Uh oh...

hydrabusa

Donating Member
Registered
Just finish install HID...but, when I'm doing the high beam, I think glass part or not, touched wall on the way in to the housing...
crazy.gif

mad.gif

So, is this mean I'm getting high beam burn out in a few hours? few weeks?  
rock.gif

So, if that happens, is the anyway we can get the replace parts? or I just ate the $$$  
crazy.gif

anyone knows what I do next...
rock.gif

PICT0540__Small_.JPG

crazy.gif

rock.gif

You mean you touched the glass of the bulb with your fingers?

Good question. I know your not supposed to touch halogens as the oil from yer fingers will shorten the life of the bulb... or so i've read.
rock.gif

Nuhh no...not the finger I grab the base part and moving in the housing and front somewhere was touching the sponge or plastic, I felt it on my hand...( I was swearing worse than Al Pacino...
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

It's the skins oil that causes a reaction in bulbs. Touching plastic shouldn't hurt it.

Yep, touching the halogen bulb with your hand will ruin it in a matter of a couple hours. The oils in your skin do something to the glass.

(hydrabusa @ Mar. 13 2007,15:27) Nuhh no...not the finger I grab the base part and moving in the housing and front somewhere was touching the sponge or plastic, I felt it on my hand...( I was swearing worse than Al Pacino...
mad.gif

biggrin.gif
I would not think you would have a problem if the bulb just touched the housing.........
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

like everyone said so far-if it WAS your finger/skin that touched, pull it back out n rinse with a lil alchohol, but if it just touched plastic-u shud be ok...if it rubbed against some spongy stuff thats dirty, id still try to take it out n re-inspect bulb-if she looks ok Id put it back n cross my fingers.

I'll ask G about this next time i talk w/him...let ya know about spare parts n stuff soon.

the oils from your hands create a "hotspot" of sorts on the bulb and that is what kills them, if it touched plastic then you have no worries. Good luck!

The alcohol should do the trick. Unless you already lite the bulb. That might be a problem

Just FYI... my link to the Group Buy has vanished so from now on all support/questions will now be handled on ExtremeBusa

+1 on the oils from your fingers make a hot spot and burn out the bulb.

(BigGeorge @ Mar. 13 2007,17:44) The alcohol should do the trick. Unless you already lite the bulb. That might be a problem

Just FYI... my link to the Group Buy has vanished so from now on all support/questions will now be handled on ExtremeBusa
It didnt dissappear I removed it.... Your not a sponsor and you are selling product here.

Simple rules.....

CAp

Simple rules?

I asked permission from Shawn, and then I went through KS just like he told me to before posting the Group Buy. I'm well aware I'm not a sponsor but as I said, I asked permission weeks before I posted the Group Buy.

The thread had over 500 posts... how did you not know that I was running a Group Buy Doug?

And I don't recall XenonKing being a sponsor.

(BigGeorge @ Mar. 13 2007,20:16) Simple rules?

I asked permission from Shawn, and then I went through KS just like he told me to before posting the Group Buy. I'm well aware I'm not a sponsor but as I said, I asked permission weeks before I posted the Group Buy.

The thread had over 500 posts... how did you not know that I was running a Group Buy Doug?

And I don't recall XenonKing being a sponsor.
Last time I checked the first post said the group buy was over, I have left that post up for a long time...... It seems that we have split our ways and you have other interest now Im not sure I see the problem. What  needs do you have to keep that post up other than to get more business or discuss your products? I think that you have a place to do that now why keep posting here?

cap

Back