Victory vs Harley

Wanted a cross country tour in the worst way . Then realized how impractical it would be especially for the price . So I found a 2001 Mustang GT convertible with 40,000 babied miles that either myself or the Mrs can use . Plus I could have bought 2 for the cost of the Victory . Harley just doesn't do it for me,they're everywhere and all look alike to me except the Vrod .

Yup you are definitely right about that Rubb.......... If I was to go the HD route the Night Rod would be my only choice. Besides HD didn't build the engine on that model so I shouldn't have to worry about it breaking down :laugh:

Yup you are definitely right about that Rubb.......... If I was to go the HD route the Night Rod would be my only choice. Besides HD didn't build the engine on that model so I shouldn't have to worry about it breaking down :laugh:

I test rode a V-Rod Muscle in 2010. It overheated and dumped its coolant as I pulled back into the dealership parking lot. Not a great first impression for me, but I think they look great.

It's the same with Amsoil, everyone thinks it is great due to their advertising, reporting comparison tests with other oils and of course coming out right on top.

Advertising is the key but you must have not seen the indepth review that Sport rider mag did a few years ago on oils . Amsoil came up in the top wuth only a couple others scoring as high. It wasn't the highest . As for hardley vs Victory, I like the Vic but i'm bias . Hardley pissed me off years ago when I was a diehard buy Amercian ! They didn't care about who helped them over the years to stay alive and raised thier prices so high that those people couldn't afford to ride one.

The good news is, everyone in America owns a hardley ableson. With the $2.4 BILLION bailout they recieved, we are all share holders.

I think most of them are over priced but with the USD being worth crap it partly makes sense. The thought I have had is buy what you like. There are always better bikes for different things, do your research and for goodness sakes test drive them! End of the day bikes are like dating partners. You get to pick them for various reasons, the good ones you keep :) but you are paying for it one way or the other so get what makes ya happy.

Here is mine, I love it for long hauls, but tour on the Busa too!

ForumRunner_20130604_194135.png

ForumRunner_20130604_194135.png

FWIW, ican get you guys a deal since I work at Fort Washington HD in MD. Any parts needed just call me, stock or aftermarket. I have parts laying around.

Wanted a cross country tour in the worst way . Then realized how impractical it would be especially for the price . So I found a 2001 Mustang GT convertible with 40,000 babied miles that either myself or the Mrs can use . Plus I could have bought 2 for the cost of the Victory . Harley just doesn't do it for me,they're everywhere and all look alike to me except the Vrod .

We think the same. Anything on two wheels weighing over 700lbs, a convertible is nicer.

The thing is the average consumer buys on marketing effort, not technical details. If folks bought for technical specifications, no one would buy either a Harley or a Victory.

Other than what's mentioned in the above videos, were you talking about any specific problems with either brand? I don't know a whole lot about them, and would be interested in hearing about any common issues you're aware of. Thanks.

Other than what's mentioned in the above videos, were you talking about any specific problems with either brand? I don't know a whole lot about them, and would be interested in hearing about any common issues you're aware of. Thanks.

I have only done 6,000 miles on the Harley and no issues. Did the 5,000 mile service doing everything in the book plus more and it took me 40 minutes. Not much to go wrong.

My wife rides a '13 Victory Cross Country. I have ridden it myself a few times. She was in front, with me on my Rune, when we when to pass an 18 wheeler on a two lane. I just about ran over her when we both pulled out to make the actual pass. In fact, I had to brake to keep from doing that, while passing. I thought she had missed a gear until I rode hers. It wasn't the rider. It's a nice bike, but it's slow. Both bikes are bone stock. She likes it and that's all I need to know about it.

My wife rides a '13 Victory Cross Country. I have ridden it myself a few times. She was in front, with me on my Rune, when we when to pass an 18 wheeler on a two lane. I just about ran over her when we both pulled out to make the actual pass. In fact, I had to brake to keep from doing that, while passing. I thought she had missed a gear until I rode hers. It wasn't the rider. It's a nice bike, but it's slow. Both bikes are bone stock. She likes it and that's all I need to know about it.

That's pretty funny considering Victory claims something like 20hp over the Harleys. :laugh:

I went by the local Victory dealership this afternoon only to find they've gone out of business. They said they were robbed of $10,000 in merchandise and 5 Polaris RZR's toward the end of last year, then closed earlier this year "due to unforeseen circumstances." Sounds a little fishy to me. It would be a big operation to steal that much stuff, unless the business was in on it. Oh well...

Funny, but I got the video links from my buddy who just last year bought a Fat Boy Lo. I like the look of a Harley, but I haven't seen a Victory in person just yet.

Back