NO Transitions Lens From Shoei.....!!!!!!

GNBRETT

Registered
so I got an email a few days ago from Revzilla advising me that they have cancelled my Pre-order for the Shoei Transitions Lens. I'm like WTF! been waiting since Sept. of 2014!!!!!:bang head:

so I call and they tell me that Shoei cannot meet their demand for for lens. I asked wat the hell does that mean? apparently they can't get the thing to work properly. its not like their re-inventing the wheel for christs sake smh. they already exist! I just don't get it?

this really pisses me off cause I bought the Shoei helmet cause they were offering the Transitions lens and was supposed to ready in like a month after buying helmet. well, so much for that smh.

I don't like the Bell helmets which offer the transitions lens. in fact, it was the worst helmet I've ever owned so now I'm gonna just sell my RF1200 which has the Sena SMH-10 in it. I never even used it, not once. gonna try to give Arai another shot since they have the Pro Shade system. I just have no intention of carrying around an extra visor.

You may want to consider just counting yourself lucky and backing out of the purchase.

I get annoyed with my transitions lens almost every ride. I've got the Bell version on an RS-1. It's probably better than having to swap out lenses all the time, but I got spoiled by the drop down visor in my last helmet. I won't buy it again, I'll be going back to the drop down visor. I've been looking at that Shark Speed-R. Maybe keep the Bell with the clear lens for the track.

I think the transition is triggered by the UV not the brightness, so on a murky day mine will still go full tint and make it even murkier. Today was quite bright out and it never fully tinted.
Also, until a few days ago when I gave up on trying to save the anti-fog coating and just washed the thing in the sink, the nighttime vision was the worst I've ever had on a helmet. Huge halos on everything shiny. I was riding earlier tonight and it wasn't as bad so I think it was the coating.

Ehhh, I have no issues with a tinted visor at night, so it stays on at all times. I've never even used the clear shield that I have laying around.

A transition visor would be nice, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker for me.

I saw a visor type attachment at a dealer that looked kinda like a pin lock that was some how battery operated so that all you did was to push a button mounted on the helmet and the insert tinted. you can turn it on and off at will i guess. that might be a solution.

drop down visors are not Snell certified. non of them. I track my bike so I need a Snell rated helmet. plus, the drop down visor helmets are always heavy.

You may want to consider just counting yourself lucky and backing out of the purchase.

I get annoyed with my transitions lens almost every ride. I've got the Bell version on an RS-1. It's probably better than having to swap out lenses all the time, but I got spoiled by the drop down visor in my last helmet. I won't buy it again, I'll be going back to the drop down visor. I've been looking at that Shark Speed-R. Maybe keep the Bell with the clear lens for the track.

I think the transition is triggered by the UV not the brightness, so on a murky day mine will still go full tint and make it even murkier. Today was quite bright out and it never fully tinted.
Also, until a few days ago when I gave up on trying to save the anti-fog coating and just washed the thing in the sink, the nighttime vision was the worst I've ever had on a helmet. Huge halos on everything shiny. I was riding earlier tonight and it wasn't as bad so I think it was the coating.

Read all the reviews possible before you swear by the Arai Pro Shade. I'm not that big of a fan of it.

Read all the reviews possible before you swear by the Arai Pro Shade. I'm not that big of a fan of it.
believe me I'm not either. the visor is too short and doesn't really cover ur eyes properly but wat other option is there? I've looked, there is nothn that I've seen that is worth buying.

I use a tinted pin-lock in my RF-1100. Love it and never needed to change it at all.never fogs either

I've been looking at that Shark Speed-R. .

I like my SHARP rated Shark Speed-R especially the drop down visor i to will not go back to 2 visor helmet again
Ive had mine 3yrs now and its been awesome.
I had thought about a transitional lens helmet at the time but none were available down here lucky me by the sounds of things.

I finally have a little more time to tell you the "woes" of the Arai shield...

The add on Pro Shade parts add too much weight to the shield and without an actual ratcheting latch the shield is too heavy to stay up in any position except fully open.

The pro shield itself is sometimes hard to "lock" open. And if it isn't locked and you ride at night, turn your head just right, and BAM, the shield slams closed and it's dark as hell LOL

The shade isn't big enough to cover the whole clear shield, but it's not as bad as it seems. Works fine for shielding my eyes from the sun.

The brow vents don't open like the normal Arai vents. They slide up and down on the ProShield and they SUCK. Very hard to adjust on the road, and just annoying and feel cheap.

Bugs. Bugs. Bugs.. Cleaning one shield is one thing, cleaning a shield on top of a shield is quite another. Bugs get everywhere and are a pain to clean between the shields.

There's my :2cents:

Take it for what it is.. :laugh:

well, now u really got me thinking that pro shade may not be for me. seems like a real PITA. this really sux balls! thanx for the info....

I finally have a little more time to tell you the "woes" of the Arai shield...

The add on Pro Shade parts add too much weight to the shield and without an actual ratcheting latch the shield is too heavy to stay up in any position except fully open.

The pro shield itself is sometimes hard to "lock" open. And if it isn't locked and you ride at night, turn your head just right, and BAM, the shield slams closed and it's dark as hell LOL

The shade isn't big enough to cover the whole clear shield, but it's not as bad as it seems. Works fine for shielding my eyes from the sun.

The brow vents don't open like the normal Arai vents. They slide up and down on the ProShield and they SUCK. Very hard to adjust on the road, and just annoying and feel cheap.

Bugs. Bugs. Bugs.. Cleaning one shield is one thing, cleaning a shield on top of a shield is quite another. Bugs get everywhere and are a pain to clean between the shields.

There's my :2cents:

Take it for what it is.. :laugh:

I use a tinted pin-lock in my RF-1100. Love it and never needed to change it at all.never fogs either
I thought about that idea as well but I just can't seem to warm up to the pin lock thing. always seems to be dam finger prints all over it all the time and constantly havn to wipe it down.

my main issue is the double vision the pin lock gave me while nite riding. that was the most annoying thing.

I thought about that idea as well but I just can't seem to warm up to the pin lock thing. always seems to be dam finger prints all over it all the time and constantly havn to wipe it down.

my main issue is the double vision the pin lock gave me while nite riding. that was the most annoying thing.

FYI the shield that comes with the Proshield is a pinlock shield. :down:

Don't get me wrong, I USE the ProShield, and I do like it for what it is, but if you're looking for a one size fits all solution to a photochromic visor, it's not the ticket.

I keep it mounted to one helmet, and I grab that helmet if I know I'm going to be riding at night. I hate changing shields. I guess the joys of having multiple Arais. :lol:

Arai did release a transitions insert, reviews aren't that great about it.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I don't want a transitioning pinlock insert, I want the whole shield. Fail..

Back