Undertail exhaust

anticipating seeing the finished product as well! If I like it I may decide to copy you (with your blessing of course)
biggrin.gif

You may want to fuzz out your plate #s for those less than honest lurkers though  
sad.gif
You and me both. I can't wait till its done also. Hopefully everything works out in the morning. Worst comes worst we due the mid pipe all over. Thanks for everyones replies. Now just need to get it back and work on the brake light and turn signals.

Maybe I'll keep you guys in suspense for the next month.
tounge.gif
 After the bike is done.  It will be sent out to dyno tuned.  I have a extra set of Marchesinis that will be powder coated with a new paint scheme.  Everything hopefully done by mid June.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115396638 -->

tounge.gif

Looks cool...
cool.gif

... how are you goign the accomadate the turn signals & the break light
rock.gif

Lookin' good! That midpipe again your leg could be difficult. Don't keep us in suspense when its done!

I think your leg will be fine from the heat. Your pipe is running fairly close to where my HMF duals used to run. Looks good.

Damn that real nice I give you mad props for making that work! not sure if Im gonna do a custom exhaust mod, but I have a very unique way to do the exhaust myself! :-)

Finished the undertail. The shop made a completely new mid pipe. But this time worked better overall for function. Now there is no issue of clearance. Coated the mid pipe with high temp paint to protect the welds from corrision. Then wrapped the mid pipe in header wrap. It doesnt give out much heat at all. Now the tough part comes to try and figure out a brake light and turn signals.

More. Just need to finish painted the part of the header pipe where the mid pipe meets. Also need to find a replacement exhaust clamp. The shop only had the Horseshoe style clamps.

UT21.JPG

What's the performance like now?

It's my experience that Undertail exhausts aren't as good as straight/to-the-side pipes because of added weight (from extra pipe) not to mention the exhaust gasses going through all the twists and turns causing some fairly interesting bottlenecks. Just curious as to whether you've run into that or not.

Also, are you heat shielding the bits going through the undertail? Hate to see the back of it melting around the exhaust tips...
wow.gif

Looks good regardless. Good luck figuring out the back lights.

Does seem like I lost some low end but hope to remedy that this coming work week by taking it to get it some time on the dyno. Ill post the results. I didnt do it for more power but wanted something unique. Most guys around this area do the whole airbrush and chrome on there busas. I just wanted to change it up a bit. I got tired on the yosh pipe. I seems like everything suzuki is running a yosh pipe.

Back