Was busy yesterday... new mods

Damn Doyle, you were busy! LOL I didnt know you were going to do it all so fast. I was going to come over and help you Sunday!

Another dude lowering an otherwise perfect Busa. This bike will carve canyons with the best of 'em. Until you lower, that is....

Got news for ya bro, Doyle can carve with a lowered busa. Trust me, I'm in the same opinion you are, I'm raising the rear of mine.

Wanna take a ride out this way and wire me up a plug-in like that. I want the parking light mod also.
beerchug.gif

(EtrnlSoldier @ Jan. 07 2007,00:41) Another dude lowering an otherwise perfect Busa.  This bike will carve canyons with the best of 'em.  Until you lower, that is....
let me guess, you are the best there is?
newbie.gif

(300Busa @ Jan. 07 2007,01:01) Wanna take a ride out this way and wire me up a plug-in like that.  I want the parking light mod also.  
beerchug.gif
Come on over this direction, well hook you up!

(GSXTacy @ Jan. 07 2007,01:26)
(300Busa @ Jan. 07 2007,01:01) Wanna take a ride out this way and wire me up a plug-in like that.  I want the parking light mod also.  
beerchug.gif
Will do! After the weather breaks. I am in the process of buying a house right now and packing up and moving all of my crap. I will need a nice ride once I am done.

(EtrnlSoldier @ Jan. 07 2007,00:41) Another dude lowering an otherwise perfect Busa. This bike will carve canyons with the best of 'em. Until you lower, that is....
1st off I'm not no Rossi or Hayden but yes, I can and will take my 1 inch lowered Busa and hang pretty well with the best of them or close enough for my taste of riding..
wink.gif

(300Busa @ Jan. 07 2007,01:flamethrowing:)
(GSXTacy @ Jan. 07 2007,01:26)
(300Busa @ Jan. 07 2007,01:01) Wanna take a ride out this way and wire me up a plug-in like that. I want the parking light mod also.
beerchug.gif
Will do! After the weather breaks. I am in the process of buying a house right now and packing up and moving all of my crap. I will need a nice ride once I am done.
Where the heck is Bourbonnais, Il never heard of that one...

But yes no problem on hooking you up..
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(BigGeorge @ Jan. 06 2007,23:53)
(RCKTMAN @ Jan. 06 2007,19:58) ok forgive my ignorance im just wadding off into the streetbike scene>>> why the brake lines. also where did you wire the power point to
Stock bikes have rubber brake lines that run from the master cylinder to the left and right lower calipers. The brake lever is applied and rubber lines stretch slightly. Steel braided brake lines eliminate this "expansion" and give an immediate, stronger and much more precise contact with the rotors. This provides better feedback, an a increase in braking power and is less resistant to brake fade.
What he said..

And thanks to all for the good comments..
super.gif

(CAT3 @ Jan. 06 2007,21:00) Nice looking setup. I should wire mine for aux. pwr. since I have no plastics on it now. Trying to decide to run a fuse box in the trunk, or simply wire it for a radar/cell phone supply and not worry about the additional fuse box...
The aux. hookup is wired to the great big red wire coming from the ignition switch hot all the time and its fused.. (don't ask how I know).

The Radar detector is wired into the headlamp, hot only when the key is on and also fused.

As far as the running lites find a extra set of stock tail lite sockets (thanks ninja killer) and wire them into the wires that are already there by the headlamp then just put them in like factory.. any questions feel free to ask..
wink.gif

clean looking mods
beerchug.gif
i like what you are doing with her

Looking very nice, Pops. Love that color combo. Maybe I can ride up and hook up with all you Illinois guys sometime. My Busa's dying to stretch his legs
smile.gif

(Red05 @ Jan. 07 2007,09:52) Looking very nice, Pops. Love that color combo. Maybe I can ride up and hook up with all you Illinois guys sometime. My Busa's dying to stretch his legs
smile.gif
A bunch of us usually meet in Des Moines a couple of times a year. But Doyle and I aint skeerd of a few miles to meet up with someone!
egitarre77.gif

(Red05 @ Jan. 07 2007,09:52) Looking very nice, Pops. Love that color combo. Maybe I can ride up and hook up with all you Illinois guys sometime. My Busa's dying to stretch his legs
smile.gif
Thanks Colen, Me and GSXTacy are going to try to hook up with you for the Eureka meet and greet.
wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

(CAT3 @ Jan. 06 2007,21:00) Nice looking setup.  I should wire mine for aux. pwr. since I have no plastics on it now.  Trying to decide to run a fuse box in the trunk, or simply wire it for a radar/cell phone supply and not worry about the additional fuse box...
Charlie -
If you don't want to go all extravagant, you can go and get a 12v adapter with an inline fuse and switch and call it a day.... I have one mounted in my tail.

Doyle,
She loks great! There is something to be said for knowing exactly what you want the second time!

smile.gif
Thanks Red, Sounds good but don't forget the Eureka Springs meet and greet.
beerchug.gif

(GSXTacy @ Jan. 07 2007,11:09)
smile.gif
A bunch of us usually meet in Des Moines a couple of times a year. But Doyle and I aint skeerd of a few miles to meet up with someone!
egitarre77.gif
That's right we like to ride.....
super.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 07 2007,11:35)
(CAT3 @ Jan. 06 2007,21:00) Nice looking setup. I should wire mine for aux. pwr. since I have no plastics on it now. Trying to decide to run a fuse box in the trunk, or simply wire it for a radar/cell phone supply and not worry about the additional fuse box...
Charlie -
If you don't want to go all extravagant, you can go and get a 12v adapter with an inline fuse and switch and call it a day.... I have one mounted in my tail.
That is the way we did it on the 1st Busa, this time we wanted to get a little more extravagant.
wink.gif

Back