What a fun filled weekend!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Troy and I spent the past few days making a trip to Miller Motorsport Park in Salt Lake City, Utah. We left Thursday night pulling a trailer with four bikes and all the support gear. We made the 905 mile trip in 17 hours. The trip down was eventless but very tiring.

It was my first time at Miller. When we pulled into that place, I was in shock. That place is huge and reminded me of Disney World. It's so big, they can have road racing bikes, road racing auto's, go cart races, dirt bike races, soccer games and base ball games all going at the same time! Unbelieveable!

We made the trip to participate in Adrenaline Freaks track days (Saturday & Sunday). Mario and Melissa are both great hosts and worked very hard to make sure everyone had a great time.

We had the entire track on Saturday which consists of 4.5 miles and 23 turns with a long front straight. I had a hell of a time trying to memorize all the turns. By days end I was getting pretty comfortable with the track but 23 turns is a bunch to get down in one day.

Day two we had just half the track which is what most track days consist of. I had a pretty easy time getting comfy on fewer turns. The track is a smooth as glass without a ripple or bump anywhere. The amount of grip is unbelievable. I got lower than I've ever been before without crashing. Shitz starts to drag that you don't even know you have  What a blast!

Only two crashes all weekend. One race bike ran off the track and one poor soul totalled a fancy GSXR600. And for you michelin fans, yes, he was on pilot powers  
shutup.gif

Adrenaline Freaks has another two days of track fun at Miller in August. I hope to attend that event as well? Any of you who have never been to Miller, if at all possible, make that trip. It will be a memorable event you'll never forget. I am in love with that place. It makes our local "Pacific Raceway" track look like a cow pasture. Literally! Mario took us up into the control room which appears to be a takeoff of the control tower at SeaTac. Cameras view the entire track just like you see on Moto GP. I have not a clue how much money has been invested into that place but I'm sure it's enough to buy a new duc?
dunno.gif

I just want to thank Mario & Melissa for inviting Troy and me down for such a great weekend of fun. But then, like all things we enjoy, it comes to an end and we had to face that long ass ride back to Olympia. We left Sunday evening around 6:00 PM and arrived in Olympia at noon on Monday.

I'm not mentioning any names but one dumbshit left his bike key at home and had to borrow a bike to ride!  
whistling.gif

___

super.gif
AM -->
Tufbusa @ May 13 2008 said:
1413870[/ATTACH] AM]
one poor soul totalled a fancy GSXR600. And for you michelin fans, yes, he was on pilot powers
shutup.gif
HA! Chalk up another!!
biggrin.gif
of course, it is always rider error.... but.....

Sounds like a great time. I love the layout of Miller. The full track would be heaven!!! New asphalt etc. dija get any pics of anything? which bike did you use?

super.gif

Thats awesome, glad you guys had fun, but you know the
rulez8bn.gif

Where are the pics
rock.gif
??

Miller is the best track in North America hands down!!
cool.gif

The FULL track is just awesome!

Come ride with us Aug30,31 and Sep1.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=67;t=84936
I'd love to come hang out with you guys but if we make it down, it will be on Aug 4th & 5th. We have to support out local track day providers "Adrenaline Freaks"! There is an airport just a couple miles away. I could fly in and hang out for a day maybe?
I am HOPING to fly in for the weekend.....

Miller is the best track in North America hands down!!  
cool.gif

The FULL track is just awesome!

Come ride with us Aug30,31 and Sep1.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=67;t=84936
I'd love to come hang out with you guys but if we make it down, it will be on Aug 4th & 5th. We have to support out local track day providers "Adrenaline Freaks"! There is an airport just a couple miles away. I could fly in and hang out for a day maybe?
I am HOPING to fly in for the weekend.....
We're hoping you do too.  Looking forward to those new tires coming in the mail
whistling.gif

Miller motorsports complex rocks! Insane speeds seem so controllable and it is confidence inspiring.
The pros really run 2:40's there? How is that possible?

WTF TUF! You just now found out about this place??!! J/K!

But seriously, I'm stoked that you got to ride that track. Best track ever hands down! I can literally see every corner as I'm writing this. My fave turns in order: 1.) The Attitudes-1st, 2nd and Bad Attitude, 2. The triple apex: devil, diablo, diabolical (or something like that),3.) Scream, and 4.) Turn 1

Charlesbusa and I thru windup:
charlesryan.jpg

Turn 6 "Knockout"

258o0560.jpg
258o0562.jpg
258o0560.jpg

258o0560.jpg

Anybody here going to the WSBK /AMA SBK double at Miller?
I wish  
sad.gif

Spies and Mlandin were running 2:40s on the FULL track.  Last year gtrpimp76 and I were running 3:30s  
wowold.gif
  Don't think we'd make the cut in qualifying  
laugh.gif
I think our goal bet you, me and Lamb should be somewhere in the 3:15's this time out.

If Mladin and Spies qualify @ 2:40's. Cutoff times are usually 108% of poletime. If that's the case, I think we would have to run a 2:52:8 just to make the big show.
sadnews.gif
wowold.gif

wowold.gif

Anybody here going to the WSBK /AMA SBK double at Miller?
I wish  
sad.gif

Spies and Mlandin were running 2:40s on the FULL track.  Last year gtrpimp76 and I were running 3:30s  
wowold.gif
  Don't think we'd make the cut in qualifying  
laugh.gif
I think our goal bet you, me and Lamb should be somewhere in the 3:15's this time out.

If Mladin and Spies qualify @ 2:40's. Cutoff times are usually 108% of poletime. If that's the case, I think we would have to run a 2:52:8 just to make the big show.  
sadnews.gif

wowold.gif
I wonder what the club racers lap there?

wowold.gif

To cut off 50 seconds, one would have to go through each corner 15 mph quicker, approx.!! Holy hand grenades, that is unbelievable.

The best corners there in Lamb's order:
1) workout-scream combo---fast left hander followed by a faster left hander
2) demon devil diablo triple apex---neat corner

Back