Which exhaust will make most power?

(Hell_boy @ Nov. 28 2006,19:38) GPW,

I am new here, I owned a 05 Busa, the TSUKIGI PIPE your refering to; is it a full exhaust, 4x2x1 or 4x1 or what for the price you charge, I am seriously thinking of buying
The Spec II Race is actually a 4 into 2 into 2 into 1 large diameter pipe. It was created that way for maxium flow as the pipes passed under the engine area. The other great part about this pipe it allows you to continue to build power with you mods. The quality will allow it to be around for a while. Price is around 1200.00 for this version where the street version is around 769.00. PM me and we can get that number fine tuned for you. It is also a special order item not available anywhere. Let me know.

GPW,

Cool, let me get my mind and body comfortable with being back in the US. I just got back from Iraq, Baghdad. You have made more sense than the majority of the folks I spoken to or read their messages, I'm not new to the riding game; been doing it since 93, this however is my first Busa and I want to do it right the first time. I want to keep it strong for the streets not the track and accessorizing the bike with the right parts instead changing out every other month. Smart people like yourself are out their and I do listen and research alot so if it hadn't been for you putting the TSUKIGI on this board I would have only knew about those popular every day pipes, thanks.

(GPW @ Nov. 28 2006,23
zzwhip.gif
)
(mountainmotor @ Nov. 28 2006,18:01)
M4 is made by Muzzy correct? Another pipe we have tested at lenght with the ZX-14. On the 14 it has produced the lowest power almost equal to slip-ons in some cases.

Show me a dyno sheet of that Tsukigi making more than 172 hp on an otherwise stock Busa engine on top of a Dynojet 250I . An HMF dual low system will and it's not a race pipe .

For that matter , show me a dyno sheet of any Busa engine with the Spec II on it . I want to see why you list them up there with the Titanium Force for the Busa engine's .
The dyno sheet was posted months ago. If you pay attention to the board you would have known, I also built a project bike 2003 Hayabusa for Sageronin which had HMF's on it. It now has a  "Brock" pipe and he also has my 2006 Hayabusa with the Tsukigi Spec II race, same dyno 166 for the Hindle and 172 for the Tsukigi and the quality is not in the same ball park by any means. Could you post a picture of yourself and your bike I think we have quality mixed up, seriously. I list them there because I sell and have both. I have the race Ti-Force on my 2006 ZX-14 right now.....duh
poke.gif

poke.gif
I'll reply to you point by point , post by post .

I pay attention and even replied in that thread in way that was intended to provoke some thought . I tried to help you just as I tried to help the topic maker here along with letting you know that the M4 pipe you had never laid eyes on is not cheap quality nor made by Muzzy . Your reply about the dyno results was spamming with photos without asking any questions to me concerning what I had said . I'm telling you again , the Akro R pipe did NOT " choke up " your stock engine and hold it back to 158hp . Tell that to the 1397 guys pushing 210 hp with that pipe .

I am not trying to bruise your ego , I am " was "trying to help since you have not built any Busa engines .

Now onto the next reply .

poke.gif

(GPW @ Nov. 28 2006,23:42) I will be waiting for the pictures I know you post on several boards so it might take you some time to get back to this one.................
lurk.gif
I am quite a secure person . I don't feel any need to either post more photos than I already have or even make a list of mods my bike has . My ego does not drive me to start topics concerning or listing all my lifes accomplishments past and present with the many engines I've built , races won ect either . I'll not let you pressure me into such ... period .

You took a weird personal jab there anyway with that post. Kinda comical really in how far out there it was .
biggrin.gif

I must be missing something there .

Forgot ! Many places on the net I do go . I have many interests and hobbies . I don't play internet hero on any of those sites and help people when I can .

(GPW @ Nov. 29 2006,10:51) The Spec II Race is actually a 4 into 2 into 2 into 1 large diameter pipe. It was created that way for maxium flow as the pipes passed under the engine area. The other great part about this pipe it allows you to continue to build power with you mods. The quality will allow it to be around for a while. Price is around 1200.00 for this version where the street version is around 769.00. PM me and we can get that number fine tuned for you. It is also a special order item not available anywhere. Let me know.
OH boy . That pipe is 4-2-1 design , not  a " 4 into 2 into 2 into 1" . Where do you get this stuff ?  
biggrin.gif

I know why they have built the pipe in the way they did and the results it gives . Another company made one similar in the past .

Don't take my word on it being 4-2-1 design ... photos speak for themselve's  
biggrin.gif
 This is the little pipe . Same basic  design .

Or here for comparison . The Spec II

I have tried to help you with tidbits along the way . You when first came here did not know Tsukigi made two different pipes . The Sidewinder makes 3 . Could post the link but why .

I just want to see these new guys get more than one source of informative replies when they are new to this forum asking questions . And when they get information I'd assume they would want it correct as possible .

You as a seller/site vendor on this forum probably want that as well . I'd hope so anyway so instead of getting so defensive ,maybe you should set back , read , learn from the guys thats been at it a little longer than you .

Those welds in the Hindle don't make a rats ass difference in power and .... was going to type more about exhaust build but I'm through for the the the the the the the the the moment  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(mountainmotor @ Nov. 29 2006,07:54)
(GPW @ Nov. 29 2006,10:51) The Spec II Race is actually a 4 into 2 into 2 into 1 large diameter pipe. It was created that way for maxium flow as the pipes passed under the engine area. The other great part about this pipe it allows you to continue to build power with you mods. The quality will allow it to be around for a while. Price is around 1200.00 for this version where the street version is around 769.00. PM me and we can get that number fine tuned for you. It is also a special order item not available anywhere. Let me know.
OH boy . That pipe is 4-2-1 design , not  a " 4 into 2 into 2 into 1" . Where do you get this stuff ?  
biggrin.gif

I know why they have built the pipe in the way they did and the results it gives . Another company made one similar in the past .

biggrin.gif

I have tried to help you with tidbits along the way . You when first came here did not know Tsukigi made two different pipes . The Sidewinder makes 3 . Could post the link but why .

I just want to see these new guys get more than one source of informative replies when they are new to this forum asking questions . And when they get information I'd assume they would want it correct as possible .

You as a seller/site vendor on this forum probably want that as well . I'd hope so anyway so instead of getting so defensive ,maybe you should set back , read , learn from the guys thats been at it a little longer than you .

Those welds in the Hindle don't make a rats ass difference in power and .... was going to type more about exhaust build but I'm through for the the the the the the the the the  moment  
biggrin.gif
thank you very much for your comments. I read and appreciated every bit of your input, I hope I am not being a new-sense to any of you. Didn't mean to take this this far but yes I understand what your saying and will retain it, thanks for brodening my prospective. Not knocking anything GPW is trying to do for me, and I'm quite sure he meant to say 4x2x1. Yes I need all the help I can get so I thank you all.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(mountainmotor @ Nov. 28 2006,20:01) BTW , that Tsukigi has same amount of weld protrusion as the Hindle if you ask me . If they don't penetrate , they ain't going to hold up .
If you believe this rather than simply being argumentative- you are in severe need of an eye exam!

By the way, Greg states facts and backs them up. YOU are the one who accused him of "insulting" people simply because he stated facts he has observed, and started inserting emoticons laughing at his statements while saying HE took your remarks personally.

Keep it clean, don't stir the pot.
poke.gif

(mountainmotor @ Nov. 29 2006,07:54)
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Those welds in the Hindle don't make a rats ass difference in power and .... was going to type more about exhaust build but I'm through for the the the the the the the the the  moment  
biggrin.gif
I'll admit you have been at this longer than. Since I am only 38. I also know you mean very little my world you don't know me and I don't know you and that will never change. I have always understood a 4 into 1 being 4 pipes going directly into 1. So I learned something new. Really proud of your accomplishments.

Tsukigi Spec II Race and Ti-Force are my pipes of choice and thats never going to change. I'll be at the Texas Mile in March please bring your bike and you ride it. We will talk at the end of the day. Until then please talk to someone listening.

On the Tsukigi pipes, you might not know it but I lead the country in Tsukigi pipe sales in 2006 all for one bike not bad for a new guy
super.gif

Mr. Williams

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

DynoSheetsProjectBusa2.jpg

Here was the Spec II Race....(5) hours custom map: Short stacks, BMC Race Filter, Royal Purple Max Cycle, Small Air Box Mod, PCIII w/accelerator function enabled, 520 Chain Conversion, BST wheels, Brisk Spark Plugs. That was the set-up and our final best run was 172 and 102 foot pounds of torque. I was pretty convinced.

lurk.gif

Greg & mountainmotor thanks for lowering your gloves and focusing on the facts.

We all have something to learn here and both of your opinions are valued and weighed equally.

oh and I urge others like superbusa, professor, golden child, and street&track to share their love.
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Nov. 29 2006,17:19) Greg & mountainmotor  thanks for lowering your gloves and focusing on the facts.

We all have something to learn here and both of your opinions are valued and weighed equally.
+1
wink.gif

How does such a good thread go so wrong? This thread was offering some great information and multiple points of view. When someone has a difference of openion it does not lesson or take any credibility from your openion.

This site has allways been a source of unity and appreciation for motorcycles especially the BUSA. Please lets curb the eagos, each and every one of us is only a heart beat away form needing help. Trust me I know my enlaws are from New Orleans.

Back