Tips fer my Munsta Garage?

Yeah, definitely do a test panel first. According to what size needle/nozzle combo he's runnin' in the brush it might not spray metallic colors well even when overreduced by 100%. Don't mean to wreck yer plans, just want you to know up front that it might be tricky.  ;)  :beerchug:
Well, the good thing bout it is, you can't even see the top of the cage........to close to roof of cab........I'm jus bein picky and want paint up there........most caged vehicles don't have any paint at all up there.
Think what I'll do is airbrush the cage top, best I can then shoot the entire interior right after that, should be able to bury what doesn't look perfect........I hope. ;)

Another tip, if you have a siphon feed cup gun... Turn the paint feed down low and adjust the pattern to almost round, but still slightly oblong, then just get the top of the gun as close to the roof as possible and gently blow (Dang, I got cold chills there... :laugh: ) paint on top of the bar as far over as possible, then while it's still wet, go ahead and adjust the gun back to normal and spray the rest of the bar normally. Getting some paint up there and then painting the rest while it's still wet should pretty much cover the bar tops and then blend the rest of the paint in without much if any overspray on top.

Make sense at all? :super:

Another tip, if you have a siphon feed cup gun... Turn the paint feed down low and adjust the pattern to almost round, but still slightly oblong, then just get the top of the gun as close to the roof as possible and gently blow (Dang, I got cold chills there... :laugh: ) paint on top of the bar as far over as possible, then while it's still wet, go ahead and adjust the gun back to normal and spray the rest of the bar normally. Getting some paint up there and then painting the rest while it's still wet should pretty much cover the bar tops and then blend the rest of the paint in without much if any overspray on top.

Make sense at all? :super:
Perfect sense.......I'll try that instead I think......never even thought of that........thanks dude......I owe ya.
btw.......do you ever use a marble in yer siphon feed to keep the paint mixed a li'l better???

I've used a marble but I couldn't tell any difference other than the noise it makes rollin' around in the cup. I tend to swirl the cup between sprayin', kinda like swirlin' a fine wine. Not vilently, just enough to get the paint swirlin' around in the cup. Never really had a problem with my flake or pearl settlin' doin' it that way. ;) :beerchug:

Here's a link for all my fellow garage nutz. I've bought some stuff from them before. Their car care stuff was crap, except for the 100% cotton diaper cloths they sell. Those are awesome.

They have some awesome garage toys. Just make sure yer credit card is brought up to full operating temperature before you place yer order. Otherwise, it's liable to spin a bearing!!!  :eek:  :laugh:

Griot's Garage

Back