Victory vs Harley videos.......I had no idea.

Really cruisers are not meant for racing, but here is data from MCN just for the record.

MEASURED TOP SPEED
V-Rod: 137mph
M109: 128mph

0 - 1/4 MILE
V-Rod: 11.38sec
M109: 11.62sec

0-60MPH
V-Rod: 3.52sec
M109: 3.65sec

0-100MPH
V-Rod: 8.22sec
M109: 8.87sec

POWER TO WEIGHT
V-Rod: 1:5.99
M109: 1:7.26

BRAKING 60-0 MPH (FEET)
V-Rod: 109.5
M109: 135.4

the Vrod is barely a harley, what with the porsche made motor that took most of its design cues from the victory power plant

If I ever got a cruiser a Harley would not even be a choice. I do not want my bike to break down like Harleys do.

All of this talk about Harley's breaking down is really getting annoying. I have had my Harley for 12 years now and it has NEVER left me stranded or broke down. I spend more time working on my Busa than I do on my Harley. Statistical laws show that if there a larger number of a product then there will be a larger number of failures. When the Asain bike companies even come close the the number of Harleys produce then we can talk quality issues. Those that talk about Harley's quality do not know the first thing about quality management and need to go back to school

Rant OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great day and enjoy life.

All of this talk about Harley's breaking down is really getting annoying. I have had my Harley for 12 years now and it has NEVER left me stranded or broke down. I spend more time working on my Busa than I do on my Harley. Statistical laws show that if there a larger number of a product then there will be a larger number of failures. When the Asain bike companies even come close the the number of Harleys produce then we can talk quality issues. Those that talk about Harley's quality do not know the first thing about quality management and need to go back to school

Rant OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great day and enjoy life.

A ZX14 is faster than a Busa!! :rofl:

via Tapatalk

All of this talk about Harley's breaking down is really getting annoying. I have had my Harley for 12 years now and it has NEVER left me stranded or broke down. I spend more time working on my Busa than I do on my Harley. Statistical laws show that if there a larger number of a product then there will be a larger number of failures. When the Asain bike companies even come close the the number of Harleys produce then we can talk quality issues. Those that talk about Harley's quality do not know the first thing about quality management and need to go back to school.
Gotta agree. All three of my Harleys have been super dependable, ultra-low maintenance bikes. Perhaps not the highest performance as "sport bikes," but very solid performers. Among the truly high-mileage bikes I have seen over the years, most have been Harleys or BMWs, plus the Goldwing.

I have a co-worker that only rides Harleys. He has a soft tail and the chips looking one. His bikes have broken down at least 3 times this year alone. I know a few other people that own Harleys and they also have issues at times. That is one reason why I will never buy one. That and their crazy prices.

Most of y'all don't get it... Not everyone cares about going fast! Harley's have history and are iconic - not fast, they speak to you differently than a Busa. They rumble along and say slow down enjoy the day. My Harley's never said to me the next time you tip into that corner try to hit the apex a little sooner to set up the next turn better. My Harley say's a maybe a chrome beverage holder would be nice! My B-king would call me a big puss if I even ever thought about attaching a beverage holder to it... It's just different - if you don't get it then you don't get it!

Also, any empirical data to help support the idea that newer Harley's are over all less reliable would be appreciated!

From a rider who goes both ways!

highres_12065950[1].jpg

I suppose if I would buy American, than I would hold out for Buell's 1190.

I question whether the Buell can even be considered "american" as it's got a Rotax engine...

Another of HD greatest strengths with respect to touring - ever noticed the next HD dealer on average is only 40 to 60 miles away!

Another of HD greatest strengths with respect to touring - ever noticed the next HD dealer on average is only 40 to 60 miles away!

That's not helping your cause. :laugh:

HTC EVO 3G with tapatalk.

I question whether the Buell can even be considered "american" as it's got a Rotax engine...

And unlike most Jap dealers, they will help you out if you are on the road and do have an issue. I have had many friends and family stop at a dealer for a question or issue and be helped out free of charge. Let see a jap dealer do that for you with out trashing something on your bike.

i like my Harley. when i got it i rode across Canada and down the coast of Washington/Oregon, up the Columbia river gorge back home when i 1st got it. we bonded.:whistle:
it's a good bike and has never left me stranded. even when i dropped a valve 400mi from home in Colorado!
we 1 lunged it all the way home spittin fire every time i slowed down, puttin right down the road. :laugh:
but we made it home. :thumbs: no worried really.
and when it came time to work on it. i found it very, very, easy. only a hand full of parts to play with. again, no worries easy.

that being said.
i would trade him for my Father inlaw's Victory Vision in a second! if i don't end up with a Vision, im going to build a roadglide with that busa headlight faring on it. maybe a busa engine too. :whistle:
i just want a dedicated tour bike. don't get me wrong, i love touring on my Busa and do it well. but i just imagine how much futher i could go and how much later in the season i could ride on a big land barge.

That's not helping your cause. :laugh:

HTC EVO 3G with tapatalk.

Just for the record - I've never proffered the notion that Harleys are more reliable. :) Just know that I've never had any particular "reliability" issues with any I've owned. But - are you say'in Jap bikes don't break down or have flats etc.??? Asian dealerships and good/timely service can be a little sketchy in many rural areas and God forbid you break down on a Ducati, BMW or Triumph etc. in the middle of no where. Only a miracle would have you closer than a couple hundred miles to the next Dealer.

I ride Harley's with confidence that if a part or service is needed - it's nearby - hell most hick auto shops have a mechanic (or two) that can wrench a Harley.

And by the way... HD improvements/advantages - super durable maintenance free belts, fuel injection, one cylinder kick out for cooler riding and lower engine temps, big footed fool proof kick stands - no mods necessary, real chrome, FOB ignition with back up code - never leaves you stranded (no lost key buffonery), largest OEM and Aftermarket for personal tweeks, mirrors that work - you can see more than the logo on your shoulder, leg room, tires that don't have to be changed every 6 K miles etc.

Just for the record - I've never proffered the notion that Harleys are more reliable. :) Just know that I've never had any particular "reliability" issues with any I've owned. But - are you say'in Jap bikes don't break down or have flats etc.??? Asian dealerships and good/timely service can be a little sketchy in many rural areas and God forbid you break down on a Ducati, BMW or Triumph etc. in the middle of no where. Only a miracle would have you closer than a couple hundred miles to the next Dealer.

I ride Harley's with confidence that if a part or service is needed - it's nearby - hell most hick auto shops have a mechanic (or two) that can wrench a Harley.

And by the way... HD improvements/advantages - super durable maintenance free belts, fuel injection, one cylinder kick out for cooler riding and lower engine temps, big footed fool proof kick stands - no mods necessary, real chrome, FOB ignition with back up code - never leaves you stranded (no lost key buffonery), largest OEM and Aftermarket for personal tweeks, mirrors that work - you can see more than the logo on your shoulder, leg room, tires that don't have to be changed every 6 K miles etc.

I'm playing Devil's advocate here. How is fuel injection an advantage? Over what? Carburation? One cylinder kick out for cooler riding, and lower engine temps, no thanks, I prefer liquid cooling. Mirrors that work don't count either, their handlebars are 4 feet wide... Tires that don't have to be changed every 6K miles? That's because they don't make enough grunt to wear them out and are they even radials? Do they use tubes? :rofl:

Come on guys, can't we all just have some fun? Don't get your panties in a bundle.. :laugh:

True dat - all the stuff... I was responding to the idea that Harley's have not made technological advancements. Maybe it wasn't even in this post - I'm getting old ya know and I have a hard time keeping up with these new fangled message boards. But - the kick stand point - I stand by that100% :laugh:

By the way - I think the Gen I busa I owned and the B-King (My favorite bike I've ever owned) I currently ride are head and heals better than any Harley - But - that's just my opinion and you know opinions are just like "noses" everyones got one... I just understand the allure of Harley even if its not "my" favorite brand or style of bike and can respect the name for what it is - DIFFERENT.

Ohhh! one other thing... I hang my head - yes my HD Softail Deluxe does wear tubed tires! Chrome Spoked wheels require tubes.

Back