What if Bush

the last president we had with any ba11$ was Reagan. Imagine Reagan post 9-11. He wouldnt have sent thousands of troops, he'd have sent 48 air force men. 48 Air force men would be how many it would take to crew 8 bombers. I think the whole thing would have been over by 9-15 at the latest, and Iraq would have been a big smoking pile of glass.

On Sept.12th, every mothersmucker that now badmouths our Commander in Chief was screaming for blood.  He has had the balls to go after the bad guys and now everyone wants to half step about the war.  I have been there on the ground in Iraq, very few see the good that we have done over there.  Very few see that there is now a generation of woman and girls that can seek out an education and have a career instead of living a life in servitude in some mud hut.  We did that.  How many millions have died in past wars that this country has fought for freedom, for what we beleived in.  How many naysayers grandfathers would roll over in their graves to hear some people talk with ill will about the war.  In the coutries that we have fought in such as Korea, Germany, Japan, etc., there are still bases where we have a presence.  What makes everyone think Iraq will be any different.  Maybe our presence is needed, maybe it will still be needed 20 yrs from now.  So be it.  I can say that because as a Marine I have done my time in the sand, and not as a support troop, I was and always will be an 0331, a machinegunner,  
guns.gif
.  My wife is a sailor in the navy and she just got back from her time over there.  We have two children at home and we have chosen to make the necessary sacrifices to serve our country and put our money where our mouth is, step up to the plate, and stand a watch.  I say that unless you have done the same or are supporting a family member that has done so then shut up, support your troops.

070820_N_0684R_422.jpg

Wow, thanks for that post, cblast. I personally thank you for keeping me safe. Your wife, too. I don't hink many understand the sacrifices that our military personnel make in order to defend freedom. I know I don't, and can't imagine.

This .org member will ALWAYS be appreciative to all military personnel, regardless of service or duty.

I offer up a challenge to other board members: if you ever see military personnel out at dinner or anything, pick up their tab. They've earned it. My wife and I do it - i think it's the least wer can do.

Thank you for the kind words ibified, I did not mean to go off on a rant.  I try very hard not to let my political feelings influence my posts here.  I have met both Bush and Clinton.  I met Clinton at a graduation ceremony for the midshipmen at the US Naval Academy, we were providing security and he treated us Marines like dirt, like we were an imposition, he never once even acknowledged us.  A bunch of us waited around for 45 minutes for the chance to meet him and when he was told we were standing there waiting to meet him, he leaned over, said something to his wife, and they walked off.  Still we supported him as our CIC.  When I met Bush, he stopped what he was doing, thanked me for my service, asked about my family, asked what my wife did in the Navy, and was very "engaged".  I asked him then, because he honestly wanted to know if I had any questions for him, why he did not speak out more about the good we were doing and why he did not answer the political mudslinging that the democrats are doing.  He said "I can not bring myself to sink to their level, to fight a battle in a predominantly liberal press is to have already lost."  I will never forget how cordially he treated me and how he stopped everything he was doing to just talk to a Marine for a few minutes.

Agreed, proud dad.

And what happened with meeting busch and clinton doesn't surprise me at all, cblast.

I know I am proud to serve. Bush does the right thing I believe and it is not popular I am away right now but I know it is the right thing. I believe what we are doing is good. We have made allot of schools and even helped with rebuilding Mosques. They have water and electricity when their own people are not shutting it down. I know someone will say something stupid like blackouts or whatever but those are only because they have the freedom to have more things that require power.
Ask a real Iraqi not the ones that alja-CNN finds that they pay to say how they hate it now. Real ones that can honestly go and vote without coming up missing. Oh and on the new ballets in Iraq there is more than one name.

UhhRah! Big_guy, thank you for what you do! And thanks to Proud Dad and his son Nick and everyone else in the Org family that serves and sacrfices everyday.

Cblast - That was not a rant... it is your earned right to say what you did. You've earned it and others need to hear and read it. To that end, send it to O'Reilly, he'll appreciate it as I do.

I really fear the Dems get hold of the Oval Office... There isn't a good pair among them... yes, including her!

Thanks for your service and dedication... and to your wife as well. We are a better nation because of folks like you.

Mark

USA
Viet Nam 66-67

interesting choice of words to describe what you think Bush has. He doesnt though. But either does any Dem. Same bs shuffled around in different circles. what is needed is someone to be an actual leader of this country and do what is in the best intrest of the people here.
"To serve the best interests of the people, BY the people...".....

OKAY, I'll do it......but the SS HAS to let me ride, and continue doing my own maintenance.....

While I don't agree with alot of the things President Bush has
done on the domestic front like increaseing the size of Government
at a historic rate I do belive he has taken the right stance on
international front like not bowing to the will of the U.N who if
not for the U.S would not be able to sustain itself. Plus for
doing something other scolding and wrist slapping violaters of U.N
policy. He could ride with me anytimeas long as he gets us of all
that foreign oil and gets gas prices down
cool.gif

I would love to see a commen person, not wealthy, not connected, just a good down to earth true blooded American with core family values and love for the earth and protection of civil rights and...

Anyway, IMO part of the problem lies economically as well as politically. We are a corporation in deep finacial trouble. Sure we could build battery operated cars (wait... that's been done) and move more rapidly on ending the war and pushing alternative fuels... but the fact is war is money and right now we need to believe we still need all that oil.
Do your really think the president makes those desisions? If one did we would have another situation like Kennedy. I think the Gov. is similar to the movie the Manchruian (incorrect spelling) canidate without the acual computer chips. Big Business runs the country not a president.

I suported Bush in both elections. It seemed he at least belived 10 % of the bs comming out of his mouth. As far as his policy on terrorism, it sounds good, but seems too be lacking teeth lately. and if I met him I would slap the sh!t out of him. You cant send our young men into harms way and then allow them to be prosecuted and sent to jail afterwards. That angers me right to my core. My little brother, who I raised, is currently serving in the USMC. I am very proud of him, and a huge supporter of the Corps and all of our service members. But I just cant take it when they are put on foriegn soil with an ill conceived policy in place. Cblast, I luv ya bro, thank you for keeping us safe. I respect your opinion. I'm happy to read of your meeting with Bush and how he treated you respectfully. You deserve it. I think all citisens of this country are entitled to an opinion regarding its affairs. I do however think all people holding public office should be required to have ACTIVE millitary experience(3 years or more). So, anyway, I originall intended this topic to be light-hearted and not a heated political debate...my bad fellas.

Do your really think the president makes those desisions? If one did we would have another situation like Kennedy. I think the Gov. is similar to the movie the Manchruian (incorrect spelling) canidate without the acual computer chips. Big Business runs the country not a president.

i agree with whats written above. politicians are supposed to run the country's financial matters. take blair for instance, he was a perfect candidate for running britain, before invading iraq. most people in britain thought it was a bit unfair to invade iraq, to say the least. what we (the general public) needed then, was a vote which we couldn't get. iraq has been totally destroyed, and it just gets worse. unbelievable. and of course iraq did nothing to provoke any attack, which makes me think, what did they (the cia?)use to convince bush. irans nukes? personally i can accept the troops going into afghanistan for the culprits of 9 11. but not forever.
good news. i heard from a reliable source that , one day there will be no more wars. which means that peoples opinions will have changed for the better. that is: a change of heart. wonder how the lakota would have dealt with it before they were invaded.

I think he is the only politician with the cajones to do what is needed.... I think that if a Dem was in the office, they would have done the same thing and the Rep's would be acting like jerks just like the dems are now...

Or you could learn to drop to your knees 5 times a day and pray or be executed..(goal of the radicals)  

Or I suppose you could save all the trouble and move to the middle east...
OR We could do away with all the Religions, start thinking for ourselves and most of the worlds problems would clear right up!  

If Bush Rode a Busa?  I'm willing to bet he'd ride slow, be overly careful and end up plowing into a car, he doesn't strike me as having anywhere near the eye hand required for riding a motorcycle.
Of course you know he can fly a jet fighter right? But cant ride a bike? Dude, I cant walk in a straight line half the time but I can still get Little Nikki twisted open without a problem.

yeah, .....but you can see all that on the 6 o'clock news. What is the real reason for the yanks being in iraq. i say it has to be strategic. a country with a half assed dictator (now dead) and a little bit of coastline? is that it?

Back