Tire Size For Track 180 or 190?

DeWarrior

Registered
On the road I have run both the 180 and 190 Pilot Power, and like the 180 better. The 180 is a little quicker (turning in), and I haven't noticed any negatives.

For a track day coming up I plan on running Power Race medium softs, but I am wondering about the size for the rear.
Is there any reason I should stick with the 190? The Busa is a big bike and not designed for the track. For example is the 190 safer when it comes to serious abuse under track conditions due to the weight of the Busa? I am not an expert and will only be racing myself so I would lean towards safety rather than all out performance.

Thanks for any Insights!

On a busa? Both will work. I've raced and done very well with the 180's. The 190 does have a larger contact patch on the rear tire though and will feel a bit better for most people with the 6" rear rims. I mainly use 180 based on convenience. The 190 is a slightly better tire.

What do you mean the busa wasnt made for that kind of riding. mine loves it. stick with a 190! you will run out of tire alittle sonner with a 180.

If you're going to spend the money on power race tires, go for the 190/55. Not the 190/50 but the 190/55. It gives you a larger footprint on the side of the tire instead of the center and will keep that quicker turn-in that you like in the 180/55.

190/55 would be the best choice,  180/55 and 190/50 are kind of a toss up...the 180/55 is
going to turn in quicker, the 190/50 will probably last a little longer
wink.gif

I ordered a 190X55 by mistake one time and it really felt good at the gap. I think I'm going back to it.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back