Tips fer my Munsta Garage?

Yeah fire extinguishers came in handy for me, last year actually.
Electrical room caught on fire, caused by an open neutral on hydro's side....not our fault.
Anyhow, it caught on fire and I was able to keep it under control till the fire department got here.
I'd tell ya the whole story, but you wouldn't believe me, I hardly believe it myself, but I was there.
Used 8 extinguishers in the 14 mins it took for the FD to get here, and I was the only one home. :eek:

best wrench:
272wrench.jpg

272shine-med.jpg

:drink:

Ahh! My turn..Just bought a house..with a large two car garage...2/3's of it is mine....Gonna do the wood ramp thing...2x4's and plywood...get it up!!!!Tunes, couch,fridge,etc. Have some good tool's,floor jack n' stuff..gonna do the poster thing..will send pic's when done..
All for the love of the Busa..and thanks again Captain..got mah' shirts today.Thanx..Pace.. :drink:

Ahh! My turn..Just bought a house..with a large two car garage...2/3's of it is mine....Gonna do the wood ramp thing...2x4's and plywood...get it up!!!!Tunes, couch,fridge,etc. Have some good tool's,floor jack n' stuff..gonna do the poster thing..will send pic's when done..
All for the love of the Busa..and thanks again Captain..got mah' shirts today.Thanx..Pace.. :drink:
adda Boy Pace...go get it....

But why only 2/3 of it...hee hee hee...nevermind .

She'll be awesome....i can tell...

A man needs his cave .

Have a good 1 Pace......RSD.

Man... I really expected to see some killer tips & pics in this topic. I guess the thread got a little jacked tho, huh?

OK Maybe I am just a chimp for Craftsman, but I really like their professional line of tool chests. Ball Bearings and some real nice features. Of course their tools and stuff. I dunno, everytime I have ever broken a craftsman tool they have lived up to their end of the deal, I carry it in and walk right out with a new one. No arguments. I like that.

Yeah, I need to go check out some boxes. Can't hurt to check out the Craftsman line-up. I've had some of their tools for years. I've only broke a couple pieces but like you said, they hooked me up with a replacement without hassle. I just bought a Husky ratchet/socket set. Supposed to be guaranteed "forever" according to the box and they seem like good pieces. I guess we'll see how much hassle it'll be to get broken stuff replaced. Bought the set at Home Depot. It's usually no hassle to get things returned/replaced there anyway.

Here's what's in mine.
I use most of the tools on a daily basis or very near daily, wreching equipment and building equipment on the farm.....then of course building or modifying toys at night.
Arc welder
MIG welder
6.5 hp aircompressor with huge tanks
small compressor
floor mount drill press
steel chop saw
gas handheld chop saw
4 hand drills
2 mini grinders
1 7" grinder
1 bench grinder
2 sawzall's
skill saw
table saw
band saw
2 bench mount spindle sanders
jointer/planer
scroll saw
3 staple guns
2 routers
router table
4 medium roller cabs of hand tools...wrenches, screwdrivers, tapes, squares, files, levels, drill bits, punches, hammers, prybars, and such
2 adjustable honing stones
valve spring clamp
ring compressors
sandblaster
suspension spring compressors
electrical wire, tape, and connectors
tons of air tools
one man bleeder
dwell meter
ohm meter
voltage meter
3 curcuit testers
3 floor jacks
1 jackall
4 bottle jacks
c clamps and slide clamps
2 engine stands
engine crane
2 rivet guns
assortment of hand bodywork tools
2 slide hammers
1 hvlp gun
1 normal
masking paper and tape
water seperator
Beer fridge
40' bench space
1 5x7 steel welding table for jigs and such
6 different sizes of oil filter wrenches
8 jack stands
vaccuum cleaner
pressure washer
2 random orbit polishers
1 high speed polisher
permanent make shift paint booth......works awesome.
and probably a hundred things I'm forgetting

Future purchases
Hoist
TIG welder
wood Lathe
multi purpose milling machine
planer......not jointer/planer
permanent proper spray booth
Newer beer fridge.
another beer fridge, fer when RSD visits.
Nice, But where's your Vise?  :tounge:

I have some of them thangs'

but mainly just stuff..

Vacuum guages
dwell
2- digital meters(ohm/v- ac/dc)
2- dc testlights
1- timing light
1- trickle charger
1- full size charger
3- drop lights
1- clamp on light
3- bench swivel lights, 1 w/magnifying lens
1- parts washer
1- 5 hp large tank compressor, and numerous air tools
1- electrical terms kit
3- sets of shelving for bike parts
2- peg boards running on different walls for various tools/parts
1- 10' work bench
over head cabinets runing down one wall of garage for storage, chems, etc.
1- corded die grinder 4" or 6" can't remember
3- bench grinders, all with different wheels for diff. tasks.
3- 1/2" chucked drills corded
2- 3/8" chucked drills corded
1- 1/2" chcucked 18v cordless DeWalt
1- sawzall corded
1- 18V Cordless Sawzall
1- stand alone fuel cell w/ petcock, for working on bikes with tanks off
3- sets of fuel/vacuum line pinchers (they set to close vac/fuel movement)
complete set of C-Clamps ( all sizes made)
1- 10" Vise that rotates 360* lateral & vertical
Complete sets of ball peen hammers
partial Brass punch sets
complete steel punch sets
metal marking pen, also etches glass
metal marking stamps ( a-z, 0-9, caps and lower case)
Complete airbrush setup ( one day i will have time to use it :sad: )
1- Compression tester
2- different size sets of Honing tools
2- different sizes of Ring Compression tools
4- sets, diff sizes of harmonic, wheels pullers
1- set steel feeler guages
1- set non metallic (brass) feeler guages
1- manual valve angle grinder
1- mechanical valve angle grinder
1- Complete roll around tool chest, tooooooo many tools to list here, it would take up too much room..
I am sure I am missing alot of my tools referring to bike use only..  :tounge:
Don't forget the measuring cups for oil, and other fluids..
more funnel various sizes than I can remember.
2- Oil catch tanks, 1- 15 qt (oil), 1- 6qt (transfluid)
1- open catch tank for antifreeze
scrolling jig saws, non scrolling jig saws
1- corded flat sheet sander
complete set of brushes from large to small, steel & brass
1- lrg bag of steel wool, various compounds for polishing, waxing, etc.
stock of angle iron, and aluminum
2- sets of organizing bins for misc bolts, etc.
1- rack for helmets
1- set of Ez-Outs
2- complete sets of Tap N Dies, metric, & Standard

dude I would go on, but my fingers hurt...

Oh did I mention the stand for the Busa?
or the restored 73' Super Beetle in my Dang WAY!

ramps, lifts, stands, etc. got em just gotta find em in this packed large 2 car garage  :coffee:  

anyways, that's some of the stuff, have alot more, but I can go any direction you want to here about :p j/k but not..hehe

Peace,
Busafied

Good gosh, busafied! You and MSF come prepared! :cool:

Hey, what kind of airbrushes do you have. I have all of Iwata's best stuff. Great brushes! :cool:

Badger 150, had a 200 series also but it got loaned out and never made it back :cussing:  

Hence the rules of this garage, "Don't bother asking, cause I am just gonna say .. H#&& NO!!"

but for my Busa brethren, I might make an acception... hmmm hhehe
I also have tons of small engine tools, and other crap, like chain saws  :bounce:  gotta have atleast 1 chain saw, never know when a neighbor is gonna piss me off  oh and the Chain saw blade sharpener Efco (Italian) gotta keep those chain saw blades SHARP!

Oh did I mention.. well better I don't ,.. ;)

like I said, I am a person, wel maybe that is ummmm, mutiple personality thingamajig  

Dunno I like to be a to repair or learn how to repair ANYTHING I wish to, then completely without remorse dissasemble it with my sawzallz and other tools when they don't work properly..

Take my 81 GS750 E that when into my Trash cans.. piece by meniscule piece..

T.TheT.T.T.M.

:type:

Can't wait for those pics...

poop, I think I will move next door to MSF or Busafied.  If I could ever get out of this rathole called Enterprise AL.

Back to topic.  I just bought a new roller cab and top chest, craftsmans, and about $800.00 worth of tools.  All craftsman.  MSF and Busafied thanks for the list.  I really really feel inadequte now.  :D :D

No really, thanks for the list.  gives me somewhere to start also.

Tony

Heeeehe, my pleasure, reminds me I have this crap to use  

Also Don't forget the cutting/brazing torches!

full set of guages and vacuum for ac systems.. oh wait that's for my cages  :alcoholic:

Nut splitters

Chain breaker/riviter tool

soldering irons, 3 one with each purpose & tips

wires, switches, leds, socket boards, enclosres for said thingies

Dremels!!! OMG DRemels!!! how could I forget those..
I have 2 and one Cable attachment to get the detail work done.. more wheels, and crap then I can think I should ever buy for them dremels   :eek:

Rags- Cloth & Paper, and a flamable container for when they are dirty.

levels various sizes

mics

Oh crap the plastic strips you put in your bearing journals, to check clearances, etc (see i don't even use them, why do I have them ??)

magnetic holding trays for small parts while working on said Bike.

extending mag, pichers for dropped parts

Roll around stool

dude.. I am tired again, please don't make me go back out in that garage  

ok, crap.. fingers still taxed from lastnight..

need anymore Ideas, I am sure I can find them somewhere in this "chaos", know to many but me.. as a Man's Garage

Peace,
Busafied

PS... I forgot the most IMPORTANT THING OF ALL!!!!!!!!!
CHEAP Brand of Kitty Liter, it's 1/3 rd the price of Absorbant, and is the same crap, does the same or better IMHO..

Oh and for you to think about.. where so you put that oil until you get to the auto parts house, and your catch is full?:super: Solution> into Empty 2 liter Soda bottles..

l8r.. B

Good gosh, busafied! You and MSF come prepared!  :cool:

Hey, what kind of airbrushes do you have. I have all of Iwata's best stuff. Great brushes!  :cool:
Hey cool......total coincidence........one of my friends from down the road just bought an Iwata brush........I hadn't even heard of it till he bought his, then I read this.....hasn't used it yet, but really excited about it.....set him back a fair chunk too.
He said I can borrow it to spray the top of my rollcage where my big spray guns won't reach......should work good.
It even came in a very fancy case with everything you could possibly need in it. :beerchug: :thumbsup:

Yeah, Iwata is the shtuff in airbrushes. Best I've used... I have way too many dollars tied up in those tidy little cases full of airbrushes and accessories considering that I haven't touched them in over two years. I started to sell them but I just know that I will eventually want to do some painting again. In fact, it prolly won't be too long... ;)

Here's a little tip fer ya when you spray them bars. Don't know if you've ever used an airbrush before, but you always want to thin the paint a bit more than you would for a big gun. Sometimes you have to reduce it by up to 100% more than normal to get it to spray right. Not really a problem on solid colors but it can play hell on metallics. :eek:

Yeah, Iwata is the shtuff in airbrushes. Best I've used... I have way too many dollars tied up in those tidy little cases full of airbrushes and accessories considering that I haven't touched them in over two years. I started to sell them but I just know that I will eventually want to do some painting again. In fact, it prolly won't be too long...  ;)

Here's a little tip fer ya when you spray them bars. Don't know if you've ever used an airbrush before, but you always want to thin the paint a bit more than you would for a big gun. Sometimes you have to reduce it by up to 100% more than normal to get it to spray right. Not really a problem on solid colors but it can play hell on metallics.  :eek:
Oh great.....now I'm scared.
I have metallic charcoal......then I added 50oz of fine white pearl........gives it amazing depth, but very hard to spray.......first coat under the truck was kinda blotchy, but turned out perfect after 2nd and 3rd.........yer freakin me out dude.
I guess I'll do a test panel with the brush, then I'll paint a bar with the brush, b4 I start the cage. aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, definitely do a test panel first. According to what size needle/nozzle combo he's runnin' in the brush it might not spray metallic colors well even when overreduced by 100%. Don't mean to wreck yer plans, just want you to know up front that it might be tricky. ;) :beerchug:

Back