Tips fer my Munsta Garage?

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
It's been a while since I had a hot rod toy to wrench on so when I built my home last year I made my garage plenty big, but didn't pimp it out. Since gettin' the busa I have rediscovered the joys of tinkerin' wit' toys as a hobby. So, now I wanna pimp out the garage and make a busa nest out of one side of it. You know, my own munsta garage, if you will. That's where you guys come in.

I just know that some of you must have killa nests and speed labs fer yer busa, as well as yer other toys. How about sharin' some tips, photos even better, of yer speed labs and trick work benches/cabinets, floor coverings/coatings, etc...

Also, I've already started supplementing my tools with stuff to use on the busa. If you have any good tool tips let's have those as well. A big new rollin' tool chest is on my short list. Want a really nice one for a change. I've always went with cheaper ones and could have bought a nice 'un fer what I've spent on the cheap'uns. I want a nice, solid box with silky smooth drawer slides. Any recommendations there?

Don't be shy, let's see, or hear about them labs!

:super:

Wait, I fergot the most important thing! Tunes! Ya gotta have some bad azz tunes playin' when yer wrenchin' on ANYTHING.  

As much as I'd like to rattle the core of the earth while I'm workin'/washin', it prolly wouldn't be in my best interest to get the cops called out by the neighbors, if you know what I mean. ;)

I kinda had one of those flat Bose things in mind. Sumthin' that'll sound good but not take up my work bench space. Anybody have/had one of the flat wall mount systems? Are they ok for what I wanna do?

Any other low space eatin' options that sound good? :super:

Every garage needs a lift:
272MVC-008F-med.JPG
 :super:

I thought about that. I've looked at a couple of the hydraulic bike lifts. That's on the long list, though, after some other stuff is paid off. Great suggestion though! :cool:

Bike lifts are cool but if you get one big enough for a car you can lift your bike too! The lift in the picture is relatively cheap $1500 and will lift 6000 lbs.  :beerchug:

...a refrigerator with a tap on the front door for your keg?!

Would that be a priority?! :D

:bounce:

BT....get some bike specific things,if yer done messin' with cars for a bit .
Like: a 4 dial vacuum gage fer settin' injection and yer friends carbs . A tire machine , Busa's gobble up the rubber,buy tires cheap on the net or at the track and save yerself a bundle over the yrs on mount&balace . Next, of course you need a balancer . A chain breaker or equivelant,Busa's use up some chain .And a riviting tool(for the drive chain). You can make a bench up pretty easy that will allow you to roll yer bike up to a more workable height ( you can make one from 2x4s and plywood). Make drop-out sections at each end to aid the removal of wheels.
I could draw up somethin' for ya if ya wanted .
A TV up in the corner is always nice for catchin' some Speedvision while yer out in the shop goofin around . You can make yer own anodizing equipment for like 50 bucks . You could get yerself a TIG welder and a bender and a die grinder etc , and start makin' custom parts(chain gaurds,streched swingarms etc) . You could get into air-brushin if yer artistic . Etching tools...you know to write Hayabusa on mirrors or windscreens. A machine for sewing cool stuff onto seats (Kanji's an' stuff) . For me these would all be fun things , usefull things , and could make you a couple bucks in the process . Which in turn,buys more tools,which makes you even happier , which gets you more....

which is why some people do more coke,
so they can work longer hours,
so they can make more money,
so they can do more coke,
so they can work longer......

hee hee hee....
hav a good 1....RSD.

Sum good suggestions there, RSD. Especially the TIG and some metal working stuff. I enjoy the hell outta that kinda thing. Most of my metal working has been making patch panels and such fer cages but I'd love to do some custom stuff.

I have the airbrushes and paint stuff. Been into that fer a long time! I haven't taken the time to get as good with the airbrushes as I'd like to be but I can play a little. ;)

I really want to get set up to do ALL my own maintainance on the busa. I don't care about doin' mechanic work for others, I just want to do my own. I'd also like to do some custom paint for other folks'. Wouldn't mind buyin', fixin' up and sellin' a few bikes fer extra $$ as well. I've done it with cars, why not bikes? :cool:

In the next year or so I plan to build a shop behind my house and get a lot more serious with the custom bike painting thing. That's when the serious lifts and such will come into play. I'd love to see yer ideas for the homebuilt bike bench tho, if you don't mind messin' around with it.

Hmmm... Why do I suddenly see images of my entire garage being a busa nest, instead of just one side of it? :super: :cool:

o ya...if its gonna be a true MUNSTA Garage , are ya gonna have these parked outside...

Family2a1.jpg

Back