What in the !?!?

So you're cruisin, smilin at the hotties, and the bike goes up in smoke:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh that sucks! Sorry man, had to laugh. I could see that happen to me.:laugh:

I have a few questions. Were you in traffic and below say 20mph? What was the outside temp? Is your idle set to factory specs? And have you done the second fan mod for the Gen 1?

The reason I ask is I was in Panama about a month or 2 after I got my bike in 2007 during Thunder On The Beach Rally. It was night time and about 70 ish outside. In traffic my bike started to overheat, I pulled off before she hit red but it was close. I turned my idle to about 700 - 800 rpm and I never had the problem again. I have since then done the second fan mod and now my idle is set to factory specs and I have never been even close to overheating.
Just a thought before you tear into the seals of your cooling system you may just need to turn a screw. Good luck in you project

Oh and I would like to see the Gucci boots too, but my reason for wanting to see them is I have never seen a pair of shoes worth 500 bucks, I would love to see the gold and dimond laces :poke: "We ain't got no stuff that fancy here in the good ol' TN"

I have a few questions. Were you in traffic and below say 20mph? What was the outside temp? Is your idle set to factory specs? And have you done the second fan mod for the Gen 1?

I was in traffic, not moving really, the strip is a super slow road, no more then 5mph stop n go. Outside temp was around 75+f. Factory idle. No fan mod.

I was in traffic, not moving really, the strip is a super slow road, no more then 5mph stop n go. Outside temp was around 75+f. Factory idle. No fan mod.

Mine gets really hot and angry with me when I drive slow, stop n go like that. I don't do it unless I have too... It's not fun at all anyway.

Add a second fan, and put the fans on a toggle so you can run them as soon as you enter traffic you know you'll be stopped in a lot. Seems to me that when my bike decided to kick the single fan on, it was too late.

I have the fan blade mod, toggle switch, blue ice, and you still need to watch it stop n go traffic. The second fan is looking better. Isn't there also a mod to turn the relay on earlier? Seems a replacement piece is installed or a different degree thermostat. I'm too lazy to search for it right now....going to Publix for red velvet cake stuff!

So you weere TRYING to be cool:poke: (posing), wearing Gucci boots:poke: (more posing), were you perhaps rapping the throttle on a very warm day and moving slow (no air flow) That will raise your temp quik . Also do you have a muzzy fan ? If not , get one !

So you weere TRYING to be cool:poke: (posing), wearing Gucci boots:poke: (more posing), were you perhaps rapping the throttle on a very warm day and moving slow (no air flow) That will raise your temp quik . Also do you have a muzzy fan ? If not , get one !

:rofl: that fits into the scheme...probably didn't wanna go to fast, and mess up his hair.

You probably just need to adjust your idle down a little until you find a gsxr 1000 fan and put it on a switch. The problem is the switch to kick on the fan is in the radiator so your engine will overheat and the fan will not come on until usually its too late. In most cases the temp will only rise to about 3/4 of the way and hold until you start moving but if the traffic is heavy and you wrap the throttle a few times it will overheat. The only problem I had with my idle adjusted at about 700-800 rpm is that if I was hard on the throttle and let completely off sometimes my bike would die always started right up, but it would be embarrassing to have your bike die trying to look cool so try keeping your idle 800 - 900 and it may help you out until you get the second fan.
I would try this before putting in the thermostat just because if your bike has not been tore into why break the seals now. Yeah it may be older but how many miles? If you ride to be cool my guess is under 15,000 so the bike is still young my 07 has 49,000 miles on it and has never leaked water (or anything else for that matter)and I would try everything possible before breaking the seals on it. More than likely if you did change it out everything would be fine and you wouldn't have any leaks but why risk it when all you probably need to do is turn a screw until you get the second fan??? Try turning down the idle if that fixes your problem do the fan mod, I would just hang on to the thermostat and wait till you really need it, and if you end up needing the thermostat still do the fan mod. With the traffic and heat you get down in FL it would be a great upgrade for you. JMO

Oh and just a message to the org. Sorry guys but this site is to help people with their bike and problems they may have. Its great fun to pick at people but lets not forget to actually help the guy out. Kinda makes us look bad when all we do is make fun and just brush off his bike problem and assume its the thermostat before finding out all the info. The guy is obviously serious because he wasted no time ordering what we told him he needed. I never saw anyone ask for more info like we do on all the other busa problem threads. Maybe I am just seeing it wrong but it seems like since this guy dresses nice and likes looking a women in bikinis we pick fun at him. Heck if I lived in FL i would be doing the same thing lol. JMO

You DO NOT want to lower your idle!! These bikes have weak oil pumps, and it's strongly suggested to idle at 1300 or more. Adding a cooling fan is cheaper then putting a new motor in do to low oil pressure bearing failure. :rulez:

You DO NOT want to lower your idle!! These bikes have weak oil pumps, and it's strongly suggested to idle at 1300 or more. Adding a cooling fan is cheaper then putting a new motor in do to low oil pressure bearing failure. :rulez:

Wow didn't know about that but it makes since. I had mine like it for about 2 years before doing the 2nd fan mod. Never had a problem but it does make since the lower rpm would make less oil pressure. Just do the fan mod before breaking the seals, my guess is your fan came on too late to help anything.

Whats with all the name calling? just because he wears some boots that you don't like or (maybe) can't afford he is posing? common man you can do better than that, as a Christian none the less. :please:

I want to order indiglo gauges . I have a 2002 Busa but I want the 220mph speedo . If I put that face plate on how do I correct the speed differance ? I know its petty but I like the looks .
1zhelp.gif

were you "perhaps" posing trying to "look cool" so you can tell people your bike goes faster? :poke:

You probably just need to adjust your idle down a little until you find a gsxr 1000 fan and put it on a switch. The problem is the switch to kick on the fan is in the radiator so your engine will overheat and the fan will not come on until usually its too late. In most cases the temp will only rise to about 3/4 of the way and hold until you start moving but if the traffic is heavy and you wrap the throttle a few times it will overheat. The only problem I had with my idle adjusted at about 700-800 rpm is that if I was hard on the throttle and let completely off sometimes my bike would die always started right up, but it would be embarrassing to have your bike die trying to look cool so try keeping your idle 800 - 900 and it may help you out until you get the second fan.
I would try this before putting in the thermostat just because if your bike has not been tore into why break the seals now. Yeah it may be older but how many miles? If you ride to be cool my guess is under 15,000 so the bike is still young my 07 has 49,000 miles on it and has never leaked water (or anything else for that matter)and I would try everything possible before breaking the seals on it. More than likely if you did change it out everything would be fine and you wouldn't have any leaks but why risk it when all you probably need to do is turn a screw until you get the second fan??? Try turning down the idle if that fixes your problem do the fan mod, I would just hang on to the thermostat and wait till you really need it, and if you end up needing the thermostat still do the fan mod. With the traffic and heat you get down in FL it would be a great upgrade for you. JMO

Oh and just a message to the org. Sorry guys but this site is to help people with their bike and problems they may have. Its great fun to pick at people but lets not forget to actually help the guy out. Kinda makes us look bad when all we do is make fun and just brush off his bike problem and assume its the thermostat before finding out all the info. The guy is obviously serious because he wasted no time ordering what we told him he needed. I never saw anyone ask for more info like we do on all the other busa problem threads. Maybe I am just seeing it wrong but it seems like since this guy dresses nice and likes looking a women in bikinis we pick fun at him. Heck if I lived in FL i would be doing the same thing lol. JMO

to each their own man I agree with Kv on this one

Back