Victory vs Harley videos.......I had no idea.

Diiferent folks, different strokes. August last year, CycleWorld would disagree with you.

Cycle World

Sorry, but this thread is aimed at the mechanical and design progression of HD. I also wonder who spends more advertising at this mag??
There is no arguing the mechanical decencies and poor quality and of the HD 's engine.

I kind of feel like if you want a big V Twin then get a HD, anything else is simply a `copy`...IDK just IMO
I tried a HD `07 and it was alot like GNBRET stated as far as handeling goes ; accelleration/braking was laughable. I do dissagree on the reliability though, because anymore they (HD) are pretty darn reliable...and NO LEAKS
I knew the HD would be nothing like my previous Hayabusa, but thought I might enjoy more leisurely putting around on the HD...I was wrong.

I loved my 06' Victory Vegas 8-Ball.. it was quick for a cruiser bike.. came stock with a 100ci engine.. Brembo brakes with steel braided lines.. and the addition of some power adders (power commander, dyno tune, CAI, full exhaust, MSD ignition, and some other pieces) it was a bad a$$ ride. I kinda wish I could have kept it but the wife said one of the bikes had to go so I kept the bus. I will probably pick up another one one of these days.

Alot of my buddies ride HD's and they all preferred the Vic's ride to the HD's. more power, better braking and handling to boot. Also I love the fact that that their not everywhere you turn around and look like an HD. Just my opinion.. Victory builds a far superior bike to that of HD...

8117_146617089738_564494738_3378044_8076285_n[1].jpg

Lotta Harley bashing, but that never surprises me. I agree that the technologically, everybody has it over on Harley, but Harley really has the LOOK and the FEEL down to an art. HD quality is truly impressive, fit, finish, and overall solidity blows me away, especially when I compare my wife's 2007 Sportster 1200 to my old 1989 Sporty.

I expect the air-cooled HD engine has to be on its way out. Between Victory and the Japanese (esp Yamaha and Honda), they have pushed HD to huge displacement with the engine and the thing can't even stay cool at idle anymore. They actually have to cut fuel to the rear cylinder at idle to keep it from overheating. That, engine noise regulations, and pollution regulations will force them to go watercooled, and I expect that in the next few years. Should be interesting to see the reactions, but I expect the HD faithful to embrace it, just like they did the Evo engines 20 years ago.

The Victory is a great bike, even if the motor is plain ugly (IMO). And if you like Ness styling (which I don't), then that may be the bike for you. But it's great to have something, anything! made in North America instead of Asia.

The M109 is a marvel compared to the HDs and will spank them easily.

But, if you want a Harley, you want a Harley. 'Nuff said. :)

The M109 is a marvel compared to the HDs and will spank them easily.

But, if you want a Harley, you want a Harley. 'Nuff said. :)

Really cruisers are not meant for racing, but here is data from MCN just for the record.

MEASURED TOP SPEED
V-Rod: 137mph
M109: 128mph

0 - 1/4 MILE
V-Rod: 11.38sec
M109: 11.62sec

0-60MPH
V-Rod: 3.52sec
M109: 3.65sec

0-100MPH
V-Rod: 8.22sec
M109: 8.87sec

POWER TO WEIGHT
V-Rod: 1:5.99
M109: 1:7.26

BRAKING 60-0 MPH (FEET)
V-Rod: 109.5
M109: 135.4

V-Rod MSRP $17,199
M109r MSRP 14,099 <------ with $3K stuck into the M109R no V-rod would beat it :laugh:

V-Rod weight 640 dry
M109r weight 703 dry <----- There's your performance differences..

I'm not a basher, I like the V-rod, but I owned a 109 and beat some V-rods while owning it. I've been beat on it too, I'm not "that guy" but it sure was a nice bike.. :D

Now we all know the Vrod is not a real Harley. :laugh: it is the best bike in the HD stable.
There is a turbo system available for the VRod that gets 190ish hp out of it. That would be a fun ride.

via Tapatalk

V-Rod MSRP $17,199
M109r MSRP 14,099 <------ with $3K stuck into the M109R no V-rod would beat it :laugh:

V-Rod weight 640 dry
M109r weight 703 dry <----- There's your performance differences..

I'm not a basher, I like the V-rod, but I owned a 109 and beat some V-rods while owning it. I've been beat on it too, I'm not "that guy" but it sure was a nice bike.. :D

The M109 sure is a nice bike, it was Suzuki's answer to the cruiser market, which took hold of Japan. In Japan, over 600cc Honda sells the most of local manufacture and for every Honda sold, they sell almost two Harley's. The MOCO sure knows how to market.

I LOVE my Harley and will not part with it for any amount of money. Just saying.
100_1615.jpg:lala:

100_1615.jpg

Really cruisers are not meant for racing, but here is data from MCN just for the record.

MEASURED TOP SPEED

0 - 1/4 MILE
V-Rod: 11.38sec
M109: 11.62sec

0-60MPH
V-Rod: 3.52sec
M109: 3.65sec

0-100MPH
V-Rod: 8.22sec
M109: 8.87sec

POWER TO WEIGHT
V-Rod: 1:5.99
M109: 1:7.26

BRAKING 60-0 MPH (FEET)
V-Rod: 109.5
M109: 135.4

And the M109 is shaft driven...

I no longer have a horse in this race, but just from from the standpoint of personnel preference I like the Victory's for the gear driven primary and over head cams. I also like that they don't try to copy the HD look. ( I know there are some HD guys that think any cruiser looks like an HD I respectfully disagree) That said HD do have a great fit and finish. They are a beautiful anachronism. I know they can be made to go fast I don't care to go fast on one. But then most people wouldn't have enjoyed driving my old Packard convertible so to each their own.

MEASURED TOP SPEED
Hey, that's great, Jelly. Thanks for setting the record straight. I wasn't even thinking of the VRod, although it has found its (small) niche in the Harley community.

And now, to prove that Harley is not out of the game in any way, I submit for your consideration.....

latynina-8-storypic.jpg

Hey, that's great, Jelly. Thanks for setting the record straight. I wasn't even thinking of the VRod, although it has found its (small) niche in the Harley community.

And now, to prove that Harley is not out of the game in any way, I submit for your consideration.....

LOL. That flag definetily won't do well on your Busa.:laugh:

But if we compare apples to apples, you thinkg this Suzuki Boulevard is any better?

Boulevard.jpg

Boulevard.jpg

LOL. That flag definetily won't do well on your Busa.:laugh:

But if we compare apples to apples, you thinkg this Suzuki Boulevard is any better?

View attachment 232643
Hey, that's pretty cool. Never saw one of those. But that handsome guy in your photo doesn't look like a bad@ss KGB karate champion, and I'm sure he's not about to rule the Russian Federation for the next 12 years!

Hey, that's pretty cool. Never saw one of those. But that handsome guy in your photo doesn't look like a bad@ss KGB karate champion, and I'm sure he's not about to rule the Russian Federation for the next 12 years!

Handsome huh?

Looking at his "toolshed" I can see why he needs a trike. :whistle:

Back