Tined Visor Solution.....

GNBRETT

Registered
so I have been searching the internet for a tinted visor solution and came across the new AGV LCD tint of command visor. it does not transition from light to dark. u simply tap a rubber button on the left side of the helmet to go from tint to clear. its a good size rubber button so u will have no issues finding the button and pressing it with gloves on.

I like this idea better cause I want it tinted wen I want it. its instant unlike the transitions lens I had for my Bell Star. I had seen this LCD idea before but it was generic for any helmet. this is designed by AGV for AGV helmets. well, for the Pista, Corsa and the GT-Veloce. this is a well made product. no junk here. comes fully charged right out of the box. it doesn't get any darker then my transitions lens wud. if u want really dark u will have to purchase a dedicated very dark lens but I don't care for the really dark lens so this works for me personally.

so im gonna have to buy a new helmet now. the other reason I like the AGV is the reviews all state how it doesn't lift at high speeds. my Bell Star wud lift at about 110 mph really bad! felt like someone was trying to rip my head off from behind.

the AGV seems to have quite a large field of view as well. the problem I had with the transitions lens is the time it wud take to go from dark to light and light to dark. there were just many times riding I wanted tint instantly and times I wanted no tint instantly. that doesn't happen with the transitions lens but will with an on/off LCD switch.

I had bought a Shoei RF-1200 thinking Shoei was gonna release their transitions lens but it never happen so I will be selling my Shoei helmet if anyone is interested. its matt black and size Large. I never wore it. I don't have the box tho. it also has a Sena SMH-10 in it. I will create a for sale thread later tonite probably.

this visor is not available in the US yet and had to order it from a UK company. I ordered it at night. by the time I woke up it was processed and I had a DHL tracking number and arrived at my house a week later. trying to upload a short video but utube is takn forever! I will upload it as soon as its done. here are a few pics tho and the site I ordered it from.....LCD Smoke Visor for AGV Corsa / PistaGP - Champion Helmets

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

Also interested in seeing this visor in action. I guess I am just cheap, I usually would just carry a pair of tinted safety glasses in the tail of the bike and slip those on when I needed a little relief. They are super thin and slip on without the helmet pressing them into your head/ears. I was using a brand called Bomber, but now there are a dozen companies selling them for under 5 bucks. Most tool guys(snap on, mac, matco) carry something similar on there truck.
41lHdQ42wnL._SX450_.jpg

Have you tried on a AGV helmet yet? I remember my last AGV being more of a long oval shape.

Have you tried on a AGV helmet yet? I remember my last AGV being more of a long oval shape.
yea I tried on at Revzilla last year. it fit fine. at the time I just wasn't crazy about the design of it but after reading many reviews and talkn to a couple ppl who wear them (pista) I then realized the unusual shape is certainly by design and really cuts down on head lift and turbulence at high speeds and head check don't make u feel like ur neck is gonna snap!

helmet seems to work well for Rossi lol.

my Bell Star was so useless at high speeds.

my buddy says that spoiler on the back aint for show. it actually works like they say it does and it breaks off in a crash. gonna order one in a couple weeks. bike is still being worked on as I'm waiting for the pistons to come back from being coated so its not like I have anything to ride anyway.

the video I took will not upload. have no idea why. its the first time I've uploaded a video from my Macbook so if anyone has any advice I'm all ears....

Cool product. I just run a strip of tint material at the top of my visor. Just have to tilt head up a tiny bit at night.

Cool product. I just run a strip of tint material at the top of my visor. Just have to tilt head up a tiny bit at night.
I guess thats not much different then the Arai setup except much cheaper. I though about doing that exact same thing but I figured this setup wud work better. time will tell wen I get the helmet and test it out.

Back