Bike will not start!

joker73

Registered
Leaving work yesterday my bike started up just fine. I was going down the road and it was like someone just hit the kill switch. Pulled in the clutch and put her in 2nd, let the clutch out and still would not start. The battery is good. When I turn on the ignition switch I can hear the fuel pump. But when I try to start it the engine turns over and the "FI" light flashes. What should I check? I am going to go through the fuses next.

And welcome to the board, just be patient and I'm sure someone will have the answers you need.
beerchug.gif

You need to download the manuals, I believe that flashing FI light is giving you a code. I can't help, but someone will.

Take a paper clip to use as a jumper wire.

Remove the rider seat.  Look for a 4 holed plug with only 2 wires attached to it.  It is somewhere behind the battery but before the tool kit on the clutch side.  It can be buried down.

Then, with the ignition on, use the paper clip to jump the 2 wires attached to the plug by inserting the paper clip ends in the appropriate plug holes.  Then look at your clock to see the displayed code.

The codes are for all the ignition coils. Reading the service manual the possisble causes are:

The coils (seems very unlikley they all would go out at once)

The crankshaft sensor. (this seems most likely the cause)

The ECU  (lets just hope not)

or the wiring

There are test you can do to check these things but they get very extensive. If you have a good technical background you maybe able to do it. If not you may just want to take it to a dealer.  If still need help I PM'd you my number. Good luck.     Chris
beerchug.gif

I can post up the service manual instructions for you tonight(I'm at work) unless someone else beats me to it
wink.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Aug. 13 2007,09:27) I can post up the service manual instructions for you tonight(I'm at work) unless someone else beats me to it  
wink.gif
Your guiding birds AND on the org? Man I'm glad I dont have to fly anywhere today
laugh.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 13 2007,09:flamethrowing:)
(Charlesbusa @ Aug. 13 2007,09:27) I can post up the service manual instructions for you tonight(I'm at work) unless someone else beats me to it  
wink.gif
Your guiding birds AND on the org? Man I'm glad I dont have to fly anywhere today  
laugh.gif
Dude, Air Traffic Controllers are masters of multitasking
muscle.gif

I was on a break
laugh.gif

And now I'm on my lunch break
wink.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Aug. 13 2007,11:23)
(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 13 2007,09
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
wink.gif
laugh.gif
muscle.gif

I was on a break  
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Pushing tin

laugh.gif

wink.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 13 2007,11:24)
(Charlesbusa @ Aug. 13 2007,11:23)
(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 13 2007,09
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
wink.gif
laugh.gif
muscle.gif

I was on a break  
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Pushing tin
I've always wondered what a 747's wake turbulence would feel like....
firedevil.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Back