity Stacks OEM
Custom Map by local reputable shop
BT 016 tires (70%)
1â€￾ raise in rear (dog bones)
Powder coated black OEM rear sets, passenger sets and levers
Hotbody undertail
Tobin seat
Custom tank bra
Front smoked turn signals
Scorpion Alarm
Smoked DB Windshield

I sold my 2000 Busa so that I could have the cash to do some extras on the house when we built out home. After things settled down a little and we were able to put some back into savings my wife bought me a new one... It's hard to beat a house....

Cap

sell the busa...the miss and you will be happy....just sell it to another .org member who will care for it:thumbsup: then once everything is there...jump on another scoot.....you can give it up for now but you dont have to for ever...remember the house is for you and your fam....im sure your wifey will help you out in the long run to get the busa back...:poke: bday...:poke:..xmas next year..:laugh: vendela!

Back