Who Rode Today?

I talked to guy in south Lakeland that redoes motorcycle seats, he told me to bring my motorcycle and two seats and he would put me on my bike with one seat and take imprints and leave him that seat for him to work with. If you want to talk with him let me know and I’ll look him up, his shop is on South Florida ave, I think he’s behind Aldi.
Yeah if you could get me some contact info I may reach out to him.
I’ve reached out to Sammy’s (Ocala based guy that does a lot of Busa seats) but he’s difficult to work with and really likes to do the flashy kind of work. I want more functional…
Thanks in advance!

I’ve reached out to Sammy’s (Ocala based guy that does a lot of Busa seats) but he’s difficult to work with and really likes to do the flashy kind of work. I want more functional…
Thanks in advance!
Did you not like the stock seat? Maybe it's because I'm used to my ZX10 but the Busa seat feels like a lazy boy I love it. Doesn't hold like a seat cut for drag racing but for a long ride I thought it was pretty awesome, again I'm coming from long rides on plywood so the bar was really low for me.

Thanks in advance!
Sick Saddles in Lakeland Florida

I’m not familiar with any of his work, I talked to him once on the phone and he was friendly.

Ended up covering over 500km today due to a road closure detour....weather has been good, from 3c this morning (didn't realise a cold air temp warning came up) to 19c in afternoon. The more I ride this bike the more like it

IMG_20240429_095706.jpg

IMG_20240429_103840.jpg

IMG_20240429_103845.jpg

IMG_20240429_103943.jpg

IMG_20240429_104131.jpg

IMG_20240429_104212.jpg

IMG-20240429-WA0001.jpeg

Did you not like the stock seat? Maybe it's because I'm used to my ZX10 but the Busa seat feels like a lazy boy I love it. Doesn't hold like a seat cut for drag racing but for a long ride I thought it was pretty awesome, again I'm coming from long rides on plywood so the bar was really low for me.
Love the stock seat for every ride but when trying to launch hard I slide back and it’s a bit unsettling, I think if I had half the push forward of the Brocks/Corbin I’d be fine.
I may try and re-cover one of the stock seats while adding gel and getting the best of both worlds.

I got in a fast 190 miles today. Took on 4.64 gallons for a 40+mpg average. CA fuel tanks have only five gallons. The low fuel light came on @ 166 miles. Rode another 24 and still had almost a half gallon left. BTW around here I’ve noticed that a number of Chevron gas stations have turned into Gulf stations, one was an off branded Kwik&Save. Gulf gas has ethanol. Others don’t.

Has this been going on elsewhere?

Here in the Midwest the Phillips 66 stations and some of the others mark premium as no ethanol, but most stations say the 87 & 89 regular "May contain 10%". Rurally we still have a lot of older country store type filling stations where each pump is dedicated to a specific octane. I don't know that I trust it as ethanol is especially corrosive to the Tuono's plastic tank, so I carry ethanol treatment. 18k miles so far with no problems.

BTW around here I’ve noticed that a number of Chevron gas stations have turned into Gulf stations, one was an off branded Kwik&Save. Gulf gas has ethanol. Others don’t.

Haven't noticed the change here in NWFL, but all stations sell 87/89/91 with up to 10% ethanol. There are a few stations with 87 and 93 ethanol free, which is what I get every chance I can.

I got in a fast 190 miles today. Took on 4.64 gallons for a 40+mpg average. CA fuel tanks have only five gallons. The low fuel light came on @ 166 miles. Rode another 24 and still had almost a half gallon left. BTW around here I’ve noticed that a number of Chevron gas stations have turned into Gulf stations, one was an off branded Kwik&Save. Gulf gas has ethanol. Others don’t.

I can usually count on 200 miles per tank.

I went for a blast today with a couple of the boys… covered about 220kms, (125miles) it was cold but sunny, good road conditions, had a great time!
There was loads of bikes out today and we saw the Ford Mustang club out on the road too, must’ve been about 50 of them, from old classics to late model ‘Stangs!
Below.. parked at the Little River pub
B82ED53A-2250-47BA-99C6-32B14EFE1AAE.jpeg

B746142B-EC26-4E57-89AB-B016D781CD4F.jpeg

Below.. in Lyttelton town, famous port town of NZ
AF823CB9-9B09-4796-BBD7-AFBCC93F8C17.jpeg

FBB58BBB-3D7A-4322-9979-741D740E3728.jpeg

39A352C9-C28D-4B69-B33F-6262E476CD0E.jpeg

A5FECA9A-8C98-4276-8088-F312B3622D9C.jpeg

Pics are required for confirmation of said event. . . goes without saying.

1A847C9D-EDFA-484C-B5F6-75DC270E592D.jpeg

Hi. Hear in the north east all the stations only have 10% ethanol fuel. I also think it may soon be 20%. What a better way to get rid of old cars and bikes but to use fuel that they can not use. So think about that.
So the Busa doesn't like ethanol? Thankfully New Zealand does not use any ethanol in any of the fuel here.
There is a case against the use of ethanol, quite ironic actually, the treehuggers are shooting themselves in the foot by demanding the increase of ethanol blended fuels . .

Love the Repsol. Always wanted one in my younger days. Your copper baby isn't too bad either :)
Thanks man . . I love my bike . . . I've looked after it well in the 10 years I've had it.
That Repsol is freakin' FAAAAAASSTT!!!

2011 model and he has it geared lower, with a tooth less on the front sprocket, I rode it after I fitted the new chain and sprockets and I was shocked at how quick it is . . and how light it is too.
It power wheelies in 3rd gear at 110 mph.
He has a handle bar kit fitted coz he's a tall guy and it was too cramped for him, but the bars now make it feel like a dirt bike on steroids!
It is marginally faster and quicker than my Busa, which is 165bhp at the wheel (dynoed)
His bike has 179bhp dynoed.
Yep, it's quick and handles.

Back