What do you do with a hayabusa in January?

what do you do with a Busa in January?.........................................

Go riding? What is that?

IMG_0002 (6).jpg

IMG_0011 (3).jpg

IMG_0019 (4).jpg

IMG_0023 (4).jpg

IMG_0024 (4).jpg

Got up to ~61 here before it started to rain for 2 days straight
Took her out, rode around for a little while, then washed her down real good, degreased and lubed the chain.
She hadn't had a bath since before it got too cold. Still had bug splatter all over her nose, and a thin layer of garage dust.

Thinking I might need to change the oil too

Rained here all weekend, but I commute to work daily on the bike. Here near Memphis, TN the temps get a little chilly but not too terribly bad. Average temp in morning ranges from 0 - 35 in the winter.

I left for Florida on Tuesday (01-08-13) it was 27 degrees when I left Va. I really didnt warm up until I got to Savannah. But Florida was real nice. So I say if its not snowing get on it and ride. Lol.

Decided to take her out for a ride last night, was a balmy 55 degrees here in Kansas City so I figured it was a good day for a ride...

Good for You!

Sadly it's been freezing here and has rarely got above it for the last several weeks. I did start it and run some fresh fuel through it and charge the battery. Days are getting longer though so in a month or so, or if we get an unseasonably warm day, I will take it for a ride.

-30[SUP]o[/SUP]C, 15cm of snow to fall tonight = no riding for a few more months. lol. So I lowered mine, installed a puig windscreen, power commander V, adjustable kickstand and convinced the wife to let me order my RCC turbo kit instead of waiting until spring!!!!!

Well, last Saturday when I woke up it was 25. It was up to about 28 when I rolled the bike out of the garage. By the time I got to the meet point it was just above 30 and had climbed to around 35 when the stands went up. I have to say it took a little while to get the tires to "thaw" and get the fork oil viscous. :) Skies were clear and the sun was shining so we had a good ride. I think it got up to into the 50s by mid day.

Sunday was a much better day with temps reaching the mid 60s but I was getting some work done on the outside of the house. Supposed to be 16 here tonight so I will pass this weekend. I think we are getting a little snow (flurries) tomorrow evening. Good news is, it may be back up in the 60s middle of next week.

NOTHING..... I was home on vacation over the holidays and a week into January. Poor Fionna was covered & parked, just behind the bbq grill and the snow blower. I didn't even pull the cover up and sneak a look :( but had plenty of time running the snow blower & shoveling.

Late April is right around the corner though and my next vacation!

Had a balmy 50 degree day here a few days ago. Took it out and put about 35 miles on. It felt GOOD----a little coool though.

What do you do to a Busa in January?
You put bigger turbos on it, and it doesn't have a turbo, you put one on it. Duh! :lol:

Back