Tough Situation

Levi's neurology reports have come back, and it isn't good. There is massive brain damage. At this point, I am not sure what all this means. If this means the Katie and Kevin (his parents) are now going to have to decide to take him off life support...if this means they are still going through with the surgery...or what. We are waiting here for phone calls. It doesn't look hopeful for his long term survival. BUT, being the person who tries to find the silver and golden linings in every cloud, here are my thoughts:

Any other child with this disease rarely lives to see their first birthday. In fact, they don't live past a month. Our family has been blessed to have 15 amazing months with Levi. And, if someone didn't tell you that he was sick...you would have never known. He was always smiling. And always happy. It was rare to see him out of sorts. The few times that Jeff and I have actually gotten see him outside the hospital, he has been a sweet and amazing boy. We are truly blessed to have been able to have him around. If this is the end of his short life, I know that we were blessed. And I know that his parents did everything they could to make it a happy life.

So, thank you again for all of your prayers. AND, for those of you on the Little Levi thread, I will post up in there some ideas for your generosity, if you still want to give. However, please know that your prayers have been more generous than we can express. We are so thankful for everyone on this thread going through this with us. You guys ROCK!

:hug: and lots of prayers for Levi and his family. :please: Levi is blessed for having such an amazingly strong and loving family.

Last edited:
We are still praying for little Levi and his family here in Austin. I have said it before, I could not imagine what his parents are going through. Children should not have to endure things like this.

We are still praying for little Levi and his family here in Austin. I have said it before, I could not imagine what his parents are going through. Children should not have to endure things like this.

+ 1,000,000

Levi is in my thoughts, prayers and heart...I hope for better news; kids should not have to go through this...

Hey guys, no real update for the moment. He is still alive and still in ICU. We are expecting to know more this afternoon. Thanks again for all of your prayers.

Back