Wife made an offer today

Hey at least she was thinking about you when doing it, I wish that would happen
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif
no seriously. YES you are wrong. You are sooo lucky to have a wife like that. I didnt like the funny butts either. but they do grow on ya.
thumb_up.gif

I bet if you took it for a test drive, youd lighten up
cool.gif

I do realize that my wife is a keeper and also how lucky in some regards that I am to have a wife that enjoys bikes and riding. But I DO NOT appreciate her making deals with my bike thrown in the mix. I have offered on several occasions to get her a bike of her own and she just wants to ride with me. If I were to get a stable mate it would be a Gixxer 750 not another Busa.
Whoaaa! Wait a minute!!

Did she make an offer on the 08 with wheels and pipes and buy outright? Or did she say you would trade in your Gen1
rock.gif
Big difference there....

If the former, kiss her, tell her you love her and have Gen1 and Gen2 in the stable.

If the latter, I see your frustration!
fight.gif

Let us know which one it is....

Well man she is wanting to get you a new bike and you are cryng about it to us here on the board man you hve some serious issues
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
who cares man get yourself a new Gen II and be happy man

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
no seriously. YES you are wrong. You are sooo lucky to have a wife like that. I didnt like the funny butts either. but they do grow on ya.
thumb_up.gif

cool.gif
I have been many times to look at them thinking it would only take some getting use to. I still cannot stand the thought of that ugly azz following me around.
Do you like the tag bracket?? My wife says it makes the rear end and if I cut it off it would ruin the bike!

laugh.gif
thumb_up.gif

cool.gif
I have been many times to look at them thinking it would only take some getting use to. I still cannot stand the thought of that ugly azz following me around.
Do you like the tag bracket??    My wife says it makes the rear end and if I cut it off it would ruin the bike!
no i hate that huge thing. it would probably be gone before the reflectors
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hey hey?!, don't even put ugly and mid-fifty Ford truck parts in the same sentence. I'm a big 50's Ford nut and that comment wasn't right.
guns.gif
The Lambo itself is the ugly part..

while I was outside talking with a gentleman that has just finished restoring a 1972 450/4 Honda.

She told the dealer if he would put black wheels on the blue bike they have and install yoshi cans we would buy it!

The problem with this is I DO NOT like the 08's from the seat backwards. I am perfectly happy with my 06. Seeing as how my wife only rides with me and does not nor will not ride a bike of her own I think she has overstepped a boundary with this. She is expecting me to either sell or trade my 06 and does not see why I am upset. Am I totally in the wrong for being mad???
Dude.

Hell, if you don't want her, send her to me along WITH the Busa.

poke.gif
laugh.gif

Just . . . .

Dude.

--Wag--

P.S. I hope like hell you're just yankin' us or doing April Fool's early!

laugh.gif
thumb_up.gif

cool.gif
Would you trade yours for an 08
rock.gif
YES! But only if I didn't already have mine set up the way I want it. If I bought the '08, I'd have to rebuild the suspension, et al in order to re-craft it. Just not interested in the time or the money it would take.

--Wag--

I know what you mean Wag. You finally have your bike dialed in, modded to your liking and someone else wants you to start over. It aint worth it brother.

A gut reaction of that nature is bad. The better option would have been to explain that you appreciate her enthusiasm and willingness to buy a "SECOND" bike for you but that you would rather get a GSX-R750 since you love the 06 so much.
Call the dealer and cut off the deal.

You had better keep that woman! She really wasn't trying to over step her bounds. She was probably just trying to do something nice for you. Just explain to her that you like your 06, and would really rather keep it, but if she wants, go ahead anf get that 08 and start modding all over again!! Have fun with it man!!

I gotta ask, the black wheels, and Yosh exhaust, were those things her personal tastes, or has she heard you comment about those things needing to be changed? I'm also wondering if she's read the literature on the 08, touting increased passenger comfort on the new rear end. I don't envy the delicate situation your in, but I think it is wonderful that you have a wife that appreciates your hobby.

Karl

I gotta ask, the black wheels, and Yosh exhaust, were those things her personal tastes, or has she heard you comment about those things needing to be changed? I'm also wondering if she's read the literature on the 08, touting increased passenger comfort on the new rear end. I don't envy the delicate situation your in, but I think it is wonderful that you have a wife that appreciates your hobby.

Karl
I have made the comment that I thought the gold wheels would look better on the gray and the black wheels would be better on the blue. They also have a black and orange that they have put yoshi cans on and she saw how much better they looked in comparison to the stock ones. I guess she put all that together and made her request. Bless her heart she is trying!!

I have told her this morning that if they held their word and let us ride one I would hold final judgment till then.

I have a solution that will have her take the offer off of the table and be so pissed at you that she will not talk to you so no arguing.

Tell her you like older models that is why you keep her around. I am sure she will not be buying you anything after that.

Back