continental tires what do u guys/girls think about them

I was running a set on my 240 Busa. The front didn't wear so well. Found out there was a recall on the fronts. Unfortunately my series tire was not part of the recall. So I bought a Q3 for the front. The back tire is great. They stop making the ones that I have now but the replacement is suppose to be just as good. I had the race attacks.

I'm all street but I have a turbo on that bike. So spirited street riding would be better.

good for spirited street rider no issues...wear is decent as well.

spirited meaning thew occasional knee drag possibly rear tire only etc....ya know hoodlum riding.... :laugh:

i have had maybe 6 sets of motions. great harder tire for the busa for daily street riding. not bad at all and great price. but this last set of tires i switched to shinko ravens. much better tires IMHO for a daily ride. much better cold and hot traction, smoother turns, seems to be wearing better. both great tires for $200 a set. i had some other contis but not on a busa so i cant comment about them

Worst tire I ever tried. Our group likes the Michelin Pilot Road 2,3,or 4s. we have a dry climate here so the 2's work great here. They are more money but the 3's and 4's are probably the best tire you can get for wet conditions. And yes they work great in dry conditions to.

Ok so I just got my set of Continental Sport Attack 3 DOT 2016 and went into mountains in order to try them.
IMG_20160918_122803.jpg IMG_20160918_122817.jpg

First I was travelling on wet road, had rained up to six AM so there was still alot of water. I could see my rear tyre lifting water from the asphalt.. (really I could see since at a certain point i borrowed my Busa to my mate and he gave me his own Ducati 998 S4R Testastretta).
Later we (me and him, swapped again back to owners) started ramping up mountain streets up to 1.000~ meters (3.280ft), turns, backturns, leaning and so on.

Felt progressively more comfortable and able to increase speed and so on.. we stopped to eat something local at a restaurant and hit later Rolle Pass at nearly 2.000 meters (6.500ft). Then went back for a different route, more turns more faster, down to Falcade, Agordo, Belluno, some rain aswell, then highway where I tested up to 300km/h the tyres (187mph) .
giro.jpg
IMG_20160917_WA0014.jpgIMG_20160917_135438.jpgScreenshot_2016_09_17_13_56_59.png

So the bike leans very easily but without the feeling of dropping off.
The tyre also didn't seem too much worn off after 360kms (and another previous 50kms).

I'm pretty happy about them. For the notice, 120/70/17 was 96€ (107$ around) and 190/50/17 was 138€ (154$ around).

Back