What do you feel 3 months of marriage is worth

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Just as a warning this is gona be a long rant which sorry i never do these and my punction will definatly suck

Well apparently my wife or well soon to be ex wife feels i should pay her 36,000 dollars for us being married only 3 months i'm sorry but i feel thats way outta line only problem i have is i have a very substanteal amount of assest and me being a love sick dummy never had her sign a pre nup which i'm truel kicking myself for now. And my laweyer tells me i could end up paying that much or more by the time court cost are done. I just can't under stand this at all i mean i know i'm not perfect and she is not either but man since we can work it out it has to be this. i'll say we may have rushed it and should probly had pre marital counciling but to late for any counciling now she's said to many hurtful things to me to ever consider a reconsiliation granted this was my decsion to go forth with this cause i could no longer stand the petty arguments and critism from her about me and my father and uncle. But what really gets me now is she is in this i either have to hate her or love her and well i don't hate her granted it's getting that way with the way things are going i just don't love her full heartedly like i used to she says my lawyer is rude to her yet when my lawyer calls her she no sooner says hi to her then my wife spouts off settlement numbers. but then says well i love him alot still and really think we shouldn;t go through this. but yet when she would talk to me on the phone accuse me of cheating on her and talk down to me. And then yet calls my Priest and ask him to come talk to me after she talks to my laywer about a settlment today and feels i'm putting her out on the street with no place to live and no food. Granted she is now with her folks and her dads a MD and makes more money then even me so i really doubt thats the case she even told that to my preist :: shakes head:: i don't see what she is doing here. i mean she makes me out to be the bigged A****** on the planet. but then is somewhat shocked that i spent 200 dollars in plastic toats from walmart and bubble wrap to pack her stuff in which me and a friend did :: shakes head:: i know this is probly that last thing you guys wana read and i know you all don't know the full story but this is what just happened recently over the past 2 weeks. So i'm sellling off a bunch of my toys so i can hopefully pay for a settlement that we come up with so my busa is in the forsale section it really hurts to have to get rid of that as well the one passion she knows i loved almost as much as her and to make her happy i'm gona have to sell them all off uggg

Sorry about all this rant or torture say what ever im at a point right now that a full bottle of vodka sounds good and i'm not a drinking type Any other advice that mabey i haven't heard already would be nice though granted i think i' got played and screwed and theres no way outta it

..all I can say is that with sh** like this I 'm gonna stay single for the rest of my life..
sad.gif

Plenty of other cases like yours bro, and even more freaky than that.. ..with children to boot.. ..

Give her what she wants.. You are buying your freedom out of this unfortunate relationship - and this is NEVER too expensive..

MBSD -

I have been divorced. I have had lots of friends divorce, and furthermore I think I know a lot about people.

She wants 36000 dollars? tell her to kiss your ass. All she apparently cares about is money.

It would seem to me that "MAYBE" she might have married you for just money.

But who knows, I don't know either of you and I am only hearing your side.

But regardless, you shouldn't owe her poop. figure out how much a hooker in town would cost, multiply that by the amount of times you had sex with her since you two got married, pay her that and call it good if you really feel you owe her something.

If you two had been married for a few years, then maybe a it would be little different..

And wait a minute, what kind of idiot lawyer do you have? check the laws but I think anything under six months and you can get the marriage annulled

And that is just like it never happened, kind if a "yeah we got drunk, got married and got sober 3 months later and realized what we did" kind of thing.

And while I am not a lawyer, I think if you get it annulled (which you should be able to) she would not be entitled to crap.

If you had kids together that would be one thing, but no kids, 3 months married, tell her to get off her ass and make her own living and stop being a high priced prostitute.

If I had money as you say you do, and 36K is no big deal, just for the pride factor of not letting someone screw me, I would spend 3 times the 36K asking price to stop her form getting any money.

And your case just not seem to be clear cut in her benefit, to the contrary, if you could get a "decent" lawyer, I think you stand a good chance of winning.

And go all out bro, not only taker her to court, "SUE HER" for court fees and expenses.

I say when someone tries to fugg you, bend em over and fugg em back..

Of course it aint my money nor my life either, but I am pretty sure that is the way I would handle it.

Just my two.

And oh yeah, no worries, your post isn’t long
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094303738 -->

Yeah well unfortunatly you guys don't know the whole story if i did tell ya the whole story trust me it woulda been the longest post on this board in history Grathed Thrasher i'm a farmer i have assest but not big cash assest most about 90% of the money i make has to go back into the farm and i'm already fairly loaned out at the bank or else i'd do a big fight let me tell ya I asked about an anulment and well that won't work unfortunatly there are certain circumstances that apply like i said she was a crafty one says she loves me one minute and don't want this but then wants all she can get from me I shoulda seen red flag the day we got into the argument and i told her to leave we had to draw up a stupid agreement saying i would pay X amount of dollars a month and do this and that i won't get into all the details but i signed just so i didn't have to see her and no i regret that she pushed my buttons and got that stupid paper with my signature on it saying i would do these things heck she made a stiputlation in there saying i had to consider reconciliation over a 6 month period after a few days of thinking about it i was considering it but then when i talked to her she accused me of cheating and lying to her this whole time makes me feel like poop once again not to mention takes all the money out of one of our joint bank accounts which was only 1000 dollars but still and she expects me to wana go back after that which makes me feel now it was a ploy all from the start and it just sucks
mad.gif
So needless to say i can probly raise some of the cash she wanted i have already sold me GSXR1000 and my Honda Valkirye and i'm selling the 2001 ford f-150 that i was letting her drive which she don't want but she wants half of it's high retail value of 15,000 dollars she says even thought the pickup has a small dent in the door from a deer hit and a crack in the windsheild
wink.gif
i don't see how she thinks it's worth that much then i'd just soon drive it on her place and say here is 15,000 then take it And i'm gona sell my busa which i really hate to do after all the moneyi have put into her she's in the forsale section if you wana take a look anyone there are a couple diffrent options and even some more i'd be willing to work out basically it's comeing down to selling every possesion i do own except for the farm stuff and one pickup that i make payments on
sad.gif
Ya think ya know someone and then wham they do this to ya i just don't know anymore i figure after this i'm better off living the hermit life of a farmer again and buy a busa another day
mad.gif

mad.gif

Not sure about where you live, but in Ks marriages that last less than a year "Generally" don't get large settlements.... The marital assets are generally divided equally by who brought what to the marriage. (I.E. she can't have half of your farm thats been in the family for years! But, she is entitled to the things she provided and probably a small percentage of the farms earnings over the course of the last three months...) P.S. I'm not a lawyer, so for real legal advice you should consult an attorney in your neck of the woods. However, growing up in a family of attorneys has given me some insight as to what generally happens. Really though in court your living in the judges world! So, nothing is gauranteed.

Damn MBiSD, that's some real fugged up shiit.
mad.gif
My heart truly goes out to you, but I have to agree with Thrasher and Ks... you shouldn't have to come out-of-pocket with too much for such a short-lived marriage. And correct me if I'm wrong... isn't your lawyer a female?
rock.gif
I quess what I'm getting at is is your lawyer a 'liberal?' Reason being is that a liberal woman is just that..."liberated." She could care less what you have because she's the independent type. If she's not, then she could very well sympathize with your wife. Remember that women will, for the most part, stick together. I'm not trying to imply anything, so please LADIES of the .org, please don't flame me for this. I'm just speaking off of real-life experiences. Either way, your out-of-pocket expense to her should be relatively small. Problem is whether the judge will feel that way...
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
Good luck man, and I truly hope everything works out for you.

Brian

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Sorry to hear, that is painfull. Maybe your state is different but in WA you both keep what you came into the marriage with and what you where given as gifts, pre-nup or not. You obviously have to equitably split what was made while you were together but that is where it ends for the assett issue.
sad.gif

well luck bro. I'm with thrash on this one-- hire yourself a decent lawyer and make it clear you don't want to give her sqaut. The worst case scenario is that you spend 30k for your independence and sanity back. Learn from the mistake and move on regardless of what happens. Remember tho, hire the right lawyer (one who is going to fight for what u want!).

BS My Bro here is going though a nightmarish divorce. GET a good Attorney, check into the divorce laws and Throw her out of the house NOW, ASAP, GET HER OUT!!! DO NOT LET HER BACK IN IF SHE IS OUT. Pre proactive and and HARDCORE NOW! Tell your attorney you want her done.
If you don't you could get into a real drawn out hassle.

BUT, If you have the assets and $36k doesn't hurt that bad? Make a $17k offer to settle or just pay what she asks and move on. But I would be tempted to burn her down.

Biggest thing I think is to stay active and agressive, preemptively protect your money, house, and other assets.

Divorce is a nasty, painful thing. Won't get into my long story, but I feel for you bro'. Do what you can to end this quickly or it will sit and haunt for a long time. She does sound crafty, but did you have that "stupid agreement" notarized? If not, I would stop paying her whatever you are paying because it probably won't stand up in court. Good luck to 'ya!

Dude i think thrasher was right you have to be married for a certain amount of time before she can get anything. But if yoiu signed that freakin paper it might be the end for you. Hell fight it til the end. Cnat stand chicks who try to take all your sh*t. I mean if she had all the cash and you got a divorce would you try to mooch off her hell no you'll get off your hind parts and get a job. Some of the laws are bs. Like did u know the Sean puffy combs pays 47,000 a month in child support. How much of that is actually going to the kid? There's got to be a better way to handle crap like this. Wish i was a lawyer cause i'd provide legal advice for free man.

The hair is standing up on the back of my neck!

1. Don't start drinking.
2. Keep the 'Busa. You'll be glad you did later.
3. This is going to take a while so it will require a lot of patience on your part.
4. Hard as it may be this is like a business deal. You have GOT to look out for your own interests first. You MUST protect YOURSELF. If she wants half (or whatever) of what you own, then she should also get half of what you OWE!
5. If you have to pay money because of what you signed, then you should be able to make monthly payments, you don't have 36k laying around and your bank statements can prove it. You still have to make a living, so you shouldn't have to sell anything that has to do with the farm. Is the farm soley is your name? Or is it in your family's name? The farm should be separate and not part of the deal at all. When it comes time to count living expenses, count everything! Food, Rent, repairs on vehicles, entertainment, utilties, everything!
6. Is she working? Did she work before? Can she work?

Divorce can be hard, and cold blooded, you must be able to react in the same way, not getting excited and yelling, stay calm always, remember it's like a business deal, you want this?...I'll give you this...YOU give me this... You do NOT want to come out of this broke or scraping every penny just to eat.
Working will keep your mind off it.
Keep the 'Busa. You'll be glad later.

Back