Very Sad News

sorry, but he gets no sympathy from me. one less squid to make us all look like asses in my opinion.
Yes,

I agree with you.  I'm sick of these idiots.  And i dont give a damn what you guys say about my comments, bring it!!!
All I could offer up is that I hope your sons never become stunters...that's when you may realize that a life is a life is a life my friends...it's not always so cut and dry...and that we're all entitled to our opinions...
blush.gif

I'm so sorry for the loss of life. The lesson learned is without saying so there is no need to tarnish his memory. You either get it or you don't! There is nothing else that needs said!

Rest in Peace!

Oh man this is a complicated one. There are so many different value systems that are tested with a story like this. Like, the brakedown in families which inturn sends youngsters to seek out acceptance from irresponsible groups. Or simply riding ethics. At somepoint, you've got to wipe away the social overtones and pay a little respect to dynamic kid who got into a very tragic accident.

This is not about a rider anymore. It's about a youngster who was tragically killed and how it will affect his family and friends. Get real people.

If my son ever did anything that stupid, he would deserve what he gets...I also edited that comment, but you added my quote before i changed itl  I do feel for his family and friends.  But it's like my father always said, "once you loose respect for your bike, it's time to hang up your helmet".  And that exactly what happend here.  
He was trying to show off, and it cost him his life.  If he did'nt die, and was a little scrapped up, you guys would talk about how stupid it was, i see it on this site all the time, but the fact that he didn't make it makes it different.  

<!--EDIT|FinalSpin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095188043 -->

Its sad that a kid lost his life, I feel for his family and friends. But the kid knew the risk involved. Thats the price you can pay for stunting. Do I feel for him, NO. He is not my family or my friend, so I have no need to feel pity for an ignorant rider. Have I clocked high speeds? Yes I have, and If I went down because of it, I hope you all feel for my family, but learn from my lesson in life. Realize that I was being a squid when it happened. I can feel for a person getting hit or wrecking in a corner, but someone stunting does not get my sympathy. I preach safety, stunting is to be done on a track or a secure area. High chance that if this kid was on a track there would of never been a tow truck there, he may have just received sever road rash, but he chose to act stupid where my family and your family drive. What if he hit your child and caused them to die, how would you feel then. To often these kids dont realize that, and sh*t like this happens. Learn from this, if you do or dont take pity on this young soul.

If my son ever did anything that stupid, he would deserve what he gets...I also edited that comment, but you added my quote before i changed itl  I do feel for his family and friends.  But it's like my father always said, "once you loose respect for your bike, it's time to hang up your helmet".  And that exactly what happend here.  
He was trying to show off, and it cost him his life.  If he did'nt die, and was a little scrapped up, you guys would talk about how stupid it was, i see it on this site all the time, but the fact that he didn't make it makes it different.  Who's the hypo's, YO>>>
Yeah, and from someone who probably doesn't have children, that's all very easy to say...

I lost someone close to me...best guy you could ever meet in the world. He loved life, loved his friends and family, adored his pets, had a heart the size of Texas...loved to ride, wore full gear at all times, and lived for the rush of adrenaline he got from racing...he'd share stories with me of tight corners he'd taken, showing me his worn tires and scaring the crap out of me...

One night, he did some very stupid things on his bike and before the night was over, his Honda frame was snapped in half under the seat where he had been sitting after hitting a telephone pole, and he was dead...I'd like to think that even for all the dumb mistakes he made that night, those that knew him and those that didn't would still see that the world lost a wonderful human being that night...someone that I miss dearly and that I love...the pain his parents have endured, the two older brothers he left behind...the friends and family that two years later still cry and grieve over a 24 year old that should still be here...go tell them that he was an idiot and that he deserved what happened to him...

...and one day, if and when a child of your own ends up in circumstances that YOU have no control over, I like to see you standing over his grave thinking "well, he got what he deserved..."

He was trying to show off, and it cost him his life.  If he did'nt die, and was a little scrapped up, you guys would talk about how stupid it was, i see it on this site all the time, but the fact that he didn't make it makes it different.  Who's the hypo's, YO>>>
Yeah, and from someone who probably doesn't have children, that's all very easy to say...

I lost someone close to me...best guy you could ever meet in the world.  He loved life, loved his friends and family, adored his pets, had a heart the size of Texas...loved to ride, wore full gear at all times, and lived for the rush of adrenaline he got from racing...he'd share stories with me of tight corners he'd taken, showing me his worn tires and scaring the crap out of me...

One night, he did some very stupid things on his bike and before the night was over, his Honda frame was snapped in half under the seat where he had been sitting after hitting a telephone pole, and he was dead...I'd like to think that even for all the dumb mistakes he made that night, those that knew him and those that didn't would still see that the world lost a wonderful human being that night...someone that I miss dearly and that I love...the pain his parents have endured, the two older brothers he left behind...the friends and family that two years later still cry and grieve over a 24 year old that should still be here...go tell them that he was an idiot and that he deserved what happened to him...

...and one day, if and when a child of your own ends up in circumstances that YOU have no control over, I like to see you standing over his grave thinking "well, he got what he deserved..."
Just my opinion, please don't be a cry baby because I feel the way I do, and you feel the way you do, thats our right, so stop the crying about my post and go on with life, it will be okay, i promise!!!

<!--EDIT|FinalSpin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095188954 -->

I lost someone close to me...best guy you could ever meet in the world.  He loved life, loved his friends and family, adored his pets, had a heart the size of Texas...loved to ride, wore full gear at all times, and lived for the rush of adrenaline he got from racing...he'd share stories with me of tight corners he'd taken, showing me his worn tires and scaring the crap out of me...

Just my opinion, please don't be a cry baby because I feel the way I do, and you feel the way you do, thats our right, so stop the crying about my post and go on with life, it will be okay, i promise!!!
...wasn't trying to be a cry baby, but thanks for the eloquence in posting...you'll prove to be a true asset to this board...

So, to each his own, everyone's got an opinion, and if you post yours and I post mine, I suspect we'll both get replies...get used to it honey...and go ride...

...wasn't trying to be a cry baby, but thanks for the eloquence in posting...you'll prove to be a true asset to this board...

So, to each his own, everyone's got an opinion, and if you post yours and I post mine, I suspect we'll both get replies...get used to it honey...and go ride...
ohhhh, must of hit a nerve!!! Sorry about that!!

FinalSpin... I hope I'm not outta line here, but I must say....

You are indeed entitled to your opinion.. as is VA~ No need to turn
the flame on and start callin people names over it~ She was not
acting the cry baby here.. just using an example to get her point
across~ Be respectful of others opinions and move on~ You are
starting a flame war with an outstanding member that will not only
knock you down a few notches, but has enough love here that if a
stranger is knocking at your door it's best not to answer it~
wink.gif

Just a little friendly advice.. I'll not say no more~

I figured out the "Price for your Flight..." in that Sister Christian song, and it's definitely not your life... or mine, or some 21 y.o. squid.  Did he deserve to go down for pulling a stunt in a uncontrolled environment?  YES.  Did he deserve to lose his life for it?  Or even become a veggie for it?  NO.  Hence, we call someone a dumb sh*t when they get road rash, or a broken bone or two that's recoverable... But we should sympathize when they lose their lives.  That's called humanity, FinalSpin.

Yes, I have nearly flesh and blood that did something stupid like that.  My 22 y.o. nephew went through someone's garage door trying to pop wheelies in a residential area with his '03 Gixxer 600.  Lucky bastard just walked away with a couple of bruises.   Do I sympathisize?  Hell NO!  So when asked if I can help him financially put his wreaked bike back together, I said, 'HELL NO!'.  I would've if he was truly in a wreak that was not his fault or even if it truly was a accident (like lack of riding experience), but not for pull stunts.  You on you're own their Pretty Boy Bob.  You go talk to Santa, but don't ask UNCLE again.

Point is:  Rare is there a mistake on the part of a rider that warrants his life.  Even stupidity deserve a second chance (maybe a bit of road rash too).  Only exception in my opinion is that the rider was malice or stupid drunk and ended up costing someone else's life.

That's why I believe California cops are more leinent on bikers.  You speed, you go down, you'll hurt yourself more than you would hurt others.  "It's on you bro, I won't give you a speeding ticket this time."

<!--EDIT|eynlai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095205383 -->

Only exception in my opinion is that the rider was malice or stupid drunk and ended up costing someone else's life.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a double standard. Seems most feel that he deserves sympathy for only taking himself out, yet if he took out an inocent bystander it would then be ok to MF him?

Yes, the whole situation is sad and I can definitely feel sympathy for his family and can't imagine what they must be going through. I also feel bad about the kid cutting his life short, but the simple fact is he's just become another statistic that's going to add to making real sport riders look bad. To add insult, the way he went out will probably get him on the top 10 Darwin Award list for the year.

I'm not even in squid capital and I see the crap these idiots pull on packed dangerous highways on a weekly basis. Their bikes are a fashion statement, they piss off the general public, they piss off cops and they raise our insurance rates. Sorry but those idiots are not fellow riders and they don't get waves from me.

To take it a step further, we have the internet today and the gruesome consequences of what can happen are rubbed in our faces on a daily basis. You would think seeing the carnage of what can happen would educate people but instead it seems to stoke the stupidity levels of these kids that want to star on a stunt video.
sad.gif

down.gif
I had a long post. Nothing can express how I feel when a rider (his fault or not ) goes down. God Bless he and his family and friends.

FinalSpin... I hope I'm not outta line here, but I must say....

You are indeed entitled to your opinion.. as is VA~ No need to turn
the flame on and start callin people names over it~ She was not
acting the cry baby here.. just using an example to get her point
across~ Be respectful of others opinions and move on~ You are
starting a flame war with an outstanding member that will not only
knock you down a few notches, but has enough love here that if a
stranger is knocking at your door it's best not to answer it~
wink.gif

Just a little friendly advice.. I'll not say no more~
Thanks for the kind words Joker, but I'm not letting this subject get to me like it usually does...I wasn't pining for attention; most of my friends here know about the guy I lost in my life...I guess I was hoping to put a real story to some random accident posted on the web; show that any person can have a million great things about them and then one stupid mistake causes them to lose it all...

...I've been judgemental toward "squids" at times, but I've decided that I can't judge and there are so many grey areas when it comes to the damage/pain inflicted by stunters/speeders/bikers...we all take the risk at some level...

For the guy that boldy asked for members to "bring it on" when he stated his opinion, then decided to completely dismiss what I had to say, I can offer this - when you lose complete respect and compassion for others, you'll lose in the end...can't go through life being that cut and dry...

when you lose complete respect and compassion for others, you'll lose in the end...can't go through life being that cut and dry...[/QUOTE]

Amen VA...

I can offer this - when you lose complete respect and compassion for others, you'll lose in the end...can't go through life being that cut and dry...
Sorry VA, I have to respectfully disagree.

A.> We all lose in the end, whether we are good bad or indifferent.

B.> I do agree that anyone can make a mistake and that sometimes
that one mistake is all it takes. In that case it may be
a tragedy. Even worthy of sympathy. While I don't know for a
fact this was the guys 1st mistake odds are it wasn't. That
this was his usual motorcycle activity. Live by the sword,
die by the sword.
If he died performing some selfless act of sacrifice it would
be different. He died selfish, with no regard for the effect his
actions would have on others. Those that knew & cared for him.
Those like you or me that he neither knew or thought
would think twice about him.

C.> Sometimes the only way is to keep things cut & dried.
Cold & harsh. Life sucks...and it sure ain't fair.
Once the moment of decision comes & goes there is rarely
a chance to undo it. Pretty cut & dried to me.

D.> Respect is something you earn. You don't start with it
and then lose it. You start without it, then gain it, if worthy.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1073"|1095218525 -->

some people are just plain stupid!
hey if you her some one out side your house, dont open the door and look! call 911
lol
jk
but stll dont mess with va shes good people.

Back