Very Sad News

I can offer this - when you lose complete respect and compassion for others, you'll lose in the end...can't go through life being that cut and dry...
Sorry VA, I have to respectfully disagree.

A.> We all lose in the end, whether we are good bad or indifferent.

B.> I do agree that anyone can make a mistake and that sometimes
that one mistake is all it takes. In that case it may be
a tragedy. Even worthy of sympathy. While I don't know for a
fact this was the guys 1st mistake odds are it wasn't. That
this was his usual motorcycle activity. Live by the sword,
die by the sword.
If he died performing some selfless act of sacrifice it would
be different. He died selfish, with no regard for the effect his
actions would have on others. Those that knew & cared for him.
Those like you or me that he neither knew or thought
would think twice about him.

C.> Sometimes the only way is to keep things cut & dried.
Cold & harsh. Life sucks...and it sure ain't fair.
Once the moment of decision comes & goes there is rarely
a chance to undo it. Pretty cut & dried to me.

D.> Respect is something you earn. You don't start with it
and then lose it. You start without it, then gain it, if worthy.
Raider, my FL friend, I agree 100% with you...

Why do you think we have the "Darwin Awards"?
tounge.gif

My point was only that when someone has died, even when it's due to his own stupidity, for lack of a better word, RESPECT that he was a person that emcompassed more than just what took his life, and have COMPASSION for the family and friends he left behind...

I've been surfing other sites lately, and I see quite a trend in posting the same story from web site to web site...I'm certain at some point, some family member or friend of this young man will see things being said by members. Everyone around him knows why he's gone now, and I REALLY hope some even learn from his mistakes...just respect that they may see things we say. Did he ask for it? Did he have it coming to him? Maybe so...but it's a mute point now...he's gone.

Can't we all just get along (smile).

Everyone join in now. (singing)

Cumbaya my Lord, cumbaya. Cumbaya my Lord Cumbaya (lol).

(and I am by no means disprescting this loss of life - just trying to end the fuedin' and a fussin')

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095253774 -->

I'll be waiting for that knock...

I hope you guys don't just talk the talk. Please walk the walk.

If any of you want my address, email me, I'll gladly give it out, we can arrange a meeting.

Or just come a knocking!!! Big Guys....
laugh.gif

On a serious note though

maybe i was a little upset when i wrote my post, but i wont apologize to anyone, and like i said, i would love for you to show up at my door, matter of fact, i dare you.

Anyway,

5 days ago a we had some people on our highway 75 central that were doing wheeles and fronties on the highway around 9p.m.  3 of them to be exact
one of the had a minor crash, thankfully he was'nt hurt that bad, lucky for him.  
as i rode to work the next day on my bike, the Dallas cops seemed to set up a trap, not a speed trap, but a sport bike trap.  I was going with the flow of traffic and got pulled over.  He said it was for not using my signal, (I always use my signal, always!!!)  anyway he wrote me a $96 ticket, and told me I should find another form of transportation.
This was really eating at me.  2 days later i say this post and expressed some views out of anger.  
I'm a pretty safe rider, i like some speed, but im not in to stuntng, and if i do get the urge to stunt, i go out in the country roads, or in a parking lot after hrs.  I just hate the bad wrap we get because of the ill resp. few.  

Now that ive cooled down, I hope he Rests in peace!

<!--EDIT|FinalSpin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095310402 -->

Final Spin your message comes across a bit harsh, sounds like a guy that left the site about the same time you came on...... Hmmmmmm Anyone else remember the come on and fight me thread.... Whatever, I think the biggest question that we all need to ask ourselves is "Do we have enough class to take the high road and learn from this guys mistakes?" It really is irrevelant if he deserved it or not you couldn't change the outcome minutes before the accident and you can't bring him back. What will we learn from what hapenned and how will we portray our lesson. We can talk smack about how he deserved it and that he was just a squid looking for attention, it doesn't matter. Do you think that this kid cares what you think about him right now, I don't think so..... so why talk bad about the dead, can't we just learn our lessons, hope he is in a better place (If your a believer, if not it doesn't matter does it) and have a little empathy for his family. Final Spin anyone can be a bobo about things like this but who has enough character to be above that and have a little class to RESPECT THE DEAD.

Caps done now back to regularly scheduled programming

oh one more thing
a stoppie is when you slam on your front brake and do a wheelie, on the front tire with the rear wheel up in the air.
A frontie, at least is what we call it in texas, is when someone is riding on the front of your bike, with their legs hanging over the windshield....who's stupid???///LOL
tounge.gif

oh one more thing
a stoppie is when you slam on your front brake and do a wheelie, on the front tire with the rear wheel up in the air.  
A frontie, at least is what we call it in texas, is when someone is riding on the front of your bike, with their legs hanging over the windshield....who's stupid???///LOL
tounge.gif
frontie? huh? what ever you say buddy
shouldnt you be out trying some stunts right now in traffic going the wrong way???
dont go away mad just go (agian maybe) lol
like cap said have some respect and leave it alone, the whole thread!

im done with seafood like yourself.....
good by...

Final, sounds like you should be pissed at the cop that gave you that $96 ticket, not the dead squid, not the 3 squids that caused the sportbike trap 2 days later, not at VA.

Maybe you might want to start wearing a mini-recorder for the next time you get pulled over by a cop that has it out for sportbiker or any biker.

I would consider that discrimination.

Gearless or not, he is still a person with the same love that we all share, motorcycles, wether you agree or disagree it is still a tragedy. A lot of people would say the same thing about all of us if we crashed at 200mph. My prayers still go out to his family and freinds.
The only ASS I see here is you, lucky devil, with your big 55 post,s.
I know I have been away for a while but what the hell does the number of posts you mean? I have been here for some time and it has always been a riders opinion that matters most. Agree or disagree but that was the old way.

oh one more thing
tounge.gif
frontie? huh? what ever you say buddy
shouldnt you be out trying some stunts right now in traffic going the wrong way???
dont go away mad just go (agian maybe) lol
like cap said have some respect and leave it alone, the whole thread!

im done with seafood like yourself.....
good by...
OOOOKAAAAY?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Anyway,

5 days ago a we had some people on our highway 75 central that were doing wheeles and fronties on the highway around 9p.m.  3 of them to be exact
one of the had a minor crash, thankfully he was'nt hurt that bad, lucky for him.  
as i rode to work the next day on my bike, the Dallas cops seemed to set up a trap, not a speed trap, but a sport bike trap.  I was going with the flow of traffic and got pulled over.  He said it was for not using my signal, (I always use my signal, always!!!)  anyway he wrote me a $96 ticket, and told me I should find another form of transportation.
This was really eating at me.  2 days later i say this post and expressed some views out of anger.  
I'm a pretty safe rider, i like some speed, but im not in to stuntng, and if i do get the urge to stunt, i go out in the country roads, or in a parking lot after hrs.  I just hate the bad wrap we get because of the ill resp. few.  

Another class thread I see.  We have to get smarter folks.

But anyway, I will stay out of the compassion question regarding stunt riders who crash. I have mixed feelings about it. But if someone dies, I will at least feel sorry for those who loved him, even if I know he asked for it to a degree.

But I will make a comment about the attached quote. If police set a trap, targeted you, made up probable cause and fabricated a crime, your anger is sadly misdirected. What they have done is illegal and imoral. Just because they lied and gave you an illegal ticket, I doubt that you believe ALL cops are crooked. By the same logic, not all sportbike riders are stunters. I understand cracking down in a troubled area, but they should have watched you and only bothered you if you did something illegal.

<marquee>JOKE ALERT....JOKE ALERT...JOKE ALERT...JOKE ALERT...JOKE ALERT</marquee>

I am also glad to here that stunting is now legal after hours, in parking lots, and on country roads.

Don't hate the player, hate the cops!

I don t understand. If you believe in a god, how can you also feel for them leaving? Your not sad when someone goes on vacation?

If your sad when someone dies ok...but reason does play a part. What about the terrorists? There families love them cherish them....why don t we prey for there families and loved ones when we hear of a car bombing?

Everyone has friends, murderers, rapists, thieves, politicians (lol) , good people etc.....do we regret every death on the planet? No.

I wonder what kind of "friends" would support him in doing such a thing. If I got drank I would hope my friends wouldn t let me drive. If I raced, I would hope my friends supported me in the safest enviroment possible. If I did stunts, I would hope my family and freinds supported me and encouraged me to do it in a safe place with safty precautions because all these reasonable peole can recognize some of its inherint dangers.

If I skydive, I hope my frinds encorage me to use a parachute to land with because you can only skydive once with out one.

Doing a wheelie on a intersate with a tow truck on the side, undoubtably some traffic, and naked? I hope my friends don t prove to be the same. I hope before I ever go 200 that my friends encourage me to take precautions, do it in a reasonable enviroment etc.

In the end, no one gets out alive, and people die every day in all kinds of strange ways. I hope the people that rember him , learn from it and enjoy the time they have left. If Im taken or my daughter or my wife I hope we would find a way to stil enjoy the life we have left.

Anyway,

Another class thread I see.  We have to get smarter folks.

But anyway, I will stay out of the compassion question regarding stunt riders who crash. I have mixed feelings about it. But if someone dies, I will at least feel sorry for those who loved him, even if I know he asked for it to a degree.

But I will make a comment about the attached quote. If police set a trap, targeted you, made up probable cause and fabricated a crime, your anger is sadly misdirected. What they have done is illegal and imoral. Just because they lied and gave you an illegal ticket, I doubt that you believe ALL cops are crooked. By the same logic, not all sportbike riders are stunters. I understand cracking down in a troubled area, but they should have watched you and only bothered you if you did something illegal.

<marquee>JOKE ALERT....JOKE ALERT...JOKE ALERT...JOKE ALERT...JOKE ALERT</marquee>

I am also glad to here that stunting is now legal after hours, in parking lots, and on country roads.

Don't hate the player, hate the cops!
Yes,

another class thread...

I wasn't suggesting that it's legal to do stunting on country rds and pk lots.  just saying it may be safer.  
How could you think that's lega???

LOL...Yes, your right, we do need to get smarter folks!!!LOL

<!--EDIT|FinalSpin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095383214 -->

Back