06 Problems

Slowboy

Registered
Know I Just posted about this but I need help before I take it to the Stealership

I have a 06 busa and its not starting.. Been working on it for the last 3 days and just can't figure it out!! Was ridding Tuesday and bike was running good.. Stop for 3 min and come back out bike was dead... All i hear is the fuel pump kick on...

I have found out that the kickstand switch is acting up. every time i put the bike in neutral with the kickstand down i have to play with the switch to get the green light to come on.But when u hit the start button it goes and so does the oil light and you have to play with it again to get both light to light up!!

This is what i have tried... I done tried to bypass the kickstand switch but neutral and the oil light doesn't come on.. tried starting it in another gear no luck,checked the clutch lever switch by hand no problems there!!!!

What could it be??
Thanks Fam...

Hate I missed the last night at the track cause of this :banghead:

Is there any reason why the check oil light and neutral light wouldn't come on?

Any thoughts or help?

Well guys I'm back to the same problem! I got my second new battery and I tried to start the bike after putting it in.. And nothing just a click.

I checked all the fuses and everything was ok, took the starter clutch apart to look to see if it was bad.. everything was fine! even took the starter out and it spun just fine. Even with the old battery it would try to turn over but didnt have enough juice to turn over!!

But now I got the new battery it does nothing

Does the starter motor run if connected direct to the battery?

Have you checked the following:
starter relay
clutch switch
ignition switch
engine stop switch
gear position switch
turn signal/side-stand relay
starter button

If the starter motor runs and all the switches and relays check okay and all the connections are good then you probably have a break somewhere in the wiring harness.

If the starter motor runs and all the switches and relays check okay and all the connections are good then you probably have a break somewhere in the wiring harness.

+1 :goodidea:thats what i was thinking. cheek around the neck, where it might rub and twist.

Dont forget the Ground connections, one bad connection on the -VE would cause all that

Try a multimeter or test lamp between the Battery -ve and an engine bolt to see if there is any voltage when you try to turn it over, every volt there is volts lost to the starter

Good luck from the UK

Found the problem... it was the starter

IMG00021-20110126-1254.jpg

All chewed up.jpg

ooo, that doesn't look good. hope a new starter will fix the problem, and this starter didn't do any damage other than to itself. hope u get ridin again soon man

Back