Wife made an offer today

I have a solution that will have her take the offer off of the table and be so pissed at you that she will not talk to you so no arguing.

Tell her you like older models that is why you keep her around. I am sure she will not be buying you anything after that.
I don't like the 08 but that is not worth dying for!!!

WTF is wrong with you?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
? Your wife offers to buy a new bike for you and you are mad about it?
rock.gif
? dude you need help. I am normally not this harsh to people but my wife and I can't believe someone would even entertain the thought of being upset because his wife would not consult him before making an offer on a new bike. Especially the new model of what you already ride.

sorry for the rant and don't take it personally but man you are lucky to have her.

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

WTF is wrong with you?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
? Your wife offers to buy a new bike for you and you are mad about it?
rock.gif
? dude you need help. I am normally not this harsh to people but my wife and I can't believe someone would even entertain the thought of being upset because his wife would not consult him before making an offer on a new bike. Especially the new model of what you already ride.

sorry for the rant and don't take it personally but man you are lucky to have her.
Reread the thread!! I am not mad at her for making the offer. I am mad that she expects me to give up the bike I love for one that I do not like!!!!

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

So what was your reaction when she offered? Sometimes the reaction is what makes the difference. Hopefully you didn't get pissed and say something like "Hell no! What the hell are you thinking, woman!?!" but "That's so sweet of you honey and that's cool that you're wheeling and dealing like that for me but I'm just really partial to the bike I already have. I have put countless hours into it and I just can't part. I'm not really into the 08 honey." As long as you're being honest than no, you're in the right. I'm not too crazy about the 08's either but if I had a chance to get that in ADDITION to mine than HELL YES I'd get it! But if you have to trade yours in, than no. Stick with what you like. That's from a woman's point of view.

I think the main problem is the wife's lack of attention to what the guy has done to his Gen1 Busa and what it took to get it there.  I think her understanding is that since the 08' is new, that automaticly makes it better.   That's a typical response to the non-automotive general public.  I was looking at the 08's too until i thought of that i would have to start over and have to remod a whole bike over again.

laugh.gif
 no seriously. YES you are wrong. You are sooo lucky to have a wife like that. I didnt like the funny butts either. but they do grow on ya.
thumb_up.gif

I bet if you took it for a test drive, youd lighten up
cool.gif
Would you trade yours for an 08
rock.gif
YES!  But only if I didn't already have mine set up the way I want it.  If I bought the '08, I'd have to rebuild the suspension, et al in order to re-craft it.  Just not interested in the time or the money it would take.

--Wag--
thumb_up.gif
exactly. the thought of having to start with a stock bike is depressing
boohoo.gif

thumb_up.gif

So what was your reaction when she offered? Sometimes the reaction is what makes the difference. Hopefully you didn't get pissed and say something like "Hell no! What the hell are you thinking, woman!?!" but "That's so sweet of you honey and that's cool that you're wheeling and dealing like that for me but I'm just really partial to the bike I already have. I have put countless hours into it and I just can't part. I'm not really into the 08 honey." As long as you're being honest than no, you're in the right. I'm not too crazy about the 08's either but if I had a chance to get that in ADDITION to mine than HELL YES I'd get it! But if you have to trade yours in, than no. Stick with what you like. That's from a woman's point of view.
We have talked about a new bike on several different occasions and I have made it very clear that if it were not for the rear end on the 08 I would already have one. She was with me when the local shop got the first one and called us first to come see it. I told her that day I would never own one. I have never been hateful or a smartazz to her about it just simply and plainly expressed my dislike for the new styling. I love my wife very much and do appreciate what she was trying to do but think she went about it the wrong way. That is all!

I think the main problem is the wife's lack of attention to what the guy has done to his Gen1 Busa and what it took to get it there. I think her understanding is that since the 08' is new, that automaticly makes it better. That's a typical response to the non-automotive general public. I was looking at the 08's too until i thought of that i would have to start over and have to remod a whole bike over again.
Not to mention the act of congress it took to procure the funds with which to do said mods!! Yes the wife controls the money in this household. If she didn't we would have nothing.

Back