Who Rode Today?

Got out for a little spin today and went over 20k which is something I didn't think I would do at the rate I've been riding lately.

Isadora II (23 Nov 23) - 1.jpg

I got in 135 miles today, bright sun, blue skies, temps from 61 to 74 and no wind. Saw maybe a couple dozen bikes out, mostly Harleys. Four of them stopped and only one was wearing any gear, chaps and boots. Everyone else had low cut sports shoes and jeans, not even jackets either. Layered up with sweatshirts. Of course they (were) sitting behind big wind screens. One of the bikes had a 16” front wheel. Looked heavy. Four motorcycles weighing in around 3,200 pounds. Whew….

Got a good ride to my favorite rest stop . My mate rode his Busa , and the other fella his ZX14R . I am overall pretty pleased with the H2 handling today , kept them firmly in the rear vision mirror .

View attachment 1674293
Must have felt kind of weird to be riding with your old bike....

The H2 is an interesting bike, both pretty and ugly at the same time.....

Must have felt kind of weird to be riding with your old bike....

The H2 is an interesting bike, both pretty and ugly at the same time.....
I am pretty happy with the cross over to H2 , stock , it handles well for a hyper bike , and when I finish it , I expect next level performance . It is actually good to see a mate enjoying new ownership of my old bike , yes , I put a lot into that Busa , but life is too short to be fixated on one bike / brand for all your riding days you got left imo . Suzuki is floundering to some degree , basically fallout from that huge US emission scandal it was involved with VW , now fazing out dealerships is another negative imo . The H2 is already more or less matching the old Busa for fun and performance , and when it is tuned like the Busa , it will be crazy fast . When you are next to the H2 , the front of fairing is broad / blunt and resembles a tiger shark , again , to me , I love the looks , so I paid the money .
Recently , at the new drag strip , a ZH2 naked version , was running 8.9 sec 1/4 @ 160mph , with extensions and a tune 240 whp , on unleaded race fuel . I was quite amazed when I heard that and got sent these pics . I do find that bike as pretty ugly....

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

, that is why I chose the KTM naked . Pic of that seriously quick street ZH2 and rider at the drags .

I am pretty happy with the cross over to H2 , stock , it handles well for a hyper bike , and when I finish it , I expect next level performance . It is actually good to see a mate enjoying new ownership of my old bike , yes , I put a lot into that Busa , but life is too short to be fixated on one bike / brand for all your riding days you got left imo . Suzuki is floundering to some degree , basically fallout from that huge US emission scandal it was involved with VW , now fazing out dealerships is another negative imo . The H2 is already more or less matching the old Busa for fun and performance , and when it is tuned like the Busa , it will be crazy fast . When you are next to the H2 , the front of fairing is broad / blunt and resembles a tiger shark , again , to me , I love the looks , so I paid the money .
Recently , at the new drag strip , a ZH2 naked version , was running 8.9 sec 1/4 @ 160mph , with extensions and a tune 240 whp , on unleaded race fuel . I was quite amazed when I heard that and got sent these pics . I do find that bike as pretty ugly....

View attachment 1674322

View attachment 1674323

View attachment 1674324

, that is why I chose the KTM naked . Pic of that seriously quick street ZH2 and rider at the drags .
The one ridden on the Isle of Man was impressive...

The one ridden on the Isle of Man was impressive...

That is the H2R , so a little different weight and power wise than the stock H2 of course , but I will build mine with full street compliance , and extra HP added plus the suspension update and wheels , and maybe she handle and fly as good . We will see , because it is all happening with part collection , I will keep it short wheelbase like H2R and even with stage 2 tune later on , the stock height , until I drag it and refit swingarm and then I lower .... Well that is the current plan .

I rode the same route I did yesterday. Yesterday the Kawasaki trip meter read 134.5 and I took 3.1 gallons of fuel. Today on the Busa, the trip meter read 140.9 and I took 3.6 gallons of fuel. Ha, I wonder which one is the more accurate one? Of course I rode the Busa much faster which could account for the extra half gallon of gas, not to mention the extra 351ccs, but the. 6.4 mile disparity on the odometers is something to think about. That could add or subtract considerably from whatever mileage is shown on the odo. Is the 81,618 miles shown on the Busa high or low or, accurate? A six mile discrepancy every 140 miles could mean 3,500 miles one way or another over 81,618 miles. Hmmmm

I rode the same route I did yesterday. Yesterday the Kawasaki trip meter read 134.5 and I took 3.1 gallons of fuel. Today on the Busa, the trip meter read 140.9 and I took 3.6 gallons of fuel. Ha, I wonder which one is the more accurate one? Of course I rode the Busa much faster which could account for the extra half gallon of gas, not to mention the extra 351ccs, but the. 6.4 mile disparity on the odometers is something to think about. That could add or subtract considerably from whatever mileage is shown on the odo. Is the 81,618 miles shown on the Busa high or low or, accurate? A six mile discrepancy every 140 miles could mean 3,500 miles one way or another over 81,618 miles. Hmmmm
Speed & Relativity (and Busas). "matter tells spacetime how to curve"

Hi. Well no ride yesterday on a bike. Still went with my daughter to fix her friends car. She has a small oil leak and kept putting a guarts Of oil with out checking. I drained 9 or more gas of oil our. Then went for a ride [no not on a bike] in her new XC 40 Volvo. We went to the barn.

20231217_151917.jpg

20231217_144459.jpg

20231217_151906.jpg

Back