Weird problem need help

rightgreasy

Registered
Got a 08 rolling chassis so I just put a motor in bike everything is stock except exhaust and flashed ecu
Bike starts and runs fine but once in gear and you start to release clutch it sounds like the bike is missing, so I jumped the clutch switch and it's normal again but after riding it I get fi code c40 which means the clutch switch is bypassed
I've tried different ecu, different kickstand switch, and 2 different clutch switches, and I also ran new wires for the clutch switch still no go please help I have no clue

For clarity the bike runs just fine bypassing the clutch switch in all of those cases?

I think others here have said that the bike is in an idle map with the clutch pulled in or switch bypassed. So at first I wonder if the problem is the fuel map, the only difference between the switch being used or not. Was it tuned or was a stock map for the exhaust loaded? But then you swapped ECUs with no change so then I would ask what map is in the swap?

For clarity the bike runs just fine bypassing the clutch switch in all of those cases?

I think others here have said that the bike is in an idle map with the clutch pulled in or switch bypassed. So at first I wonder if the problem is the fuel map, the only difference between the switch being used or not. Was it tuned or was a stock map for the exhaust loaded? But then you swapped ECUs with no change so then I would ask what map is in the swap?
All ecu's have been flashed but still have stock mapping in all but there is a pcv installed with a basic map from power commander for now until we get to the dyno

So the fuel map is in the PC. Load a zero map to the PC. Any change?

A stock map would not have any radical fuel changes so I actually do not expect that to work (unless someone has edited the map.) If that fails then I suggest disconnecting the PC and testing again. The unit may be bad.

Last edited:
So the fuel map is in the PC. Load a zero map to the PC. Any change?

A stock map would not have any radical fuel changes so I actually do not expect that to work (unless someone has edited the map.) If that fails then I suggest disconnecting the PC and testing again. The unit may be bad.
Ok will do thx

Back