Very Sad News

sageronin

Donating Member
Registered
My prayers go out to his family and friends!!

Motorcycle Accident Kills 21-Year-Old

By Amanda Mallonee
WHAG-TV

USA - NEAR FREDERICK, MD- A bizarre crash leaves a Frederick County motorcycle driver dead, and police wondering why he was riding down Rt. 340 half-naked.

Shaun Matlock, 21, was only wearing a T-shirt and sneakers as he and six of his friends made their way past the Mount Zion Road exit on 340.One wrong move on his motorcycle cost him his life.

Stunt riding down a stretch of Rt. 340 turned deadly Sunday evening."He was actually just coming down from doing a wheelie and when he came down he lost control and veered to the right toward where the tow truck was loading another vehicle," said Tpr. David Ward, the investigating officer in the accident.

The motorcycle would end up under the tow truck, and Matlock wouldn't survive."It appeared from his injuries that he struck his stomach, or his abdomen area struck the tail, or the rear of the bed," said Ward.

Matlock's body is now with the medical examiner in Baltimore for an autopsy, which will include a toxicology screening.Before you write him off as another kid getting into trouble, listen to his friends.

"If he knew you for two minutes or two years he'd always treat you like a great friend.He was the kind of person who was always willing to go the extra mile to help you out even before he helped himself out," said Donnie Rough, a friend of Matlock.

"He was more than just a friend, he was a lifetime brother.It's just too hard right now," said Brenton Heller, also a friend of Matlock.Matlock's friends added the daredevil part of Matlock was only 10 percent of who he was; the other 90 percent of Matlock was a great person and a great friend.

Matlock's friends and family will gather for a candlelight vigil Monday night at 8:00 p.m. in the parking lot of Famous Dave's in Frederick.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5993539/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5993539/[/b]

Rumor has it that he was stunting/riding 1/2 naked for a video shoot. I don't have the details but I guess it's not important now
sad.gif

does the idea of riding gearless make the stunt more interesting or more stupid???   man i just dont get it.....

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095129122 -->

Gearless or not, he is still a person with the same love that we all share, motorcycles, wether you agree or disagree it is still a tragedy. A lot of people would say the same thing about all of us if we crashed at 200mph. My prayers still go out to his family and freinds.
The only ASS I see here is you, lucky devil, with your big 55 post,s.

<!--EDIT|busa1300nut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095123228 -->

yep, very sad indeed but he knew the risk and took it anyway so there's not much i can say there. at least he didn't hurt anyone else that was not involve in the 'stunt' i.e., tow truck driver.

I guess youre right 1300 ... whenever we hear of someone getting hurt doing something we dont understand we find error and thoughtlessness. Nobody would think some of the thing we all do is very smart. sj

It's stupid but still sad, the kid didn't even begin to live life. I feel bad for his parents too, especially if they bought or cosigned for the bike. Back in highschool a friend of mine conned his older sister into cosigning for a crotchrocket. Kept it in another friends garage so his parents wouldn't find out.
He had that bike for about 2 weeks until his conscience got the best of him. He realized if he ever killed himself on that bike his sister would have to live with that for the rest of her life.

As far as this article goes, the cops said he was half naked? As in only T-shirt and shoes and nothing else? Hopefully it's just bad reporting and they meant half naked as in no riding gear. If that was a college prank gone bad...what a bizarre and humiliating way to go.

Gearless or not, he is still a person with the same love that we all share, motorcycles, wether you agree or disagree it is still a tragedy. A lot of people would say the same thing about all of us if we crashed at 200mph. My prayers still go out to his family and freinds.
WAVE WAVE WAVE    
brave.gif
   WAVE WAVE WAVE

I guess that makes me ASS No. 2
I feel the same as ld.
Can't say I even feel that we share "loves" .
I love to ride.
Seems like he was riding for his "love" of money.
Too stupid to even secure his stunt zone.
If "people" said that of "us" they might even be right.
However "people" have no real idea of how dangerous
ANY of our riding may or may not be.
We on the other hand are riders or are supposed to be.
So we are supposedly knowledgeable about said risks.
Therefore our opinions should hold more weight.
Doing something that increases the risk of an already
dangerous endeavor without both safety gear or a safe area
equals squid or ASS in my book.
Just because someone dies doing something dumb or stupid
doesn't entitle one to any "sympathy" only disdain.

Post 1071

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1071"|1095132220 -->

WAVE WAVE WAVE    
brave.gif
   WAVE WAVE WAVE

I guess that makes me ASS No. 2
I feel the same as ld.
Can't say I even feel that we share "loves" .
I love to ride.
Seems like he was riding for his "love" of money.
Too stupid to even secure his stunt zone.
If "people" said that of "us" they might even be right.
However "people" have no real idea of how dangerous
ANY of our riding may or may not be.
We on the other hand are riders or are supposed to be.
So we are supposedly knowledgeable about said risks.
Therefore our opinions should hold more weight.
Doing something that increases the risk of an already
dangerous endeavor without both safety gear or a safe area
equals squid or ASS in my book.
Just because someone dies doing something dumb or stupid
doesn't entitle one to any "sympathy" only disdain.

Post 1071
I guess in my book, I never feel sorry for the person who dies. What good does it do? They're dead.

Even if ASS #1 or ASS #2 does something stupid and winds up dead, I will still feel pain for the family and/or loved ones that are left behind.

We all do squid moves once in a while. This kid seems to have been the squidliest, but it is obvious that he left a lot of loved ones behind.

My condolences to them.

sad.gif

second that!

55 posts and already talking poop?
wtf you think?
beter yet don't tell us we don't wanna know!

55 posts and already talking poop?
wtf you think?
beter yet don't tell us we don't wanna know!
Just how many posts does one need before they can talk "poop"?
Disagree with the man because of WHAT he says, not because
of WHEN he says it.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1072"|1095162745 -->

I do feel for the family and friends of the recently departed rider.. may he R.I.P~ At the same time, I mean come on,  it is hard to have sympathy for a person freeballing while stunting on a bike~ Whether it be for a video or not.. some people will go to any extreem just for the attention~  You would think, if it was for a video, it would be under a more controlled environment~
sad.gif

Just my honest opinion... I hope I have enough posts to express it~

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095165375 -->

Just sad...sorry for his family and friends, and I wish he'd done that ride differently...
sad.gif

Back