Tough Situation

Not much new happening right now. They have decided to keep Levi in a medical coma of sorts. Basically knocking him out with drugs so he doesn't feel anything. He doesn't look good right now, but I think that has a lot to do with all of the equipment hooked to him. Being so small makes it look worse. I am waiting to hear what the neurologist has to say. But I don't think they will know his results till this afternoon.

God bless the little one - prayers from the UK. Yes, it does put everyday life into perspective.

Standing by for more info, bro. Thanks for the occasional updates.

Just got home. They have removed him from ICU. The neurologist saw him, but I don't know what the results of that were, they are still discussing it. The doctors think they might be able to do the surgery next week.

They don't know why he recovered, so thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, it makes a difference.

The family is doing a bit better since he was taken out of ICU, it feels like a big burden has been lifted and the odds aren't so long now. It's still a dangerous surgery, and he still has to recover, but the outlook is much better. The doctors have stopped talking about letting him pass on.

Once again, thanks for the prayers and support.

Just got home. They have removed him from ICU. The neurologist saw him, but I don't know what the results of that were, they are still discussing it. The doctors think they might be able to do the surgery next week.

They don't know why he recovered, so thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, it makes a difference.

The family is doing a bit better since he was taken out of ICU, it feels like a big burden has been lifted and the odds aren't so long now. It's still a dangerous surgery, and he still has to recover, but the outlook is much better. The doctors have stopped talking about letting him pass on.

Once again, thanks for the prayers and support.

Jeff: Your words brought me a relief I didn't realize I'd feel. I guess I've been kinda stressin' for you, brother. Thanks for the news.

Evidently everyone's good energy is helping. Keep it up, folks. The edge of the woods is near.

Jeff: Your words brought me a relief I didn't realize I'd feel. I guess I've been kinda stressin' for you, brother. Thanks for the news.

Evidently everyone's good energy is helping. Keep it up, folks. The edge of the woods is near.
Yeah, it was a big relief to hear them say they were moving him.

Thanks for the support sir.

Now I am off to bed. My body is sore and aching from lack of sleep and the emotional rollercoaster.

Yeah, it was a big relief to hear them say they were moving him.

Thanks for the support sir.

Now I am off to bed. My body is sore and aching from lack of sleep and the emotional rollercoaster.

Peace.

As of this morning no status changes. Just awaiting the decision on when they can do the surgery. The waiting game continues.

On the positive side the family is doing much better. With things settling and no imment death issues to deal with it's made for a more relaxed atmosphere. Both of my cousins parents are in town, as well as some other close relatives. So a support network of sorts is there, not just those of us who were in town at the time.

Will post if I hear anything. I am back to work today so I will be the last to know.

For those still watching

As of late last night Levi's heart is enlarged. I don't know how much. They just said enlarged. But they are scheduling surgery for Monday. Which makes it a bit of an urgent thing. Mondays at the childrens hospital is only ear, nose and throat surgeries. They don't schedule heart surgery on Mondays at all. My dad used to work up there, so we know a little insider info on these things. They just have to clear an operating room for first thing Monday morning. He was labeled a priority surgery though, so clearing one will not be an issue.

Hope all turns out well. Prayers sent. It's nice to have a little inside info in these situations.

Thanks for the update JC! I have been thinking of you and your family. As a mom I can not even fathom what your family must be going through. Stay strong and keep the faith!

Back