Goodbye Fender etc.

A friend of mine helped me out and we installed the hotbodies undertail kit today. I'm quite pleased with how it looks.

I wasn't pleased riding it to his shop in 12 degrees this morning...
By the time we finished up, it was a balmy 35, so no worries

Sorry for the lousy pic quality from the cell phone.

IMG01695-20100109-1510.jpg

:welcome: You will have to come out and play some time we have a couple of members here that live in the Austin area :thumbsup:

looks great. Was it easy to install? did you haft to do any cutting or anything? I am thinking about getting one myself.

+1! Also did you lose any storage?

It was pretty easy and straight forward. It came with very clear directions also.
You remove the rear plastic and the seat which is beyond easy. From there, you simply trace a line that you'll cut and then put the wires together as instructed. From there, you simply put the rivets back in place and you mount the plate by putting it where you want it, and then drilling 2 holes and mounting your old bracket.

In answer to the other question, No, I didn't lose hardly any storage.

Dilly dallying, socializing, etc, it took roughly 2 - 2 1/2 hours. No biggie

It was pretty easy and straight forward. It came with very clear directions also.
You remove the rear plastic and the seat which is beyond easy. From there, you simply trace a line that you'll cut and then put the wires together as instructed. From there, you simply put the rivets back in place and you mount the plate by putting it where you want it, and then drilling 2 holes and mounting your old bracket.

In answer to the other question, No, I didn't lose hardly any storage.

Dilly dallying, socializing, etc, it took roughly 2 - 2 1/2 hours. No biggie

It looks sooo much better w/out. Good work :thumbsup:

Nice bike... The undertail looks great, just please be extremely careful during the daytime, YOU CAN'T see those rear LED lights for anything during the daytime...you get a white glare off those lenses. PLEASE be careful man...

Back