tires

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Continental Attacks... what do you guys think about them, I can get them at a reasonable price $342.

That's no bargain! $342 will buy much better tires (IMO), Dunlop Qualifiers, Pirelli Corsa III's, Bridgestone BT016's and the list goes on!

Personally, I would not go with cheap tires. Tires are the only thing between you and disaster!

i didnt know the were a cheap tire lol. There at my local dealership and they felt pretty soft so i though they were good. I'm not a twisty guy just normal crusin and straight line speed so i want something sticky for the rear and a good turning tire for the front.

That's pretty expensive...you can get a well reviewed/recommended tire set considerably cheaper. Motoxoutlet is a good start. Even Cycle Gear has better tires cheaper than this.

Last edited:
BT016's were $225.. have not run them yet, but I have run the Dunlop Qualifiers (not a great choice for your straight line cruising IMO) Fantastic tire if you are going to be playing around corners but pretty soft and wear pretty quickly.

I also ran the Corsa3's and they do a lot better on the "straight line" mileage if you do not beat on them.. I was paying $250 a set but they shot up in to the low to mid $300 range (ouch) Most excellent feeling tire and will not disappoint you..

You might want to look at the Avon Storms.. Many of the left coast guys are raving about them (have not run them myself) but lots of guys getting over 5-7K with great manners..

i didnt know the were a cheap tire lol. There at my local dealership and they felt pretty soft so i though they were good. I'm not a twisty guy just normal crusin and straight line speed so i want something sticky for the rear and a good turning tire for the front.

Based on this info I would highly recommend the BT021 or Avon Storms. They will both offer good corner grip and good tread life.

That's no bargain! $342 will buy much better tires (IMO), Dunlop Qualifiers, Pirelli Corsa III's, Bridgestone BT016's and the list goes on!

Personally, I would not go with cheap tires. Tires are the only thing between you and disaster!

They are actually very good tires Bro!!!

Depends on the type of riding he does...for the TRUE Canyon Carver that needs the utmost traction, there are stickier skins that you can get for $342 or less...if he rides more like the Sport Touring/Touring crowd, the Conti's are a GREAT choice...a well made tire with good grip and very durable. He should be able get twice the mileage vs. most sport tires.

Check with cycle gear about 2 weeks ago i got a set of pirelli diablo for 217.00 TYD.:thumbsup:

Based on this info I would highly recommend the BT021 or Avon Storms. They will both offer good corner grip and good tread life.
Not sure I could back the BT021's yet.. I really did not like the tire and the mileage was not very good.. BS has "reportedly" fixed the compounding issue on the front tire but still waiting to hear from some of the guys that are running them (I have a new set on the floor here).. here is the front tire with under 4K on it..

DSC_0004.JPG

just coming up to 6k on my storms, with 2mm left , would probably go for another set. also they dont seem to square off to much :thumbsup:

Check with cycle gear about 2 weeks ago i got a set of pirelli diablo for 217.00 TYD.:thumbsup:

i got a set of these during that sale but they were only 187.00 i havent rode them yet but will test them out tomorrow

i got a set of these during that sale but they were only 187.00 i havent rode them yet but will test them out tomorrow
Mine were like 189.00 and then with shipping was like 217.00 , I got them for my 1000, just put the front on so far, and it seems great, and you sure couldnt beat the price.

I have a set of conti road attacks with over 7k on them with another 1500 miles left. I like them but I'm no canyon carver neither. More hwy riding to and from work with the weekend cruise. Next tires will probably be the avon storms, some seem to get more miles with them.

with the bt021's i only got 3,000 miles out of the rear tire and i just changed the front at 12,000, and thats no hard launches or wheelies. I put a shinko on there and i got about 7,000 out of it and its a pretty sticky tire.

Back