What year was

2007 here.

It's about to go on the market though. That's not a bad thing. I have hated this house from the beginning. It was my wife's project. It's my turn to build now.
firedevil.gif

My wife is wanting another house (I am too really). Well, she found one she likes. I am not really that concerned with the inside, because she can do what she wants in there and it has a full basement and a detached garage (can you say "Busa Room")...LOL!! But the house was built in 1957. It has been updated and kept up very nicely. My wife has known the owner for many years. I am just curious if any of you guys live in older houses and is there anything I should check (other than the usual stuff) before we try to strike a deal?
I do not know if you have small children or not.... I use to live in a house that was built in the 1950's. My daughter who was 1 at the time got lead posioning from the house. There are a lot of side effects and possible death if not treated properly. We had to move and ever since then her lead levels are normal. It took awhile but eventually all the blood test were no longer needed. She is a happy little girl with a few very minor problems from the lead. BUt that doesn't stop her from being normal.

1948...just make sure you have your own inspector go through it before you sign anything, don't trust anyone hired by the seller, fork out the extra bucks just for your own piece of mind
beerchug.gif

Back