Tritium (H-3) - Walking around land mines?

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I am starting to get more paranoid than normal. :banghead:

I go to logon to my computer this morning and I hear the low humming frequency, as soon as I move my mouse to pull it out of sleep mode I can hear the audible change in the frequency. This reminds of how this unseen energy is being released. It makes me wonder if this energy being released can in anyway be harmful to me.

Then I receive this email about the nuclear regulatory committee requirement for accountably for all Tritium Exit signs.

I don’t know what a tritium exit sign is, but this peaks my curiosity so I search for it and find this.

Tritium Exit Signs

Here is the US NRC fact sheet on tritium

NRC: Fact Sheet on Tritium EXIT Signs

I love the following excerpt taking from the above link:

"Tritium EXIT signs pose little or no threat to public health and safety and do not constitute a security risk. However, the NRC requires proper recordkeeping and disposal of all radioactive materials. Proper handling and recordkeeping are important, because a damaged or broken sign could cause mild radioactive contamination of the immediate vicinity, requiring a potentially expensive clean up. "

I like the key words "little or no threat" I am thinking I prefer the no threat option.

And the whole "mild radioactive contamination of the immediate vicinity, requiring a potentially expensive clean up" does not give me a wam fuzzy at all

So I am thinking "Hey!! I am around these signs all the time!! I never knew they were radioactive!!"

If I ran across a broke one I wouldn’t know that it required a hazardous material team for clean up (I do now)

Then I thought back on how it was only a year ago I found out the new CFL bulbs (new energy efficient light bulbs) contain hazardous material that if broke require hazmat clean up.

heck I have been using those bulbs for over 2 years, have broke a few, just swept it up and threw the pieces in the trash. I never knew until a year ago I shouldn’t do that (still not clear what to do with a broken CFL bulb)

Then I think about all the other radio waves passing through our bodies all the time.

We all know when we get X-rays we are told that high doses can cause sterility. We have all heard there is still controversy in regards to cell phone use and if the power emanating from cell phones are strong enough to cause any damage from long term exposure.

I just feel like more and more we as humans are walking through mind fields where one wrong step could be the last.

Last edited:
It was worse, in 40s shoe stores had fluoroscopes, you could see thru shoes and feet.
and NRI nasal radium irradiation, I had that one, and I'm lucky to have reached my age
of 69. Lot of kids didn't. watches and aircraft dials were painted with radium and the
girl painters all died.

Ok, go read some of these Even Notification Reports... NRC: Event Notification Reports

You won't have to look very hard before you start finding reports about those signs being lost. Really though, Tritium isn't so bad. Not in this application anyway. And it has a very short half-life of only about 12.3 years. That's why night sights on your guns don't last forever. Also, Tritium emits Beta radiation through its process of decay. Beta is easily shielded by materials such as plastic. Gamma radiation is the stuff you really need to watch out for. :thumbsup:

Technology is growing faster than ever~!~

The warnings that come with this new found knowledge come years too late~!~

Think about all the crap we consume that is not yet FDA approved. 5 years down the road they come out with a warning or a ban saying it's not safe and can cause issues down the road.

Technology is growing faster than ever~!~

The warnings that come with this new found knowledge come years too late~!~

Think about all the crap we consume that is not yet FDA approved. 5 years down the road they come out with a warning or a ban saying it's not safe and can cause issues down the road.

Hmm thanks for cheering me up and making me feel better :banghead:

But seriously, that is the kind of things I think about. We as humans tend to dive head first into things and worry about the consequences later.

Just wondering if all these particle emissions our bodies are being subject to on a daily basis will prove to be no big deal, or will sometime in the future they will figure out they have genetically damaged the human race causing irreparable damage to our ability to reproduce.

I need no night light~!~ Need no solar~!~

My shoot glows~!~ Saves on the electric bill~!!~ :laugh:

Seriously though...I see where you're coming from. I grew up being iffy about Mercury~!~ Don't bite the daggone thermometer mom says~!~

Was watching a show last night about a clock that was made 100 years ago. They had to stop making them because of the process. Was found that all the clock makers were dying in there 20's. Clock now cost $10,000 and called the death clock. Think that was on Pawn Stars, maybe true, maybe not...but interesting~!~

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with having a few pistols under each pillow in the house...or behind every door and in every drawer...I mean .......:laugh:

Back