Vote now for location of

Vote now for location of - 2nd hayabusa.org meet-n-greet!

• Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Votes: 156 100.0%
  • Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Davenport, Iowa

• Black Hills, South Dakota

• Newcastle, Oklahoma

• Branson, Missouri

• Kansas City, Ks/Mo

• Road America, WI

• Ohio or Illinois is your top pick & your willing to select a city.

• Total voters
Lets just clear things up a little... Getting e-mail, pm's, etc... Which is good! Lots of folks thinking about this event. I'm sure everyone is familar with how we got to the choices that are now before us. What I'm not sure about is if everyone really understands the MINOR differences in distance between the locations chosen by the membership! So in an effort to help clear things up I did a little comparison for everyone.

Geography 101: Midwest was very misleading in that we only were looking for a location that is Centrally located as pertaining to the geographical center of the 48 US States. In this case it was easier to give a broad location like Midwestern to try and narrow the focus without restricting the possibilities to much. Everyone should know that "Lebonan, Ks" is considered the geographical center of the 48 US States. With that in mind the following is a list showing actual highway miles from this central location to the approx Ten distinations given..... I think you'll all agree most of the locations identified fall into this category! Food for thought, once a site is chosen we don't allow it the following year... Helps keep things new and fresh!

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>HIGHWAY MILES FROM GEOGRAPHICAL CENTER OF USA</span>
Eureka Springs, Arkansas 526.93 miles
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri 488.08 miles
Davenport, Iowa 521.61 miles
Black Hills, South Dakota 557.40 miles
Newcastle, Oklahoma 374.92 miles
Branson, Missouri 491.51 miles
Kansas City, Ks/Mo 280.22 miles
Road America, WI 782.43 miles
Illinois ** 528.86 miles
Ohio ** 981.21 miles

**(for this purpose only I chose Western most location)

last years Meet-N-Greet was held in Colorado at Copper Mountain.... 455.34 miles

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142999561 -->

My vote is cast!
cool.gif
davenport bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its like as central midwest as you can get.... the LARGEST antique motorcyle swap meet is held there...... best central location you can get!!!!!!!

Ok just a curious question here. Never been to Newcastle Ok. exactly what is there>?

Ok just a curious question here. Never been to Newcastle Ok. exactly what is there>?
Newcastle, Oklahoma...... Well its home of a very famous shipyard! In fact very few people outside of the Oklahoma area are aware of this. I also chose this location because its home to one of the largest Perigree Falcon breeding sites in the world. Fact is more Perigree Falcon owners can be found through this local site than any other place in the world....... and the best part is its only a modest drive to Eureka Springs! 4.5 hours roughly

Only 10.7 miles from my house (in OKC) to downtown Newcastle! Nice little town, However the riding is not all that great. Not many places to stay. A few good place to eat. Some important people live in the area. Only 10 miles from me and I chose Eureka. As a matter fact I'll be in Eureaka right before the spring bash. Love the place! Riding, Food, Downtown, History. We try to go 2-3 times a year. It is easy to plan 80 to 250 mile rides that home back to Eureka. I have a book somewhere the lists several. September is one of my favorite times there. It is starting to wind down as a tourist town and the weather is usually great. It is about like April but less rain.

On the other hand, I'd love to head to the Black Hills.

I live close to newcastle also about 20 mins it is just a ten - fifteen min ride to downtown and bricktown.

Newcastle, Oklahoma...... Well its home of a very famous shipyard! In fact very few people outside of the Oklahoma area are aware of this. I also chose this location because its home to one of the largest Perigree Falcon breeding sites in the world. Fact is more Perigree Falcon owners can be found through this local site than any other place in the world....... and the best part is its only a modest drive to Eureka Springs! 4.5 hours roughly
Thought this was important enough to repost at the top of a page...

stop the suspense just tell everybody what you mean.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

I figured it out but I had a little inside info.

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143039400 -->

tounge.gif

Bug; you misunderstood me. I know why you picked AR & OK.
Lets just pick three locations(example;Black Hills,SD-Lacross,WI-
Eureka Springs,AR)and let the people decide.

Ok, Cats out of the bag.....

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>New Castle, Oklahoma</span></span>
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Home of our beloved <span style='color:blue'>Captain</span> and Hayabusa.org</span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>This poll closes today! Friday 24th of March, 2006.
5 PM Central Time....</span>

Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri would be perfect. Missouri has a ton of riding possibilities from twisting/turning roads to wide open highways to run on. Lake of the Ozarks has plenty of entertainment and lodging possibilities not to mention the infamous "Party Cove" for those who have watched HBO Real Sex you know what I am talking about. Not to mention Missouri is centrally located making it feasable for many to make it. Just my two cents...

Back