Wanna hear a horror story?

kontrhovercie

Registered
Hi Guys,
I'm new here to Hayabusa.org, but thought I'd share a gruesome experience I just had with a shady custom shop here in Los Angeles. Thanks to Busa Ray, I was able to get back to some semblance of normalcy, but I'm still very much traumatized by the whole experience. If you're interested, keep reading:

Sad to say, my bike has been a victim of shoddy work. I feel like it’s my duty as a P.R.O. in this community to warn my fellow MC fam about this, so you don’t get swindled too. I don’t know if any of you have heard of a new shop called DREAM WERKS on 135th & Budlong in Gardena. It’s run by this shady ass dude named Sean Sanders. DO NOT **** WITH HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Here’s the deal. I took my bike here in the beginning of May to have some work done. I bought a chrome swingarm, rims and accessories from Sean. He was then going to powdercoat my frame, the swingarm, the rims, and all of the other pieces. He said he needed two weeks to get this done. Two weeks turned into 4. He kept giving me bull**** excuses about why the rims wouldn’t fit on my bike. I got leery and told him to keep the rims. I didn’t want them if they weren’t Busa rims and wouldn’t fit. After about a week of futher bull****ting, I finally get my bike back. He gave it back to me in the following condition:

No Headlight connected.
No Breaklights Connected
No Back Breaks at all.
Chrome Accessories were held together with a ****ing shoe string. Not one screw was holding this **** in place.

But here’s the main problem: HE DIDN’T POWDER COAT ****! He PAINTED my frame (and did such a sloppy job that he sprayed my engine.) HE SPRAYED MY GAUGES TOO! He PAINTED the chrome. That **** was so ****ed up, it’s already chipping and the paint is peeling off. He was supposed to powder coat my Vortex rear sets…he painted those too. Paint is already chipping off. But wait, there’s more! To add insult to injury, this clown ass dude managed to scratch every ****ing piece of plastic on my bike. Even **** that wasn’t ****ed, is now ****ed. So, I’m out my cash AND stuck with a bum ass job. Stay tuned to see how this unfolds. In the meantime, check out the pics of his “workâ€.

Looks Good from about 20ft away…
img00378-608x456.jpg

Now let's take a closer look...

Plastic airduct covers never fit the bike at all. I kept asking why, and he said "Oh, don't worry, your fairings will mold to fit them."
img00379-608x456.jpg

img00380-608x456.jpg

Turns out, he didn't even screw them in to the fairings. They were held in my a shoe lace.
img00382-608x456.jpg

img00381-608x456.jpg

Here's his wonderful powder coat work. Note the scratches and touch up paint:
img00386-608x456.jpg

Here's where he spray painted my engine:
img00388-608x456.jpg

Here's the paint already coming off of the chrome.
img00390-608x456.jpg

img00385-608x456.jpg

That's all I have for now. First time I've ever been swindled so bad. I'm gonna have my MC club pay him a visit, and maybe we can make this right in some way. I'm definitely going to sue, not that I think he'd pay a settlement anyway. Thanks for listening and I hope this doesn't happen to you.

wow. that's horrible. you could file a complaint with the better business bureau but if he is just a little shop that may not help. not only should he refund your money but he should pay 2 fix the damage he caused. pathetic work

Sorry about your experience. Hope you have that in writing on what he was suppose to so. You seem to have the Visual documents taken care of.

In order to PC the frame the bike would have to be completely dismantled.

Good Luck!

sounds like a case for Louiville slugger and his friends Easton and Wilson :firing:

wow! Im so sorry this happend to you...definatly file with the BBB and take all your before/after pics and the contract and go find a lawyer

My question is why did you chose this guy to do your custom work?
If he does work like that how does he stay in business?
Posted via Mobile Device

I am so sorry for your unfortunate experience. Truely a sickening feeling i am sure. And thanks for the heads up.

But man, the shoe string thing just made me burst out laughing!

I'm doing all my own work! Period!

My question is why did you chose this guy to do your custom work?
If he does work like that how does he stay in business?
Posted via Mobile Device

He was referred to me by a member of my bike club. He's known the guy for years, and said he's seen his custom harley work. On the back of that, I took the plunge. His shop is brand new, but he's worked in other shops. I asked every question I could think of. I guess he saw a woman and figured I wouldn't know any better.

He was referred to me by a member of my bike club. He's known the guy for years, and said he's seen his custom harley work. On the back of that, I took the plunge. His shop is brand new, but he's worked in other shops. I asked every question I could think of. I guess he saw a woman and figured I wouldn't know any better.

You need to do these things in sequence:

1. Kick your club members ass
2. Quit that club
3. Kick the guys ass who raped/violated your bike.
4. Report back to us.

:beerchug:

BTW..Welcome to the Board!
You might want to ask for references for a powder coat guy from the .org members. I am sure there are some guys in your area that can help.

Back